• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

GIM Webdesign - What do you think?

Yellow

What do you think about the design and color scheme of the "new GIM"? Is the forum structure logical? Is the blue text easy to read on the white background? Just curious what people think.

Personally I like it. Looks better than the old GIM IMO. More "clean".

Blueice Mark II

Silver Member
Silver Miner
What do you think about the design and color scheme of the "new GIM"? Is the forum structure logical? Is the blue text easy to read on the white background? Just curious what people think.

Personally I like it. Looks better than the old GIM IMO.
I fully concur...

We could also use some yellow!!!

mayhem

RIP 9/6. Anything new is posted by his widow.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
All forum software has made the evolution with softer colors and lot's of java script to create the drop down menu's. The biggest change is the use of more CSS, eliminating a lot of 'html'.

I personally like it, and I am glad to see the upgrade. Very well done. Vbulletin was getting very stale, and left behind.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
thanks guys,

at least there are some positive thoughts regarding all this,

I am still working on fixing a couple of skins, like the dbrown with the almond verbiage, but I just haven't had time to tweak it yet. That download is acting different from the others.

Anyway, I will keep trying to improve it so everyone can work in a skin that is best for them.

S

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
It looks great now that we have several selections to choose from thanks to the Bear....

livtocruz

Seeker
Seeker
Personally I like the Simple Purple skin. It's very easy on the eyes. Once you've gotten used to manoeuvring through the this site It's easier than the old one.

Just my personal opinion.

The new set-up is nice, was just used to the old format. I'll get used to this eventually.

One thing I've noticed on the new forum is the formatting is messed up in some places (some overlap on reply, quote area), and I can't see anyone's Avatars. It just say 'x member's avatar'. Is there a way to fix this?

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Hey up Weneed,

go into your settings, then on the left side, choose edit your settings, then make sure that avs, sigs, etc have a check in the box for it.

try that first please,

Scorp

Hey Scorp, I just checked that area you mentioned in 'General Settings' and the avatars, signature, are all checked marked. I'm on Firefox, not sure if anyone else has mentioned the issue.

sholomar

I really loved the old colors and layout, the new will take getting used to.. this style is growing on me though, it's not so bad. :) I'm just used to this style since so many forums use it.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.wow.com/media/2008/03/ah0320vbulletin4.jpg

I should note the 'brown' skin produces some formatting errors on my firefox... notably around the avatar and reply buttons.