• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

gim2 members compare health insurance costs

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

Silvergun

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I have Kaiser, which my employer covers 100% including my wife. Other dependents (kids) they cover 80% and I have to cover 20%.

It is a high deductible plan, which I think is $4000 for a family. After that everything is covered. The copays are high (around $80-120 depending), but it counts towards the deductible. My work also funds a HSA (health savings account) for each employee, so technically nothing is out of pocket until you have kids here. I believe its the best healthcare compared to our competitors in the Civil Engineering / Land Surveying field.

I have a great job, which is awesome and I am truly blessed, but its also one of the main reasons I stay in California...so somewhat of a double edged sword. I also dont really want to get a survey license in another state all those exams kicked my a$$!!!!!!

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Balls of steel
Not really. If I have a major hospital expense...

1. The hospital will instantly cut the bill in half when they find out I don't have insurance
2. They will agree to a payment plan that will be no more per month than I would have been paying for insurance

Why make the payments until I need to make payments?

But dental? With four kids I get more back from dental insurance than I pay in -- by far. This is worth paying for.

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
shitheadsteve_166409532_1627902587598471_5901020021442473047_n.jpg

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Not really. If I have a major hospital expense...

1. The hospital will instantly cut the bill in half when they find out I don't have insurance
2. They will agree to a payment plan that will be no more per month than I would have been paying for insurance

Why make the payments until I need to make payments?

But dental? With four kids I get more back from dental insurance than I pay in -- by far. This is worth paying for.

Cunning strategy.