• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Glock Pistols: History, Detail Assembly And Machine Pistol

Stinger

....... My all time favorite is the model 21 gen 3. Bakers dozen of .45 in a lightweight package and fun to shoot.
Me too! I own two of them; and without one of my Gen3 G-21's on my waist I feel naked. Where I go, my G-21 goes with me. Back in 2008 I answered an unexpected knock on the door with a G-21 in my back pocket; and, if I hadn't I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be typing this, right now.

Neither 3rd gen. G-21 was reliable when I, first, bought then back in late 2003. Both of them had the original #4256 trigger bars in them; and neither would return-to-battery worth a damn. During the first two and a half years that I tried to run them, I used to get sick 'n tired of going onto the internet, trying to figure out what was wrong with my G-21's, only to read over and over again about how absolutely 'purr .... fect' the other fellow's frigg 'in Glock (anything) was!

After Glock, Inc. got sued by, at least, two police agencies Smyrna finally decided to 'fess up' and fix the damned problem. After all the lies that Glock technical support told me, (You know, bullhooey lines like: 'Are you sure you're not limp-wristing the pistol?'* or, 'Maybe you're not using the right ammunition?'** (Both expressions were introduced into America's firearm lexicon AFTER Glock's plastic pistols started to become popular!) Well, getting sued by a couple of large police agencies finally forced Glock, Inc/GmbH to fix the damned problem; and the replacement of Glock's old (for crap) #4256 trigger bars with their new (and much improved) #4256-1 trigger bars, at long last, fixed the problem!

Since 2006 one of my G-21's has fired off, something like, 27 or 28 thousand rounds; and the other G-21 has fired a good 20 thousand, or so, rounds. All without so much as a single hiccup! What really pisses me off about Glock pistols is that out of all the major firearm manufacturers with whom I've done business over the past 40 years Glock, GmbH/Inc. is the only gun manufacturer who has repeatedly flat-out lied to me, over and over again.

These pistols arouse mixed emotions in me. Sure, I carry one everyday; and since 2006 I've been able to trust my Glocks to perform when I want them to; however, while I like the performance and reliability that I'm getting right now, I do not like the fact that Glock pistols do not have discretionary, user-applied safeties, and the polymer frames are completely unreinforced.

The latter fact is, in my carefully considered opinion, ultimately going to have a negative effect upon the longevity of all Glock pistols; and I've already seen proof of this in the form of small frame cracks on Glocks owned by several other people. (Have you ever stopped to wonder 'Why?' so many major police departments across America trade-in their old Glocks for new Glocks every 8 to 10 years? I have.)

Anyway, when a Glock runs right it'll shoot, and shoot, and shoot; but this is, all, today's performance. Tomorrow who knows? Maybe whoever has my Glocks 15 or 20 years from now will be calling Smyrna for help with some (genuinely) curious problem; and factory tech support will be telling him, 'Have you tried using different ammunition?' or, 'Are you sure you're not limp-wristing it?'

:fishing:

* 'I don't know?' 'I've only been handling pistols for the past 40 years, and teaching pistol shooting for the past 30 years.' 'I don't think I'd be doing something like limp-wristing one of these suckers.'

** 'Well, it says 'Remington' on the box.' 'Do you think that's good enough ammo for a Glock?'

Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Glock 19X
hickok45

Published on Mar 6, 2018
Shooting and discussing the new Glock 19X. Simple math: Glock 17 + Glock 19 = Glock 19X !

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
2 Glock 19 pistols that you don't see everyday
hickok45andson

Published on Apr 3, 2018

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Pimped my Glock
The VSO Gun Channel

Published on Apr 29, 2018
Blacklist industries is helped me out with some mods to my Glock specifically for suppressor testing. This is a Glock 19 with all stock internals (the way they should be) and the addition of Black List's barrel, spring kit, guide rod, pin kit, and flared magwell. We also use XS raised suppressor sights, and a Griffin Optimus Silencer in this video.

Subscribe to our channel on FULL30.com:
https://www.full30.com/channels/vigil...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
DTF Industries SAFE Space Device for Glock NRA 2018
Hank Strange

Published on May 10, 2018
DTF Industries SAFE (Side Arm Failsafe Extension) Space Device for Glock is a patent-pending semi-automatic pistol accessory that is attached to a pistol’s frame. The primary function of the S.A.F.E Space Device is to act as a rigid barrier in front of the muzzle to ensure unimpeded cycling of the pistol action at all times from Eastern Beacon Industries.

STAY CONNECTED WITH HANK : http://www.hankstrange.tv/
https://goo.gl/8DsUcJ

Disclaimer: These videos are strictly for educational and entertainment purposes only. Imitation or the use of anything demonstrated in my videos is done AT YOUR OWN RISK. All work on firearms should be carried out by a licensed individual and all state and federal rules apply to such. We (including YouTube) will not be held liable for any injury to yourself or damage to your firearms resulting from attempting anything shown in any our videos. I do not endorse any specific product and this video is not an attempt to sell you a good or service. I am not a gun shop and DO NOT sell or deal in Firearms. Such a practice is heavily regulated and subject to applicable laws. I DO NOT sell parts, magazines, or firearms. These videos are free to watch and if anyone attempts to charge for this video notify us immediately. By viewing or flagging this video you are acknowledging the above.

Fair Use: In the rare instance I include someone else's footage it is covered in Fair Use for Documentary and Educational purposes with intention of driving commentary and allowing freedom of speech.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Glock Spring Rates - Should You Change Yours?
The Daily Shooter

Published on Jun 21, 2018
This video is intended to be a simple answer to a complex question. Should you change the weight on your Glock Spring? Changing the spring rate can cause malfunctions and lead to issues however conversely it can also improve performance with specific mods.
Use Discount Code TDS5 at Optics Planet to save on your entire order.
For links and even more information subscribe on Full30
https://www.full30.com/channels/theda...
Support the channel on Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/thedailyshooter

This video is intended for educational purposes only!

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
If I see one more video about changing anything on a Glock....I think I will start a class action suit based on their advertising of Glock Perfection....lol

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Alpha V5 Executive Carry Glock 19 Slide
The Daily Shooter

Published on Jul 2, 2018
This is a look at the Alpha V5 Executive Carry slide for the Glock 19 from Alpha Shooting Sports.
Check them out at Optics Planet and use Discount Code TDS5 at checkout on your entire order.

For actual links follow or watch on Full30
https://www.full30.com/channels/theda...

This video is intended for educational purposes only!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Does your Glock want a little Micro-Roni?
Legally Armed America

Published on Jul 16, 2018
Check out this chases made by CAA to carry a Glock in it. Interesting little accessory for Glocks.

* Be sure to join the web's ONLY 100% pro-gun social community, Gun District at GunDistrict.com. It's much like Facebook, but without the discrimination against gun owners.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Gen5 Glock 19 9mm Pistol Review: A Step Backwards Or The Best Glock Yet?
Mrgunsngear Channel

Published on Jul 21, 2018
I do some shooting with the new Generation 5 Glock 19 pistol, discuss the changes to it vs. Gen3 and Gen4 pistols, go over my experience with it and what I think of it overall.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Glock, Micro-Roni, and red dot at 50 yards
Legally Armed America

Published on Jul 30, 2018
Last week we shot a CAA Micro-Roni out of the box and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. This week we put a Trijicon MRO red dot on it and dialed it in.

* Be sure to join the web's ONLY 100% pro-gun social community, Gun District at GunDistrict.com. It's much like Facebook, but without the discrimination against gun owners.

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
1911.glock.but.for.men.jpg

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I have a 9mm and 45 glock, both fine guns. 9 has ported barrel and slide, awesome to shoot.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Glock 19X First Shots: 22plinkster & I Try Out The New Glock 9mm Pistol
Mrgunsngear Channel

Published on Aug 8, 2018
I stopped by 22plinkster's range with my new Glock 19X pistol and we sent a few rounds downrange and give our initial thoughts on the gun.

22plinkster's channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/22plinkster

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
The Folding Glock: Full Conceal Demo
TFB TV

Published on Aug 12, 2018
In this episode of TFBTV, James is at TriggrCon where he talks to the guys at Full Conceal to find out what the deal is with this fancy folding Glock.

According to Full Conceal's materials:

"Our M3D pistol has a footprint of a common cell phone so you can safely carry it loaded in a pocket, purse, or bag. You can tuck in your shirt, not have any clips on your belt, and the confidence that no will know you are carrying.

Perspective: Compared to a traditional 'L-Shaped' pistol, when carried loaded, a holster is required and therefore, there is higher chance you will reveal your conceal carry because of belt clips, specific thicker tactical belts, large shirts. Also, as you move around your daily life, as your body shifts, the handle of a 'L-Shaped' pistol carry will print 2 inches above your belt line even if you are wearing a large T-shirt.

When carrying a loaded folded M3D pistol, it is actually thinner than any other 9mm pistol (even single stack sub-compact pistols) because it was designed to be 100% safely carried without the extra thickness of a holster. There is no other pistol in it's class that has this ability to carry safely without a holster.

Perspective: By the time you add a holster to a single stack pistol, it will be thicker than our 'double stack' M3D, which will give you 3x more ammo capacity and the benefits of a bigger pistol."

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Glock Gen 5 WA Elite Flat Face Trigger
sootch00

Published on Aug 14, 2018
Wheaton Arms has just released their Glock Gen 5 Elite Flat Face Trigger. Easy Install and much improved Trigger action make.

I want to thank:
Wheaton Arms
Fiocchi Ammunition
GunMagWareHouse
USGruntGear
JacksonLeatherWork
Rubber Dummies

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Did Glock Just Perfect the G19 and G17? The NEW G19 and G17 MOS!
TFB TV

Published on Sep 24, 2018
In this episode of TFBTV, James Reeves looks at two more Glock models: The Glock 19 MOS and the Glock 17 MOS, both in generation 5. While Glock recently improved it's line with the 5th generation, including the Glock marksman barrel, nDLC coatings, beveled and flared magazine well, ambidextrous slide stop, and the omission of the prior generation's finger grooves (among other improvements), Glock pushed the envelope a bit further with the addition of the Gen 5 Glock 17/19 MOS, which allows users to add a miniature red dot optic AND also adds forward slide serrations. Could these be the best factory Glocks ever made? James tells you why the answer is 'yes.'

««« FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA »»»
https://www.facebook.com/TheFirearmBl...
https://www.instagram.com/TFBTV/

««« GUNS IN THIS VIDEO »»»
-Glock 17 MOS Gen 5
-Glock 19 MOS Gen 5

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
NEW Glock Mod. 45! (No, It's Not Just a Black 19X)
TFB TV

Published on Sep 24, 2018
In this episode of TFBTV, James unveils the brand new Glock model 45. The Glock 45 takes after the popular Glock 19X, but with some changes. First, the full suite of Gen 5 improvements have been added: black NDLC coating, a beveled and flared magazine well, ambidextrous slide stop, and the Glock marksman barrel, among other things. But additionally, the 45 will also come with front slide serrations, a custom improvement that users have been asking Glock for with increasing frequency.

From Glock:

GLOCK, Inc. is scheduled to announce the launch of the GLOCK 45 9X19 pistol on September 24th, 2018. The official launch of the pistol will be October 5th, 2018 at which time the pistols will be available at retailers. Since the introduction of the G19X, a pistol identified as a “Crossover” by combining two of its most-popular platforms, there has been an increasing demand for a version of the pistol in black.

Chambered in 9X19, the G45 combines the Crossover feature by pairing a full-size Gen5 style frame with the compact-size slide featuring front serrations.

G45 pistols will begin shipping to dealers after the official announcement on 24 August and should be on dealer shelves by October 5th.

The G45 includes many of the Gen5 design enhancements as well as the addition of front serrations on the slide and the removal of the half-moon cut on the frame.

nDLC finish: This finish is exclusive to the GLOCK manufacturing process and is an ion-bonded finish that reduces corrosion and scratching and aids in the reliable functionality of the weapon in degreased or adverse conditions.

Flared mag-well: The larger opening makes it easier to funnel the magazine and allows for quicker magazine changes, particularly in high-stress situations where fractions of seconds matter. *Note that the G45 does not include the half-moon cut as seen in previous Gen5 models.

GLOCK Marksman Barrel: Also known as the GMB, this match-grade barrel features a recessed target-style crown, tighter chamber specs and more aggressive rifling to deliver improved accuracy.

Removal of the finger grooves on the grip: Removing the finger grooves improves the ergonomics of the grip and increases versatility and control.

Ambidextrous slide stop lever: This makes it easier for gun owners to quickly, safely, and comfortably manipulate the slide whether they are left-handed or right-handed.

The G45 models will come with 3 of the Gen5 standard magazines which are enhanced with orange followers and floorplates that are extended at the front to match the flared magwell on the G45 frame.

The G45 also features the modular backstrap and beavertail system, enlarged reversible magazine catch and Rough Textured Frame (RTF) surface.

- Glock 19x
- Glock 45

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
The Glock Assembly Challenge
Mike The Cop

Published on Sep 25, 2018
Had a little fun with Aaron of Relentless Defender and Jason of Millecor doing a Glock assembly challenge at the shop (with special appearance by Liberty the dog).

These guys are truly committed to businesses that give back to the law enforcement community and have donated more than 3/4 of a million to non-profits.

Check 'em out:

RELENTLESS
http://www.relentlessdefender.com/mtc
use code "mikethecop" for FREE shipping

MILLECOR
http://www.millecor.com/mtc
use code "mikethecop" for 10% off

I'd be honored if you considered supporting my work on Patreon:
http://www.patreon.com/mikethecop

Thanks guys!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Is the Glock 45 really a GEN 6???
Legally Armed America

Published on Sep 29, 2018
With the changes included on the Glock 45, we feel that this was more likely to be a GEN 6 than a GEN 5.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Which 10mm Glock Is Best? Glock 20 vs. Glock 29 With MASSIVE Gel Test!
TFB TV

Published on Oct 2, 2018
We rock out with our Glocks out to compare velocity and gel performance between the G20SF and G29SF with so much data your face will melt! Six loads tested for velocity and two loads tested in ballistic gel. There can only be one!

After comparing five different loads, it is clear that the velocity difference between the 4.61" G20SF barrel and the 3.78" G29SF barrel is unremarkable for most loads. The G20SF did produce a higher velocity in every case, but the largest difference was about 67 fps. That is a small enough difference that you could see that when going from cold weather to hot. Of course, slower propellants might make for even greater disparities, but velocity should not be the primary factor in deciding between these two guns.

Another surprising result of this testing was the insane penetration seen from the Underwood 220 grain hard cast. It's no surprise that a high sectional density solid in 10mm Auto at respectable speed can penetrate deeply. But the degree of penetration was absolutely insane at over 5 1/4" feet. Likewise, the relatively modest penetration of the Lehigh Extreme Penetrator was also unexpected. Not that 25"-27" is anything to scoff at, but in comparison to the heavier hard cast bullet, the Extreme Penetrator did not penetrate extremely deep.

In more subjective terms, both guns are controllable and fun to shoot. But the G20SF allows a more complete grip and has a longer sight radius, making it easier to shoot well. That extra real estate matters when you want to get fast, accurate hits with a cartridge like 10mm. Conversely, the G29SF is obviously a lot easier to conceal. Either gun would be a good choice for carry and the primary consideration should not be terminal effect. If you have to choose, you should make your choice based on whether you consider ease of carry or ease of shooting to be more important. Of course, the correct answer is not to choose at all and to simply get both.

Underwood 220 gr hard cast from both G20 and G29 exceeded 62.5"
Lehigh 140gr Extreme pentrator from G29: 27.2"
Lehigh 140gr Extreme pentrator from G20: 25.3"

See here for full velocity details:
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog?p...

G20 averages:
Hornady 175 grain critical duty 1071.40
Ventura Heritage 180 grain jhp 1314.40
Underwood 220 grain 1128.80
Lehigh 140 grain Xtreme penetrator 1371.40
HSM 180 grain uhp 1082.40
LAX 180 grain FMJ 1082.60

G29 averages:
175 grain critical duty 1044.60
Ventura Heritage 180 grain jhp 1247.20
Underwood 220 grain 1090.20
Lehigh 140 grain Xtreme penetrator 1306.20
HSM 180 grain uhp 1054.00
LAX 180 grain FMJ 1027.40

Differences:
175 grain critical duty 26.8
Ventura Heritage 180 grain jhp 67.2
Underwood 220 grain 38.6
Lehigh 140 grain Xtreme penetrator 65.2
HSM 180 grain uhp 28.4
LAX 180 grain FMJ 55.2

Glock 20SF
Glock 29SF

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
The 45 GAP and G38 Gen 3
SmallArmsSolutions

Published on Oct 1, 2018
Efect Military Tool https://amzn.to/2NGOKWz
Armorer's Manual http://amzn.to/2G5FRm2

Please consider donating on our Patreon page to unlock exclusive videos and content. Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/smallarmssolu...

G96 - Code SAS10 - 10% off - https://bit.ly/2INZpgi
Manta Products - Code SAS20 - 20% off - https://bit.ly/2IIzLK9

SAS Merchandise -https://teespring.com/stores/small-ar...

Mailing Address: PO Box 90353, Houston, Texas 77290

Facebook - https://bit.ly/2INZa4S
BLOG - smallarmssolutions.com
Instagram - SmallArmsSolutions

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Gen 3 Glocks Being Discontinued?
The Daily Shooter

Published on Oct 18, 2018
I recently began receiving questions across my social media accounts regarding Glock Gen 3 pistols. People had heard that Glock was going to discontinue the Gen 3 since they have now moved on to their 5th generation. I called Glock. This video answers that question.

Videos also available on Full30 https://www.full30.com/channels/theda...

This video is intended for educational and entertainment purposes only!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Glock G45
SmallArmsSolutions

Published on Nov 5, 2018
Efect Military Tool https://amzn.to/2NGOKWz
Armorer's Manual http://amzn.to/2G5FRm2

Please consider donating on our Patreon page to unlock exclusive videos and content. Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/smallarmssolu...

G96 - Code SAS10 - 10% off - https://bit.ly/2INZpgi
Manta Products - Code SAS20 - 20% off - https://bit.ly/2IIzLK9
Beard Products - Code SMALLARMS15 - 15% off http://bit.ly/2KS6nSI

SAS Merchandise -https://teespring.com/stores/small-ar...

Mailing Address: PO Box 90353, Houston, Texas 77290

Facebook - https://bit.ly/2INZa4S
BLOG - smallarmssolutions.com
Instagram - SmallArmsSolutions
Twitter - @chrisbartocci

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Glock 45
SageDynamics

Published on Nov 6, 2018
Aaron reviews the Glock 45

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Gen 5 Glock 17 MOS FS! | Finally Glock Perfection?
Talon Sei

Published on Nov 4, 2018
Glock has finally done it!

Here are some answers to questions that will probably be asked...

I always shot G19s well and never had an issue, but now when shooting the larger 17 grip right next to the 19, I can easily tell the difference and greater control I have with the larger grip. The 19x never appealed to me, 1 for the color choice Glock made and 2 the proportions look off to me. The 19x and G45 are also great choices especially for someone who is looking for a concealed carry piece. The shorter slide would be much easier to conceal in almost every position, especially when sitting down however I went with the 17 for the "full size" factor. I am happy with the choice and I will most likely not be purchasing either of the other 2 full grip options.

The belt I am testing out in this video is a new tactical belt from Safelife Defense. I will be covering it here on the channel soon!
https://safelifedefense.com/belts
Code "TALONSEI" will save you 10% off any belt or body armor order

Videos referenced -
“Old” Gen 5 Glock 17 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMTfx...
P10-C vs. Gen 5 G19 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIZRX...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Vigilance Elite - Glock 45 VS Glock 19x with Shawn Ryan
Vigilance Elite

Published on Nov 22, 2018
Happy Thanksgiving!

Shawn Ryan compares the Glock 45 to the Glock 19x. Are there any differences?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Glock 29 10mm Concealed Carry
God family and guns

Published on Dec 11, 2018
This video takes a look at the Glock 29 to see if it might be the best concealed carry 10mm out there.

God, Family and Guns T-Shirts, Hoodies, and Hats : Currently pre-ordering for 12-17-18
https://shop.missingink.com/godfamily...

Your support is critical to our mission and channel. Please consider becoming a GFG patron. http://www.patreon.com/godfamilyandguns.

To help our school click our go fund me . We are a non for profit and your donations are tax deductible
https://www.gofundme.com/advancing-th...

Full30 https://www.full30.com/channels/godfa...

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/godfamilyand...

Our website offers a link to submit prayer request. http://www.godfamilyandguns.org

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Glock 48
hickok45

Published on Feb 24, 2019
Shooting and discussing the new Glock 48.