• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Gold and Silver Eagle sales way down YOY

Gcubed

Banned
Reaction score
Condition is a big determinant of the price of back-dated ase's and fractional age's, because of the way they are packaged and attrition. The vast majority are not gems.

Way back I bought a box of 20 1994 PCGS MS69s. Sequential serial numbers. I'm too embarrassed to mention what I paid. :cry_smile:

Have a tube of 96s that were never graded. They all sit in a far corner of the safe.

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Did the US Mint shutdown on 12/10/2012 to get ready for 2013 Silver Eagles?

Some_Math_Guy

Banned
Reaction score
I just recently passed 2000oz (a MAJOR personal milestone for me), and have now readjusted my ultimate goal to be my own weight in silver oz (around 2500 oz). So overall, around 23.50$/oz (premiums in). :36_11_6: My goal for next year is to reach 3000oz from the current 2625oz. :pepsi:I would be very happy to add another 500oz over the next 12 months,:cheers: but I don't think that's likely as I think it quite unlikely that the POS will still be down at 20$ for all of next year.:haha:

Banned
Reaction score
SMG,have you ever thought to chart the amount of money you convinced idiots at kitco to lose with your thread of predictions there in the silver forum?

You have quite a following.

Tinbox

YOU GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR!
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
SMG,have you ever thought to chart the amount of money you convinced idiots at kitco to lose with your thread of predictions there in the silver forum?

DYODD, stands for due your own due diligence. Same goes for any Kitco posters. Do you think they would be sending some_math_guy part of their profits had silver of doubled? I don't think so, so why are you trying to make him feel bad about their losses? No one knows what the price is going to do with a 100% certainty.

Basically what I've seen of your posts so far is that you are a crap stirrer, you got banned from Kitco so you came here to get your rocks off. (as well as bullionstacker)

Gcubed

Banned
Reaction score
DYODD, stands for due your own due diligence. Same goes for any Kitco posters. Do you think they would be sending some_math_guy part of their profits had silver of doubled? I don't think so, so why are you trying to make him feel bad about their losses? No one knows what the price is going to do with a 100% certainty.

Basically what I've seen of your posts so far is that you are a crap stirrer, you got banned from Kitco so you came here to get your rocks off. (as well as bullionstacker)

Tinbox, I've advised staying away from buying silver for a few years. Am I a crap stirrer too? I believe my advice has proven correct so far. Damn, I want the market to reverse too! :cry_smile:

Tinbox

YOU GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR!
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Tinbox, I've advised staying away from buying silver for a few years. Am I a crap stirrer too? I believe my advice has proven correct so far. Damn, I want the market to reverse too! :cry_smile:

Not usually, although I think you were overly harsh to HistoryStudent. He should be able to post what he thinks the price is going to do without getting bashed, just like you should be able to post that you think the price of silver is going down. I would agree that he was over the top with some of his predictions, but does it really matter? If someone bases their investment decisions based on what someone on the internet posted then that's on them, not anyone else. Price predictions are just an opinion, no one is going to be right a 100% of the time.

And yes Gcubed you were right about the price taking a downturn. Myself, history student, and probably a bunch of others on this forum were wrong. I really did not think we would see the teens (or even $25), but here we are :hmpf:

Gcubed

Banned
Reaction score
Not usually, although I think you were overly harsh to HistoryStudent. He should be able to post what he thinks the price is going to do without getting bashed, just like you should be able to post that you think the price of silver is going down. I would agree that he was over the top with some of his predictions, but does it really matter? If someone bases their investment decisions based on what someone on the internet posted then that's on them, not anyone else. Price predictions are just an opinion, no one is going to be right a 100% of the time.

And yes Gcubed you were right about the price taking a downturn. Myself, history student, and probably a bunch of others on this forum were wrong. I really did not think we would see the teens (or even $25), but here we are :hmpf:

Thank You for your honesty and candor today, really. :thumbs_up:

Banned
Reaction score
The moonies feed off of each other & absolutely refuse to even consider an opposing viewpoint. New people think,hey the sky is falling, & all of these people agree.. Let me buy ASAP

You guys know what you are doing... Don' even pretend that you aren't trying to create artificial demand..

Look at WhatsupDoc & his 587 ASE threads..Bruce 7

Banned
Reaction score
Kitco loved GotGoldies when he was pimping silver

Hi Ho Silver

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score

I don't think G has said these words in a post until today....( i could be wrong )nice to hear... hmmmmmmmm maybe there is hope :s9:

Gcubed

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think G has said these words in a post until today....( i could be wrong )nice to hear... hmmmmmmmm maybe there is hope :s9:

You don't pay attention. I love a rising market. I just acknowledge that markets also fall. I don't believe in the Easter Bunny. I do try to use common sense.

Hi Ho Silver

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
You don't pay attention. I love a rising market. I just acknowledge that markets also fall. I don't believe in the Easter Bunny. I do try to use common sense.

i do pay attention. it wasn't a shot G- it's actually nice to know.

Goldteam

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score

so when will it rise again? thanks

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
It's amazing to see the number of these coins sold the last four or five years. To match last year will be a tall order. There are mainstream reports that indicate that the US Mint could not get the blanks and therefore could not take orders. ASE sales alone will not determine the direction of price. ETF's will play an even bigger role. Right know the lowest premium I've seen is $3.49 over spot at GEC and which is more than most people are willing to shell out. I still think 30 million get sold this year assuming the Mint has the ability to produce them.

Some_Math_Guy

Banned
Reaction score

I guess that in the end, my mistake was underestimating the level of depravity that financiers and the US government would go to in order to preserve the monopoly on their ability to ‘print’ wealth, by stealing it from producing citizens (you and me) through inflation. Someday, perhaps the HFT algorithms will be set to ‘price’ gold and silver at $0.01, completely destroying paper longs and PM ETF fund holders, while real physical gold and silver go completely underground with none to be had whatsoever, anywhere. Gold and silver will always, always have intrinsic value – something that can’t be said about dollars, euros, US Treasuries, stock certificates, or mortgages – which are all promises to pay. When the counterparty can’t pay, the promise is worthless. And mathematically, we all know that nearly all governments, pension funds, and corporations simply ‘cannot pay’ their counterparties going forward. The math simply doesn’t work. :signs14:

This steamrolling of gold and silver is nothing more than a highly coordinated, pre-planned attack on holders of real money, to wipe out paper silver traders and frighten you into selling, and sour you on the merits of precious metals as the most viable alternative to the fiat debt slave system. The fact that such an egregious attack has been committed in plain sight (selling 500 tons of gold into the market in 30 minutes), with no regulatory questions asked whatsoever, should tell you everything that you need to know about how important it is to hold real physical gold and silver during the coming Special Period, during which promises by essentially all governments will be broken (Pensions, Social Security, free healthcare and entitlements for all retirees) due to massive deficits and bankruptcy, inflation will be a cruel 20-30% annually, and the government will become increasingly draconian in it’s attempts to take everything from you in order to continue feeding the Government beast. Somewhere at the end of all of this is a total collapse of the paper monetary system, just as has happened every one of the thousands of times this has happened to other countries throughout history when TPTB tried to use unbacked paper money to ‘print’ prosperity. Within Japan now openly planning 3% inflation (which means 10%+ inflation in the real world) and $2 trillion of freshly-created fiat currency planned over the next 12 months by just the US and Japan alone (with no end in sight) and the US, the printer of the world’s reserve currency increasing the FRN money supply by a factor of 700% in just 7 years (800 Billion to 6 trillion from 2008 to 2015), the writing is on the wall for the largest devaluation of paper currency in the history of mankind. That, my friends, is a mathematical certainty. Once those trillions upon trillion of Excess Reserves start getting lent out, once the Fed Carry Trade ends sometime in the next decade, monetary aggregates and prices are going to increase so fast, you won’t believe it.

Perhaps the takeaway lesson from all of this carnage is

‘Don’t try to understand the workings of the psychopathic Banking Cartel. Just buy as much physical silver as you can reasonably afford every month, regardless of price - until the mathematically-inevitable collapse of the dollar and consequently all fiat currencies commences’.

I do feel that I should apologize if people feel let down or that I misled them. :signs14:As I’ve said before, I’m no guru, but I do say what I think and act on what I say. Everybody is of course free to make their own decisions, but hopefully my posts help with your understanding and to put things in perspective. The feud between precious metals and the financial establishment has had many battles throughout the centuries, and will have many, many more…but history shows that gold and silver ALWAYS WIN OUT in the end. Regardless of individual battles lost or won, gold and silver have always won the war eventually when the society acknowledges collectively that asset-backed money with intrinsic value must be re-instituted, otherwise wealth will always eventually be appropriated by psychopaths in government and finance. This time will be no different…just on a much grander scale as the fiat currency experiment is global this time around.

Personally, I measure my wealth in ounces, and by that timeless metric I’m getting wealthier every single month. Are you?:36_1_11:

Keep stacking,
some_math_guy

Eyebone

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
I guess that in the end, my mistake was underestimating the level of depravity that financiers and the US government would go to in order to preserve the monopoly on their ability to ‘print’ wealth,

That's 'it' for me.

I am humbled by their power.

I have to hoard cash and buy a little silver now.

Banned
Reaction score
Wow SMG.. Just WOW!!!!

Throw in a little old tyme religion & you could be Jason Hommel's twin...

Some_Math_Guy

Banned
Reaction score
Wow SMG.. Just WOW!!!!

Throw in a little old tyme religion & you could be Jason Hommel's twin...

As Jason Hommel says,

'I strongly advise you to take possession of real gold and silver, at anywhere near today's prices, while you still can. The fundamentals indicate rising prices for decades to come, and a major price spike can happen at any time.

:cool1: He said in an interview once that he stores his silver hoard in freezers. He said he keeps in shape by hefting all of that silver around...I believe he said he has several million ounces of .999 silver.

Now that's a storage 'problem' I would like to have!:15_1_70v:

Gcubed

Banned
Reaction score
Silver? I gots yer Silver!!

blowoffag.jpg

:cool1:

Banned
Reaction score
JH is now pimping miners... Seems he's went "paper" wooooooo

Or maybe,he's just a pumper

Mines Management. I own shares. The company has not paid me to write this article.

www.minesmanagement.com (ticker: MGN)

The market cap is $22 million, at $.77/share

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=mgn&ql=1

Mines management, once in full production, can gross $264 million or more per year for 30 years.

From http://www.minesmanagement.com/montanore-overview.php

"The project has already undergone extensive engineering, and is designed with an initial production capacity of approximately 12,500 tons per day estimated to yield 8 million ounces of silver and 60 million pounds of copper, with the added potential to increase production."

And what's the projected gross profits? The company estimates an operating cash cost of $22.51/tonne. (page 10) of the Company Presentation. But the ore contains $90/tonne worth of silver and copper. (page 9) of the Company Presentation.pdf

The implied math: $90 - $22.51 = $67.49/tonne x 12,500 tonnes/day x 365 days/year x 6/7 days/week = $264 million/year.

Again. I own shares. Mines Management has not paid me to write about the company.

http://silverstockreport.com/2014/mm.html

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Time for someone to have a ASE monster box sale? ;):rolleyes:

R.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

I'm Hoping you start another To The Moon thread. Still waiting for $7 silver. Yippee.:bear_laugh:

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Anybody see today's current total for February? 1.44 million sold as of today. If this keeps up this could be a record setting month of February and possibly 4 million sold if this pace keeps up or accelerates.:cheerful:

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Anybody see today's current total for February? 1.44 million sold as of today. If this keeps up this could be a record setting month of February and possibly 4 million sold if this pace keeps up or accelerates.:cheerful:

If APMEX keeps doing the eBay special with free shipping and silver eagles for $22.xx they just might.

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score

Some_Math_Guy

Banned
Reaction score
The moonies feed off of each other & absolutely refuse to even consider an opposing viewpoint. New people think,hey the sky is falling, & all of these people agree.. Let me buy ASAP

You guys know what you are doing... Don' even pretend that you aren't trying to create artificial demand..

Look at WhatsupDoc & his 587 ASE threads..Bruce 7

:nurse:Leave WhatsupDoc alone. He's had some bad luck in life & this is pretty much all he has left to hope for. :goodnight:

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Way back I bought a box of 20 1994 PCGS MS69s. Sequential serial numbers. I'm too embarrassed to mention what I paid. :cry_smile:

Have a tube of 96s that were never graded. They all sit in a far corner of the safe.

It's off topic but I had to revisit this. Am I the only one who finds this rather impressive?
A tube of 96's in merely decent shape plus a full box of 20 pcgs '94 ms69's just might fetch near $3000 today on ebay. "No Chit".

Gcubed

Banned
Reaction score
It's off topic but I had to revisit this. Am I the only one who finds this rather impressive?
A tube of 96's in merely decent shape plus a full box of 20 pcgs '94 ms69's just might fetch near $3000 today on ebay. "No Chit".

I'd lose money.

Gcubed

Banned
Reaction score
Wow.
Well one thing's certain: The way things are going, the collectors will come to your rescue way before the stackers will.

I'm not worried. My stacking paid for the collecting mistake. No rescue needed. ;)

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I guess there is no demand for ASEs, part of the reason the mint needs an allocation program. :vollkommenauf:

Market Continues To Purchase “All” Allocated Silver Eagles From U.S. Mint
Filed in Precious Metals by SRSrocco on February 24, 2014 • 7 Comments

As sales of Gold Eagles remain subdued, the market continues to purchase every available Silver Eagle from the U.S. Mint. Since the beginning of the year, the U.S. Mint has sold its Silver Eagles on a weekly allocated basis.

This means its authorized dealers are limited to the amount of Silver Eagles they can purchase each week. Michael White, the Public Affairs person for the U.S. Mint, told me that in order for the Mint to build up inventory of Silver Eagles, it has to ration sales to its authorized dealers.

For the second week in February (10th – 14th), the U.S. Mint allocated 900,000 Silver Eagles. At the beginning of that week, total sales were 850,000. By Friday, the 14th, total sales reached 1,750,000.

Silver-Eagles-Update-22114.png

Here we can see that the authorized dealers bought every available Silver Eagle for the week.

The U.S. Mint just updated its sales figures today (Feb 24th), with an astonishing 744,500 Silver Eagles sold in one day:

Silver-Eagles-Update-22414.png

I noticed in the past several weeks, 80-90% of the total allocated weekly Silver Eagle amount was sold on the first day of the week. Just when I was getting ready to include my next chart in this article, I checked the U.S. Mint website to see if they updated their Gold Eagle sales.

I wanted to make sure that I had the most current Gold Eagle sales figures for my Silver/Gold Eagle ratio chart. When I updated the U.S. Mint’s Bullion figures, they sold an extra 81,000 Silver Eagles — within the hour.

Silver-Eagles-Update-22414-Second-Update.png

Including the second update, the U.S. Mint sold 825,000 Silver Eagles today. I emailed Mr. White to see what the weekly allocation of Silver Eagles will be this week. He replied stating the total allocation figure for the week to be 1,250,000. I will provide an update on Friday to see if the authorized dealers consumed the total amount.

Furthermore, the current 3,325,500 February Silver Eagle sales figure, is only 43,000 less than last year’s February total of 3,368,500.

I have to say, this is the largest amount of Silver Eagles sold in one day if we exclude the first day sales in the beginning of 2014.

SILVER EAGLE MARKET: Red Hot

Even though the huge amount of Eastern gold buying continues to steal the show, retail investors are purchasing more Silver Eagles to Gold Eagles than ever. If we take a look at the chart below, we can see a definite trend:

U.S.-Mint-Silver-Gold-Ratio.png

In 2010, the U.S. Mint sold 34.6 million Silver Eagles and 1.22 million Gold Eagles for a ratio of 28 to 1. Each year, the ratio has increased. Last year, the U.S. Mint sold a record 42.6 million Silver Eagles compared to 856,500 oz of Gold Eagles.

Thus, the Silver to Gold Eagle ratio increased to 50 to 1 in 2013. So far this year, the U.S. Mint sold 8.1 Silver Eagles and 116,000 oz of Gold Eagles. Investors are currently buying 70 Silver Eagles to every Gold Eagle.

It will be interesting to see how 2014 unfolds. As the Chinese continue to consume nearly 100% of the annual world gold mine supply, the paper precious metal trading exchanges will come under severe stress.

Supplies of physical gold and silver will become tighter as the global financial system weakens. In the future, as one metal suffers a shortage, I would bet my bottom silver dollar, investors will soak up supply of the other.

Time is running out for investors to protect their wealth in gold and silver.

http://srsroccoreport.com/market-co...se-all-allocated-silver-eagles-from-u-s-mint/

Banned
Reaction score
He replied stating the total allocation figure for the week to be 1,250,000.

I guess he typed the title & then decided to keep lying..Those 1.25 million haven't been (all) bought yet... It's a clear pattern though that ASE demand isn't as strong as your pimps want it to be...

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
Reaction score
He replied stating the total allocation figure for the week to be 1,250,000.

I guess he typed the title & then decided to keep lying..Those 1.25 million haven't been (all) bought yet... It's a clear pattern though that ASE demand isn't as strong as your pimps want it to be...

Yeah no demand. The US Mint just wanted an allocation program for fun. :rolleyes:

BTW,

I will provide an update on Friday to see if the authorized dealers consumed the total amount.

Let's see what the numbers show at the end of the week. It is only mid-day Tuesday after all.

I also guess you missed the "All" part of the title. Those little " " actually have a meaning and purpose behind them.