• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Gold and Silver Eagle sales way down YOY

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
He replied stating the total allocation figure for the week to be 1,250,000.

I guess he typed the title & then decided to keep lying..Those 1.25 million haven't been (all) bought yet... It's a clear pattern though that ASE demand isn't as strong as your pimps want it to be...
But there is no clear pattern of dimished ASE demand this year. To the best info available, the public failed to buy the mint's full 1st-day allocation on Jan. 9, and that's it. You seem to be trying to divine this year's demand based on first-day sales when they've never been predictive of annual demand in prior years. It aint gonna happen, especially not when under allocation. If the mint's weekly allocation going forward leans more toward this week's 1.25M instead of the well documented anemic 600-800K weekly allocation since around November 1, you'll probably see last year's record fall, but we won't know since Mr. White's estimate of 800k-1M weekly estimate hasn't been very accurate.

It's clear the demand isn't there because premiums are near all time LOWS.. Demand would buy up allocation as soon as it became available..

But don't let facts get in the way of another scare piece..

I personally think demand isn't there because people are tired of the same design..

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
It's clear the demand isn't there because premiums are near all time LOWS.. Demand would buy up allocation as soon as it became available..

I personally think demand isn't there because people are tired of the same design..
All time low premiums? By premiums do you mean the premiums the mint charges to its authorized purchasers or the premiums dealers are offering to the public?

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode

Just so that you get your full paycheck from your employer today for your posts, please educate us on why the US Mint still has an allocation program going on right now if there is no demand? I would expect with no demand, that they would just be backed up with product and no one to offload them onto. No need for allocation at that point.

Also, 3.325 million ASE for February so far isn't bad as we still have 3.5 days left. I would be shocked if we didn't beat February 2013 sales.

Just so that you get your full paycheck from your employer today for your posts, please educate us on why the US Mint still has an allocation program going on right now if there is no demand? I would expect with no demand, that they would just be backed up with product and no one to offload them onto. No need for allocation at that point.

Also, 3.325 million ASE for February so far isn't bad as we still have 3.5 days left. I would be shocked if we didn't beat February 2013 sales.

Because you don't run out and hire a bunch of new employees to satisfy a temporary demand. This holds true for blank makers & the mint.

The mint isn't gonna sell 5m coins in june-dec,so why ramp up the ability to do that?

Bullion Direct Nucleo ask is below $2 premium.. I've been the high bid for 2+ days now.. I picked off 300 SAE at 1.75 over this weekend...

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
Because you don't run out and hire a bunch of new employees to satisfy a temporary demand. This holds true for blank makers & the mint.

The mint isn't gonna sell 5m coins in june-dec,so why ramp up the ability to do that?
Wait, I thought there was no demand? So now there is demand? I'm confused. :vollkommenauf:

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
IIRC,the mint charges dealers 2.25 premium.. There's dealers selling for 2.69 & 2.79 over..
And 10 years ago the mint premium was 1.25 and dealer premiums were 1.50 and lower, tulving was 1.40. BTW, where can I get them today for 2.69/2.79 over from a reputable outfit.

Wait, I thought there was no demand? So now there is demand? I'm confused. :vollkommenauf:
There is a demand.. It's just not as big as previous years... The demand is because there is 2014 on the coin.... There is no shortage of eagles out there

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
There is a demand.. It's just not as big as previous years... The demand is because there is 2014 on the coin.... There is no shortage of eagles out there
Who has said there is a shortage of Eagles? Except for some of my LCS that don't have them in stock, we know online dealers have them. No one has claimed no ASE are available.

SRS has claimed the market has been meeting all of the supply from the US Mint. He has provided data to back that up. All I hear is you keep harping that there is no demand, then when you are called out that there is demand but not as much. Just make up your mind and give us some objective data from the US Mint. Thanks.

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
Re: Silver? I gots yer Silver!!

Now if that charts not an argument for loading the boat I don't know what is, a quardraple triangle reverse ascending candlestick with 3 triple peaks and a double reverse top.
ROFL. :cheerful:

My data is with a HUGE demand the ASE would be gone as soon as it was for sale...This isn't the case..As with previous years,there is a backlog of orders & high premiums...

ASE just isn't as desireable as it once was. Or people are getting smarter & not letting dealers make a big azz premium on them anymore..

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
My data is with a HUGE demand the ASE would be gone as soon as it was for sale...This isn't the case..As with previous years,there is a backlog of orders & high premiums...

ASE just isn't as desireable as it once was. Or people are getting smarter & not letting dealers make a big azz premium on them anymore..
That isn't data. That is a statement. Now go get data (chart, graph, table) and post it to support your premise. All you have been doing is making statements. Some data from the US Mint to back up your claims would be appreciated.

Do you really need to see a chart to see demand is down? Wow.. You are a fuktard of the highest order.. Here..I'll make it simple... $49 is a larger number than $22.. Get it....Make your own chart, troll...

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
How are they not reputable? Do they fail to deliver?

BFD on the spam....

You're gonna call BS on anything I post...FOAD.. You can't see the forest or the trees...
Then order from them then and let us know how it goes for you?

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
How are they not reputable? Do they fail to deliver?
I don't know as I haven't taken that risk. It is a DYODD and good luck.

Do you really need to see a chart to see demand is down? Wow.. You are a fuktard of the highest order.. Here..I'll make it simple... $49 is a larger number than $22.. Get it....Make your own chart, troll...
$49 and $22 are values associated with FRNs. Means nothing to me or demand for ASE. None. $49 and $22 is not a data set.

Again, provide us with data that demand is down. From what the US Mint has been showing, they are under allocation, all of that allocation is being bought up and this month's numbers so far are very close to February 2013 and could very well beat it. Only time will tell.

You don't need to get all upset and throw a hissy fit. I was just asking you to provide data to support your assertion so we could all learn. You haven't been willing to do so yet. Probably because there is no data to support your belief?

Also this reminds me of you.

Why Trolls Start Flame Wars: Swearing and Name-Calling Shut Down the Ability to Think and Focus

http://www.zerohedge.com/contribute...ring-and-name-calling-shut-down-ability-think

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Duh,they only needed 48k..

Ask yourself this..Do you see this as bullish for silver?
I have no idea if it's bullish for the metal. But I'm pretty sure 40M+ annual sales of common-date ASE's at a pace maintained for say another 10 or 12 years leads to total population of nearly a billion coins. The more cheap attractive coins in the series, the more collectors, hence more upward pressure on the harder to obtain coins in the series. That's the way it's played out thus far.

I have no idea if it's bullish for the metal. But I'm pretty sure 40M+ annual sales of common-date ASE's at a pace maintained for say another 10 or 12 years leads to total population of nearly a billion coins. The more cheap attractive coins in the series, the more collectors, hence more upward pressure on the harder to obtain coins in the series. That's the way it's played out thus far.
I think a design change (from a business standpoint) is needed.. It's clear that the mint doesn't care to crank out as many as it can.

silver and gold are in the middle of a secular generational bull market that recurs every 30-40 years just like clockwork when the man-made government-enforced monetary system starts to unravel, as it always does when you try to cheat gold. You can't cheat reality forever, and gold and silver revalue themselves periodically when a country debases it's currency to near worthlessness, as all countries on earth have been doing to a level unheard of in human history for 40 years. The greatest PM revaluation in human history is close at hand, which I expect to culminate in the silver price increasing by a factor of 10-15x from current levels, and gold by a factor of 5-8x from current levels, by around 2017-19. :bear_kiss:

If ever there was an opportunity, now is the time to rebalance out of wildly overvalued stocks and into wildly oversold and universally-hated gold and silver bullion. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that if you don't, you will most likely regret it for the rest of your life, as this obvious and mathematically inevitable PM bull market will only happen once during your investing lifetime. :bear_angry:

TPTB can manipulate and control any market temporarily, but physical bullion demand is what will be their eventual undoing. Once major investors no longer want SLV or GLD, PM pooled investments, unallocated PM's, PM certificates, and other 'promise only' versions of paper precious metals with little or no real metal to speak of...when they ONLY WANT THE REAL THING...that's when the real bull market begins and the true rarity and preciousness of gold and silver will become known to the world. If you start buying then, it will be too late to get yours in volume, though. :bear_laugh:

As they say at Miles Franklin, the PM Bull will likely end not with sky-high paper PM prices, but with the complete unavailability of real physical gold and silver at the retail level at anywhere near the quoted 'paper' spot price, if at all. That will happen rather suddenly, and if you don't have yours when this paradigm shift occurs, you'll be left out in the cold with your paper scrip and overvalued paper assets. :bear_blink:

I rather think that I'll be coming back in 5 years and sadly saying, 'Told you so'. I really don't look forward to the end of the benefits of unbacked paper currency, which allows the West to consume at levels some 30-50% higher than our production and exports justify, but it's mathematically inevitable. Once the era of unbacked paper currency is over, so is the age of prosperity in the West. I might make out ok financially, but most people I know will be much, much poorer, and for the rest of their lives. That's not something I look forward to, but it's inevitable, and you might as well position yourself to profit from it (or at least survive it). :bear_thumb:

Silver comes out of the ground at a 9:1 rate in relation to gold and that rate has been declining for decades for geological reasons (silver geologically occurs near the surface, whereas gold occurs in veins that can go much deeper - therefore silver has been much more easily mined than gold over the centuries, and is now depleting faster relative to gold). There are no more major stockpiles of silver remaining like there were for the past 50 years....there were over 10 billion ounces of silver aboveground in the 1940's, and the US alone had over 5 billion ounces themselves in the 1950's. As of the mid-2000's, the very last of all government stockpiles had been sold off, and less than 1 billion ounces are thought to remain globally. :bull1:

Silver has been in a supply deficit for over 40 years; meaning that more silver was consumed than was mined for every single year. This deficit was only possible because all of those billions of ounces were dishoarded and dumped into the market, all the while suppressing the silver price. Only 700 million ounces of silver are mined each year, and over 900 million ounces are consumed. :afraid:

Silver is consumed, ie. used and then thrown away; whereas gold, on the other hand, is hoarded (less than 10% of gold production is used in industry, the rest is made into jewelry, coins, or bars). So, the worldwide supply of aboveground gold stocks are increasing continually, while the aboveground stocks of silver are decreasing continually.

Will silver go to a 16:1 ratio with gold? Of course it will, it's a mathematical certainty. The only question is when...will it be within 5 years, or 15 years? Eventually, silver will have to go to a ratio of 9:1, or BELOW. :36_2_36:

silver and gold are in the middle of a secular generational bull market that recurs every 30-40 years
Seriously SMG? Based on how many 30-40 year cycles?

Do you believe even 5% of the stuff you spout?

Please please please tell us how many of these 30-40 year cycles you have based your information on.... It's not often that i really do laugh out loud but you actually made me do it when i read what you typed...

You try and try to look so factual & important on your posts & then post something so insane such as this it makes you look sillier than Glenn Beckkk

plata_oro

Seeker
Seeker
How timely. A new all-time record for February: 3.671 M.
You called it! Can 4 million be sold? My guess is probably not but this just goes to show demand is as strong as it's ever been:
ASE 2-25-2014.PNG

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
U.S. MINT UDPATE: Silver Eagles Nearly Sell Out In Two Days
Filed in News, Precious Metals by SRSrocco on February 25, 2014 • 2 Comments

The U.S. Mint updated its sales figures today… and it was another whopper. Yesterday, the U.S. Mint sold 825,500 Silver Eagles which was about two-thirds of the weekly allocation.

The U.S. Mint raised the total allocation to its authorized dealers this week to 1,250,000 compared to 750,000 last week. Today, the U.S. Mint sold another 346,000 Silver Eagles for a total of 1,171,500.

This means the U.S. Mint only has 78,500 Silver Eagles available for the remainder of the week.

The total Silver Eagle for February is now 3,671,500:

Not only has this been another excellent month (so far) for Silver Eagle sales, it is an all-time record for February:

FEB 2010 = 2,050,000

FEB 2011 = 3,240,000

FEB 2012 = 1,490,000

FEB 2013 = 3,368,500

FEB 2014 = 3,671,500

I would imagine the authorized dealers will purchase the remaining 78,500 Silver Eagles of this week’s allotment to bring to total for the month at 3,750,000.

Lastly, there is a great deal of LOUSY ANALYSIS in the markets. I just saw Goldman Sachs downgrade Pan American Silver to a “SELL”, because the top-notch institution believes the price of silver is “overvalued.”

If I were to make a comparison here on what is really INSANE in this market… we would have the following figures:

FED Monthly Treasury & MBS Purchases (FEB) = $65 billion

TOTAL VALUE U.S. Mint Silver Eagle Sales (FEB) = $90 million

FEB U.S Mint Sales = 1.3% of Total Fed FEB purchases

I still receive a great deal of email from people suggesting to me that silver is overvalued and is not a good investment. All I can say to these folks.. wait around a few years and get back with me.

Why?

Because… GOD HATH A SENSE OF HUMOR…

http://srsroccoreport.com/u-s-mint-...te-silver-eagles-nearly-sell-out-in-two-days/

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
Can 4 million be sold?

No, because the US Mint has allocated only 1,250,000 coins for this week. There are only 78,500 left in allocation for this week (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday). Unless the US Mint opens up more for the allocation (doubtful), we won't hit 4 million, best the US Mint could do is 3.75 million. All indications are that each and every Silver Eagle being minted is being bought up from the mint.