• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Gold and Silver Eagle sales way down YOY

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Another monthly record: August at 3.96M with many sales days remaining.
Yep. That makes three monthly records in a row.

The monthly record for every month has been made in the last three years with the exception of three. September's record was in 2011 and November's was in 2010. Strangely, December's record is still held by the very first December way back in 1986.

3inarow.jpg

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Yep. That makes three monthly records in a row.

The monthly record for every month has been made in the last three years with the exception of three. September's record was in 2011 and November's was in 2010. Strangely, December's record is still held by the very first December way back in 1986.

View attachment 76709
Silver American Eagles are flying!
The November record from 2010 fell today when the Mint updated the volume for November 2015.

SAE20151130.jpg

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
There's going to be some very unhappy people in the silver eagle cult when prices continue to go lower.

47,000,0000 ...oh Lordy.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
With allocation, sales to finish at 6.0M for January. February has five Mondays so it's virtually certain to set a record.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
2017 sales of American Silver Eagles are really low ....

2015 saw 4 monthly records set and there were two records set in 2016.
No records set in 2017 yet.

Sales for September 2017 were down over 80% from September 2016.

ASEsales.jpg

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I think you may be right.

I listened to a McAlvany Commentary video today and a comment that was said in it really stood out to me. It used to be that if you weren't in the stock market, you were in gold by default. Because cash (the US dollar) was back by gold.

How much has changed and how few people realize it. Robbed and don't even know it.

The FED Controlled Market: A Delicious And Dangerous Poison | McAlvany Commentary (46 min 34 sec):

Published on Oct 3, 2017
We talk about the FED Controlled Market: How the federal reserve can manipulate and shift the directions of the market. This type of control however can be very dangerous. The legendary investment biker Jim Rogers warns of an imminent stock decline and that investors should have gold coins for insurance. We also discuss how true value investors position themselves and then let the crowd come to them. Thanks for listening to this week's mcalvany weekly commentary if you enjoyed please subscribe.

the_shootist

Old (not THAT old), but dangerous, pasty white guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
2017 sales of American Silver Eagles are really low ....

2015 saw 4 monthly records set and there were two records set in 2016.
No records set in 2017 yet.

Sales for September 2017 were down over 80% from September 2016.

View attachment 94326
I don't buy them any more because I feel the premiums are too high. I switched to 90%. You can get that at spot or close if you due your due diligence and they're real money. Not much counterfeit 90% out there that can't be identified by a blind man.

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Seems to me from looking at the chart that the buyers relaxed and have had lower fear of TSHTF since Trump was elected instead of Cliton.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Seems to me from looking at the chart that the buyers relaxed and have had lower fear of TSHTF since Trump was elected instead of Cliton.
Good point. :2 thumbs up:

There was a ton of buying the previous two years just for that reason alone! Instability is good for precious metals

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
That's still a whole lot of eagles. Makes my Effigy pucks looks ultra rare in comparison.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
1611842471093.png

2020 silver eagle sales look like they'll roughly double up from 2019 and will be the best year since 2016(38.6m).

Shortstack

Bain of the Authoritarian Follower
Gold Chaser
This is the last year for the silver eagle, at least under the current design. In a small part, this may be contributing to the increased demand. I am sure it (the increased demand) has nothing to do with the state of the US dollar and the national debt...

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
This is the last year for the silver eagle, at least under the current design. In a small part, this may be contributing to the increased demand. I am sure it (the increased demand) has nothing to do with the state of the US dollar and the national debt...
No...of course not...

DebtClock.png

What could go wrong.

M1.png

plata_oro

Seeker
Seeker
I only bought 1 2021 so far. I want all designs. In the past I would back the truck up but I am holding out for the new design(s).

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I like to buy a roll every year for the children at Christmas generally with those PCGS or NCG graded rolls that look so pretty. Yada yada i know I am buying and paying for some plastic but they make a nicer gift and should the kids go to sell their someday there won't be the usual scammer saying they are low grade etc. This year however with the new design I guess they will have to get two rolls apiece...the mint found itself a marketing windfall from people like me.
LOL

vichris

Seeker
Seeker
I like to buy a roll every year for the children at Christmas generally with those PCGS or NCG graded rolls that look so pretty.
Now that's a damn good idea. I usually just give my grown kids cash. I really don't know why this didn't dawn on me before.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
well, at least for me, i had to keep all my paperwork...if only so, one day, i could break my own arm while patting myself on the back for doing a Job properly

and, i've got that paperwork inside another safe

:green tea:

i think it's an illness, but i can't prove it

vichris

Seeker
Seeker
Leave it to them in your will. They will get a step up to whatever market value is at that time. Might save them a boat load in taxes.
Leave it to them in your will. safe.

less paperwork that way.....
Well leaving it to them was the plan all along. The only hitch in this, is that my wife is quite a bit younger than I am. My preference is to give it to them shortly before I die. But we all know how that goes. I have already set up some of my kids with guns. I would prefer they get some use out of things while they are still able to, and I get to enjoy watching them. I've already got one of my sons stacking metals. But the other two I'd like to get them started by giving them some, as presents, with instructions to hold on to it.

Thanks for the input guys

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
idk, maybe one of the best features of being here:

we're all kinda doing things for similar reasons and most are kinda doing it all in a similar fashion

not identical, but, generally speaking, we know what to do...