• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Gold authorities looking to ways to get airlines to ban transporting gold in carry on luggage

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I thought it was a barbaric relic...

Gold authorities looking to ways to get airlines to ban transporting gold in carry on luggage
6:42 AM
With governments using both high taxation and import restrictions to try to dissuade people from moving out of their fiat currencies and into physical precious metals at the same that these same governments are embarking on devaluing their currencies through zero or negative interest rates, the natural reaction has been a rise in smuggling to try to bring metals like gold and silver into restricted markets.

And similar to how some ivory tower economists now want to ban physical cash using spurious reasons like money laundering and its use in illegal activities, a group of gold authorities now want airlines to ban the transportation of gold by gold holders in their carry-on luggage.​

Leaders of the global gold industry have called on airlines and aviation authorities to ban the transport of the precious metal as hand luggage to reduce the risk of smuggling, which is said to be costing billions of dollars a year in lost government revenue.

They want gold to be shipped only as hold cargo, which would allow for "proof of responsible sourcing" and lift what is regarded as a threat to miners’ employment and mining companies’ profits.

Delegates at the Africa Dubai Precious Metals Forum, held in Accra, Ghana, agreed on a "call to action" to airlines, air transport companies and the global air authorities to "ban the hand-held personal carriage of gold in favour of adopting a cargo-only policy".

The cabin transportation of gold is generally legal around the world, subject to airline weight restrictions and customs regulations. Gold bars and finished jewellery are often flown between manufacturing and retail centres, including Dubai. - Thenational.ae

http://www.thedailyeconomist.com/2016/09/gold-authorities-looking-to-ways-to-get.html

the_shootist

Old White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
WTF is a 'gold authority'?

Wellsburg

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

Evidently, government speak for new rules to limit our freedom to carry or ship gold on an airplane. I guess we should now feel bad that governments are "losing billions of dollars per year" in revenue because they are missing out on import and export taxes when normal people "smuggle" Krugerrands in their carry-on luggage.

This is proof that all the banks are bankrupt and all governments are desperate as hell to collect every cent they can steal from us. More rules, more taxes. Next will be more civil forfeiture. Then, cashless society. Then, gold and silver illegal to own. The Bible states that people will cast their gold into the streets at some point. Get ready.

the_shootist

Old White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Evidently, government speak for new rules to limit our freedom to carry or ship gold on an airplane. I guess we should now feel bad that governments are "losing billions of dollars per year" in revenue because they are missing out on import and export taxes when normal people "smuggle" Krugerrands in their carry-on luggage.

This is proof that all the banks are bankrupt and all governments are desperate as hell to collect every cent they can steal from us. More rules, more taxes. Next will be more civil forfeiture. Then, cashless society. Then, gold and silver illegal to own. The Bible states that people will cast their gold into the streets at some point. Get ready.
You can't breathe these days without getting taxed on it

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
"Next will be more civil forfeiture.."
Has that happened to travelers yet?
I know that they sometimes take cash...

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
How much farther can they push the public before getting bitten? :monster 4:

Last edited:

the_shootist

Old White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
How much farther can the push the public before getting bitten? :monster 4:
Ask the Russians how it worked out for them? Maybe ask the Germans in the 1930's? We haven't even begun to wake up Americans yet....only a relatively few of us actually get it

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Filled a prescription. Was 90 pills for $10. Now it's $17.50 for the same amount. I looked at the guy & asked why the 75% increase..... policy.
Funny I have one to. FU I'll find them cheaper & not have to deal with you. Hope you get laid off dumb azz.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Silver plate a few of these as wear ons instead of carry ons would perhaps help. I have bought a few as presents...beautiful.
(I have no economic interest in this other than to say they do make nice presen)

http://www.thaibahtgold.com/
From the link =

23k - Baht Gold Chains are 96.5% pure gold

2 Baht Gold Necklace - 30.32 Grams
US$ 1830, plus US$ $48.50 Shipping

==============

So, less than one ounce for almost twice the price of spot... Rather pick stuff up at a pawn shop...

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
One of the few uses for some crypto currency. Moving from one country to another? Sell your real money for crypto, then buy real money back immediately in your new home with your crypto.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Or another way to transport your stash is to offer to pay Mr T's airline ticket to vacation at your destination if he'll wear your bullion on the flight with you.

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Money belt.

R.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Silver plate a few of these as wear ons instead of carry ons would perhaps help. I have bought a few as presents...beautiful.
(I have no economic interest in this other than to say they do make nice presen)

http://www.thaibahtgold.com/
How do these prices equate to spot?

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Take the train!