• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Gold-Best Hedge

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
From the article:
The roadmap to $15,000 gold

"Talking on the 5 Minute Forecast, analyst Jim Rickards went over why his call for $15,000 gold by 2025 should be seen as a moderate one. The figure sounds lofty to investors who focus on gold’s short-term fluctuations, but Rickards says it’s actually belowthe implied non-deflationary price of gold (if a gold standard was to be implemented).

While Rickards acknowledges that central banks have spent some 60 years on doing away with the gold standard, he nonetheless sees reasons why at least a partial return might be desirable. Excessive money printing, competition from bitcoin, extreme levels of dollar debt and war or natural disasters are some of the things that could threaten the collapse of the monetary system unless faith in fiat currencies is re-established somehow.

These threats have already materialized on some level, and Rickards said that an aggravation could very well force central bankers to return to a gold standard. From there, the calculation is simple. According to official figures, the global M1 money supply amounts to $50 trillion, while the combined bullion reserves of all central banks total 35,000 tons of gold.

With just a 40% ratio of bullion to money supply, gold would already command a price of $17,775. Rickards considers this forecast moderate as the monetary supply continues to expand disproportionately to newly-available gold. He also advises investors to focus their attention on the long term for gold, especially its propensity to do well in both inflationary and deflationary scenarios."

So, for the sake of argument, let's say his hypothesis is correct and a return to a partially gold backed dollar is what is going to take place. I can't see any way, shape or form in which the bankers allow us unwashed masses to hold onto gold when they know the price is going to go to these levels.

The question becomes, is there going to be another confiscation? Just how would they go about it? How do they go about getting it out of our hands?

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
I always wanted a $100 haircut.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
An eight banger would be just fine with me

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
From the article:
Talking on the 5 Minute Forecast, analyst Jim Rickards went over why his call for $15,000 gold by 2025 should be seen as a moderate one.

4 years out is not a realistic forecast, as anything can happen in that amount of time, even $50,000 gold.
I started buying gold in 1975 at about $155/oz. by 1979/1980 it hit $800 & I bought it in Peru because I thought it was going even higher. Then I bought all thru the early to mid 90's at $278/$292 & was up & down for a longtime. Then it took a dive in the early 2000 & skyrocketed by 4X to 2011 making a swing drop by 45% then climbing to todays price.
If you look at the dollar value below, gold should by way higher than it is.

1625871858518.png

dollar value.png