• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Gold drops $50 tomorrow...

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
... if Powell stands firm and does not indicate there will be another cut in the near future.

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
USD might gain some value which will let US continue to buy it cheaper than most of the rest of the world

that's really not so bad

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Saw Bo Polny on Greg Hunter, last week, I think. He said to expect a $50 pullback in the price of gold in the next week or so. Then, he said it would be like a slingshot up from there. FWIW. Unbelievably, he also said to expect $120 silver by the end of the year and $5000 gold. I know, it sounds crazy and it might be. But, he sounded certain and he was right about the move up in late June and July and early August. So far, so good.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yeah and I called the finance department of that certain hospital to check on their bonds and its crickets. looks like I am trudging out to purchase some $50 gold pieces.

edited to add: silly me as I will just use them as fishing weights….

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
You know I just bought some, but I'm betting 50 up if he stands firm...

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Bo Polny is on the level of Jason Hommel/Bix Wier/Cliff High/Harry Dent in prognosticative track record.
He has called back in Feb 2019 for Bitcoin to hit 10k in June and on June 21 $10k. Today $10,140.

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Saw Bo Polny on Greg Hunter, last week, I think. He said to expect a $50 pullback in the price of gold in the next week or so. Then, he said it would be like a slingshot up from there. FWIW. Unbelievably, he also said to expect $120 silver by the end of the year and $5000 gold. I know, it sounds crazy and it might be. But, he sounded certain and he was right about the move up in late June and July and early August. So far, so good.
Unfortunately AU, AG, Cryptos will skyrocket because of what Bo is calling the Crash of the Century ( Stock Market) in late summer / early fall that leads to a loss of faith in most paper stuff. Sounds similar to Celente's coming Greatest Depression claim. If "they" want Trump out this would probably do it. But it is interesting that the doom and gloomers are starting to really beat the economic drum as well as the msm. For the prognosticators it more about making money by selling info. Remember Celente saying we would be lucky to get food for Christmas 2012, so who knows.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
If "they" want Trump out this would probably do it.
come on a little history would do you good bout now.remember there was zero intrest now there is sum. BUT the BIG thing to remember is when the economy is like stale old worn socks that, that putrid f stick always paraded around in and then a new kid hits town? Why the stock market dumps on the new kid AND by golie this has happened consistently to every pubic pres.

so the Trump will deal with it and, and in the off chance the eco-money-system don't go ker-plunk then fuck'n A!

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
There is a battle of the titans going on behind the scenes - bits of which are visible (Epstein).

Trump vs. the Deep State.

15 round heavyweight battle to the death...

Winner gets the Presidency in 2020...

15 months until the election...

Ding...ding...ding...

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Powell didn't indicate a rate drop, metals are up....Yippee.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
OOOOOOPs ! :secret:

1566574877610.png

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
If it goes up $50, then drops, throughout the day, $50, and ends nearly where it started, would that fit his projection?

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
If it goes up $50, then drops, throughout the day, $50, and ends nearly where it started, would that fit his projection?
NO !

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The Donald orders all US companies OUT of China. Markets react..
If so, there will be plenty, to their own demise, who will stay, just to spite his orders

it's strange how so many companies recently declared their stock holders are no longer their number one interest, stock values be damned

Employees are their number 1 concern

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/19/the...-value-is-no-longer-their-main-objective.html

• The Business Roundtable, a group of chief executive officers of nearly 200 major U.S. corporations, issues a statement with a new definition of the “purpose of a corporation.”
  • The reimagined idea of a corporation drops the age-old notion that they function first and foremost to serve their shareholders and maximize profits.
  • Investing in employees, delivering value to customers, dealing ethically with suppliers and supporting outside communities are now at the forefront of American business goals.

anyone want to wonder what this does to the 'age old' understanding of Capitalism?

There will always be the ones who will choose to antagonize, to 'fly into headwinds', always expecting some different result other than those results which have been proven...
Some will even create a scenario based upon proven historic failure and, like from the past, they force that ideology onto the shoulders of an unsuspecting populace, to the point where there is no hope left, sacrifices are so severe and so demanding, there is no time left, no energy left at the end of the day, to maintain any type of social society and soon, that type society will be no more

A decrease in life and lifestyle will happen, any divide will increase and all volume of economic activity will decrease

Jobs? Where did they go? LOL, they literally can't come back unless an uber-wealthy can circumvent all the local laws and regulations to build another one...but until that happens, people are already out of liquidity...if I'm to believe what I'm told and I question all of that...I just have to open up my curtains and look out the window to prove that idea...the homeless wandering the streets, crapping everywhere...LOL o.k., put them back to work, I dare anyone to do that in a lifetime without taxing the rest of anything left into this program

And just wait, we'll be inundated with messages that it's ALL OUR FAULT because we don't spend enough, we don't have enough debt...

yet we won't have any ability to spend more nor payback any new debt because they've effectively taken it all from US...

Let the Beatings Continue
:lashing:

my 2¢

oh yeah, gold and silver are over due for a price rise
especially silver, the gutter metal, yeah baby

:dog:

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
If so, there will be plenty, to their own demise, who will stay, just to spite his orders
This does seem like a gamble on his point. If his "order fails to cause people to respond by pulling out of China then Xi is going to mock Trump for lacking any authority or respect in his nation.

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
This does seem like a gamble on his point. If his "order fails to cause people to respond by pulling out of China then Xi is going to mock Trump for lacking any authority or respect in his nation.
Perhaps our Presidents reaction to the Denmark comment, was a shot across the bow, a precursor to anything that might be expected, as a reaction to anything, from China

Reaction in the markets has been crazy but, think of it this way, it's truly a sign how embedded US corporations are with China

That's just not right when one considers all the counterfeit stuff being produced and shipped around the globe daily from Chinese merchants

Authenticity is being destroyed, Patents are ignored, money and that means power has flowed into China for years, they joined the SDR under questionable circumstances...China can be, but currently is not to be, trusted

I see it as the choice is theirs...we're already in a bad way here on this side of the planet, their side has got to be a lot worse and getting worse by the day...billions and billions of hungry mouths to feed, HK, etc...

I'd bail out of China if I were there with some type of assurances from the Chinese Gov that I could come back once it all settles out...but asking for that permission could get risky as China has lots of jail cells where people disappear for no apparent reason at all

Mocking the US doesn't work, not anymore

Raise tariffs to 100% and it will be done. I remember when Mexico had 100% tariffs on American imports (cars, appliances, etc.), the only things American were used goods.
I don't see this as a goal that would work out well for anyone and because of that, I doubt Trump would do this...
He's a negotiator, not a destroyer...The world needs China, it would serve no purpose to give them a REAL reason hate US

China will come around but it's They who will have to capitulate imho and that won't happen if you force them to gather together...what's the word i'm looking for?
Reformation, they need to have a Chinese Reformation, spend some time, at home cleaning up their own house...etc

anyway...time to go and get something else done other than exercise my fingers

like all the rest
my 2¢

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
...China will come around but it's They who will have to capitulate imho and that won't happen if you force them to gather together...what's the word i'm looking for?
Reformation, they need to have a Chinese Reformation, spend some time, at home cleaning up their own house...etc

anyway...time to go and get something else done other than exercise my fingers

like all the rest
my 2¢

I agree with you on the reformation but I disagree the Communists will do that voluntarily. The only way reformation will happen is when the people of China fully see how much money was siphoned off by their leaders to fund their overseas villas and vacations at their expense and exploitation. Hong Kong is an early symptom. If this is going on in Hong Kong you can bet it is going on in other cities. Maybe not for the same reasons but none the less it is going on.

Trump wins by making China less desirable to trade with thus US industry is forced to deploy elsewhere or come home. He's basically said, come home or the same issues can arise in the other countries you hang your hat. Trump is also winning by making his adversary feel lots of pain and having to devote resources where they did not plan to do so. (Paging Sun Tzu!)

The old mantra of the customer is always right still holds. The US can buy from another third world provider of trinkets or bring manufacturing home. China can't find another buyer like the US. They are trying by building infrastructure in Africa but are finding out that the Africans are a lost cause due to their tribalism, clannish squabbles and other social issues.

Strawboss

Site Mgr
Site Supporter
OP was off by $75 at 2:03 pm today.
In fairness to the OP - I dont think many people could have predicted how today would turn out...

When I woke up today - the big event was gonna be Powell's speech - which was a dud...but China announcing tariffs at the same time was deliberate. Trumps response was gutteral. He knows China did it deliberately...and now as I type this - China is devaluing their currency in lockstep with the USD decline...

This trade war is about to get HOT...

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Yeah and I called the finance department of that certain hospital to check on their bonds and its crickets. looks like I am trudging out to purchase some $50 gold pieces.

edited to add: silly me as I will just use them as fishing weights….

Waytago!! We're proud of ya !!

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I agree with you on the reformation but I disagree the Communists will do that voluntarily. The only way reformation will happen is when the people of China fully see how much money was siphoned off by their leaders to fund their overseas villas and vacations at their expense and exploitation. Hong Kong is an early symptom. If this is going on in Hong Kong you can bet it is going on in other cities. Maybe not for the same reasons but none the less it is going on.

Trump wins by making China less desirable to trade with thus US industry is forced to deploy elsewhere or come home. He's basically said, come home or the same issues can arise in the other countries you hang your hat. Trump is also winning by making his adversary feel lots of pain and having to devote resources where they did not plan to do so. (Paging Sun Tzu!)

The old mantra of the customer is always right still holds. The US can buy from another third world provider of trinkets or bring manufacturing home. China can't find another buyer like the US. They are trying by building infrastructure in Africa but are finding out that the Africans are a lost cause due to their tribalism, clannish squabbles and other social issues.
In fairness to the OP - I dont think many people could have predicted how today would turn out...

When I woke up today - the big event was gonna be Powell's speech - which was a dud...but China announcing tariffs at the same time was deliberate. Trumps response was gutteral. He knows China did it deliberately...and now as I type this - China is devaluing their currency in lockstep with the USD decline...

This trade war is about to get HOT...
Good Points, and it reminds me, the answers are all over the place, the solutions are a-plenty and it took this place to get past all those other losers to get to a man who'd rather Fight than Transform...it does feel better to be on the stronger side for a change :)

the Chinese know this and will eventually choose this path as it's the only real solution, bargaining as opposed to threats and / or sheer force

There goes Christmas.
Naw, and i'm kinda mixed on this; but, christmas will never go away
I can do without the pomp and circumstance but along with that comes the 'spirit' and in this instance, i ain't talking booze, and I'll kindly accept the pomp and circumstance, no matter how flawed it's inceptance was, it does add to binding US together, in fact, the World's People feel it and that can't be taken away...it can be abused but not taken away

There should be enough trinkets to go around

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
SoG you know we've heard, read and seen these kinds of talking heads before. AKA Same shit different day.
The only thing I like so far is the climb on the Wall of Worry for both Gold and Silver. Actually Cu and Ni too. I have not checked all commodities in awhile but I'd say they are up too.
Not due to strength in their markets but the weakness in ALL major currencies. JMO

For physical holders it is having the same effect prices UP.

Strawboss

Site Mgr
Site Supporter
The good news is that the average American has their garage, basement and a storage unit all crammed full of stuff they no longer use. Most of the stuff is still serviceable...

So - in a full blown trade war - where prices in the stores become too much...expect to see yard sales, garage sales explode in volume...

Resale shops will be the new Walmart...

Truth be told - it might end up being the best thing that ever happened to this country...

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
SoG you know we've heard, read and seen these kinds of talking heads before. AKA Same shit different day.
The only thing I like so far is the climb on the Wall of Worry for both Gold and Silver. Actually Cu and Ni too. I have not checked all commodities in awhile but I'd say they are up too.
Not due to strength in their markets but the weakness in ALL major currencies. JMO

For physical holders it is having the same effect prices UP.
Oh, no doubt, GB. The thing is, and this is just another FWIW thing, when I heard Polny on GH, back in June, I had a gut feeling he was right. It turned out he was. Then, when I heard him again last week, that same gut feeling returned. Now, some smart Alec folks just might say, SOG, you’ve got a lot of guts, pointing at my shrinking beer belly, but I’ve learned to trust that gut feeling. It is so often right. So, we’ll see this time, won’t we. There’s more to that gut feeling than what I’ve said, but I’ll stop there.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++