• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

GOLD goes T.I.N.A.

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
T I N A

There is no alternative - basically other choice besides SILVER brother.... maybe Platinum if you like AN undervalued 3rd play....

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yi: TINA (There Is No Alternative)

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Maybe Platinum too IYWTCYB

If you want to cover your bases (old baseball term)

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
old copper cents, my fortune is in old copper cents...takes a warehouse to store 'em but just wait

:2 thumbs up:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Maybe Platinum too IYWTCYB

If you want to cover your bases (old baseball term)
I'm only interested in basic money metal. Platinum is expensive but I don't remember where it was ever used as money down through history (but I could be wrong about that). If it was I would have expected it to rise along with gold and silver.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Doesn’t palladium get no love? I guess that’s the hood’s precious metal? Via stolen catalytic converters?

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Doesn’t palladium get no love? I guess that’s the hood’s precious metal? Via stolen catalytic converters?
I thought CCs used platinum? I'll bet I could barter for something much easier with an ounce of gold than with an ounce of palladium. Most people have no idea what palladium is but everyone knows what gold is!

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
I thought CCs used platinum? I'll bet I could barter for something much easier with an ounce of gold than with an ounce of palladium. Most people have no idea what palladium is but everyone knows what gold is!
cats used to use Pt until it got too expensive. A buddy of mine who is deep into the car manufacturing business says some auto makers are switching back to Pt

rbh110

I'm only interested in basic money metal. Platinum is expensive but I don't remember where it was ever used as money down through history (but I could be wrong about that). If it was I would have expected it to rise along with gold and silver.
There has only been one series of circulating Platinum coins used as money. From 1828-1845 Russia issued 3, 6 and 12 Rouble Platinum coins. A bit over 1.3M were minted. So, except for this one brief period, Platinum has not been a monetary metal.

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Rarely was Platinum used as money. But it was. The thing with platinum is that right NOW is is SUPER
undervalued compared to Gold and Palladium.

Gold BTW is undervalued to fiat to perhaps $100,000.00 dollars an ounce.

Platinum is a third play (cheap now) cheaper last month, that can hold a huge value of any fiat currency.
And it is INHERENT wealth... no liability. DYODD easy see Wikipedia to start then go down the DUCKDUCKGO.COM listings...

if gold and silver are outlawed then like in the 1930s you have another option...

See page 199 Modern Commemorative Coins by Eric Jordan 2009....

About how the US Treasury HATES gold silver platinum... because of it's wealth

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
If fiat does crash as many predict any sort of precious metal will be used for coinage or backing of currency. I wouldn’t be surprised if some countries use a basket of PMs to back their notes and what those baskets are comprised of will drive their values against other currencies.