• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

GOLD IN FIFTH WAVE

silverblood

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
It depends on a variety of factors, like which product you select, the quantity you buy, and where you buy it.

Based on current APMEX prices, which are pretty typical for online purchases, approximate premiums on a few common items are as follows:

American Gold Eagle, 1 oz, random year, $60.
Kruggerand, 1 oz, random year, $41.
1 oz APMEX or Pamp Suisse gold bar, $38.
10 oz "name brand" gold bar, $26 per ounce.

Premiums drop when you buy 10 or 20 or more ounces at a time.

Premiums follow the spot price. They go up when the POG is higher, and drop when the POG drops. Today's premiums are a good bit lower than they were in 2011, for example.

I don't buy often at local coin shops, but I've found in general that the premiums are generally higher than what I pay for online purchases.

Why do you ask?

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
It depends on a variety of factors, like which product you select, the quantity you buy, and where you buy it.

Based on current APMEX prices, which are pretty typical for online purchases, approximate premiums on a few common items are as follows:

American Gold Eagle, 1 oz, random year, $60.
Kruggerand, 1 oz, random year, $41.
1 oz APMEX or Pamp Suisse gold bar, $38.
10 oz "name brand" gold bar, $26 per ounce.

Premiums drop when you buy 10 or 20 or more ounces at a time.

Premiums follow the spot price. They go up when the POG is higher, and drop when the POG drops. Today's premiums are a good bit lower than they were in 2011, for example.

I don't buy often at local coin shops, but I've found in general that the premiums are generally higher than what I pay for online purchases.

Why do you ask?
Thanks silverbloood and ahillock

This rate are on site of local refinery in Toronto. Bid and Ask price are quoted - 1382 - 1383 and sell price is CAD 1577.24, so was wondering about the premium rate. At current rate conversion come to 1535.

hello, it's been a while since i looked at gold. the monthly moving averages are still bearish. I've been bearish for so long I can't remember when that started, lol...
anyway, nothing new under the sun. when gold or HUI makes new lows, I might buy some or when they exceed their 20-month moving average and stay above it for enough months for the 10-month to cross over, I will take the bull side more seriously. So the time-frame for a bear to turn into a bull on a monthly time-frame is very long.. maybe at least a year. I don't care about buying into the lows, I'd rather buy when the monthly trend has changed and pay a little more for more immediate returns. maybe I'll be back next year, lol...

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1395934491.php
hello, it's been a while since i looked at gold. the monthly moving averages are still bearish. I've been bearish for so long I can't remember when that started, lol...
anyway, nothing new under the sun. when gold or HUI makes new lows, I might buy some or when they exceed their 20-month moving average and stay above it for enough months for the 10-month to cross over, I will take the bull side more seriously. So the time-frame for a bear to turn into a bull on a monthly time-frame is very long.. maybe at least a year. I don't care about buying into the lows, I'd rather buy when the monthly trend has changed and pay a little more for more immediate returns. maybe I'll be back next year, lol...

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1395934491.php

Gold has finally moved below the rising support line. The implications are bearish but not strongly bearish just yet, as the breakdown is not confirmed. If we see two more closes below this line or a close below $1,300 level, we will view the breakdown as confirmed.

At that time, we might open a speculative short position in gold and/or exit the long-term investment (currently keeping half of the regular position is justified in our opinion).

Gold is currently already below the levels we saw before the Crimea crisis even though the situation is not more stable than it was back then. This is a kind of underperformance of the yellow metal and a bearish sign. If Russian troops advance further into Ukraine, the price of gold might jump again. If that doesn’t happen, the decline is likely to continue.

Gold closed below the rising support/resistance line for the third consecutive trading day and the breakdown is now confirmed. Gold showed weakness and vulnerability by not rallying strongly when Russian troops moved into Crimea. The above was confirmed when gold declined more than in had rallied as tensions regarding Ukraine escalated. It seems that another significant move lower is coming (yes, we still think that gold will more than surpass its 2011 high in the coming years, but not without declining again first).

So what happens to gold's personality, which has not bulged below, production rate so far.

hey d-lod, I'm bullish gold now. yes, gold and miners retreated from monthly resistance but the weekly chart looks very good for a lot of miners.
I also think a lot of miners should have found long-term support by end of last year. yes I'm jumping the gun here because the monthly picture is not yet bullish but it has the potential to become so if the weekly charts play nice and don't fall out of bed.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
d-lod, what's your current Elliot wave count? Haven't heard your opinion in a while.

d-lod, what's your current Elliot wave count? Haven't heard your opinion in a while.
Not d-lod, of course, but you may want to check this out, Jelly; Lara's my favorite Hotty Kiwi Elliot Wave Chartist Nerd (the ONLY HKEWCN that I know of ) and she's pretty good - her site is subscription but she occasionally posts free analysis:

Last edited by a moderator:

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Not d-lod, of course, but you may want to check this out, Jelly; Lara's my favorite Hotty Kiwi Elliot Wave Chartist Nerd (the ONLY HKEWCN that I know of ) and she's pretty good - her site is subscription but she occasionally posts free analysis:

This should be interesting to watch it play out. She thinks we are still consolidating before a final low, a drop of about $398.
I would argue against that, with the mining shares being the key.

Last edited by a moderator:

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
Acquirer of gold doesn't have filled their booty.

sorry, you asked in plain English. It suggest that lowering the price to 1180ish twice they have not yet got enough physical gold to satisfy their need.

LONG WAITING........................WAIT AND WATCH

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1413572571.php

Going forward there are a few things we will be watching. Assuming Gold breaks back below $1200 and eventually below $1100, will it be able to hold these recent lows against the other asset classes? If yes then that will show that though Gold is declining it is maintaining the kind of relative strength that was in place at previous major bottoms. Secondly, the Gold vs. S&P 500 ratio is very important. US equities and precious metals have been on a divergent course since the summer of 2011. If we get a weekly close in the ratio above 0.75 then it would signal a major turning point in favor of Gold.

In the meantime we would advise continued caution. Gold and Silver have bounced but only from an extreme oversold condition. Though Gold has rallied $50/oz the miners have done nothing. The large caps (GDX, HUI) are trading dangerously close to recent lows while the juniors (GDXJ) have tread water at best. They are hinting that this rally won’t last. Please stand aside for the time being. I see a potential lifetime buying opportunity emerging in the months ahead.

Keep your finger crossed

The first wave of American coffee culture was probably the 19th-century surge that put Folgers on every table, and the second was the proliferation, starting in the 1960s at Peet’s and moving smartly through the Starbucks grande decaf latte.

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1414764540.php

We’ve been warning for several weeks of the near-term downside potential in PRECIOUS METALS. It is being realized but that does not mean its over. The miners plunged to new lows in recent days yet they are likely to move lower before a major turn. Our work above suggests a minimum of 9% downside potential and as much as 20%. Meanwhile, Gold could fall another 15% to strong support at $1000. Opportunities are coming but they are not here yet. We want to see Gold and gold stocks decline further so that they become extremely oversold as they reach major support levels. That is the combination that could produce a lifetime buying opportunity in the weeks or months ahead

hey the monthly moving averages are still bearish and what's worse... the quarterly moving averages are now bearish...
but somehow I think... 1100 is going to provide a LOT of support... it all depends on what happens from now until end of next year or beyond.
It takes a long time to change a monthly and quarterly trend...

krugger3

Seeker
Seeker
hey the monthly moving averages are still bearish and what's worse... the quarterly moving averages are now bearish...
but somehow I think... 1100 is going to provide a LOT of support... it all depends on what happens from now until end of next year or beyond.
It takes a long time to change a monthly and quarterly trend...
Not to mention multi year trends.

well, you know what... I'm seeing a bottoming pattern here just like what happened in 1999... yes the long-term trends are still down, BUT gold has done enough bad stuff here to kind of convince me that it might be time to do something good... An indicator I created for myself looks a LOT like what happened when gold bottomed in 1999. Many other indicators also look very similar. I think it's very possible we might have just seen a very long-term bottom and the start of the reversal of the long-term trend. Let's see what happens over the next year and half to see if that is what gold has in mind...

Now I am itching to buy physical at the same price I bought them 5 years ago, lol...

pimples

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
These things take a long time to play out. The metals need a catalyst to reach their true value. Like a Trump presidency and a write off (bankruptcy ) of the govts debt. Last I saw the natural value of gold is $7966 per oz and silver is $844 per ounce (source : us debt clock). Could be put off 4 more years if Clinton keeps status quo.

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Great to see you d-lod. Tell me what you think...
QWAK,The world is changing and we are all cought up in that great change:thumbs up 2::thumbs up 2:

the DUCK :winks2:

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
These things take a long time to play out. The metals need a catalyst to reach their true value. Like a Trump presidency and a write off (bankruptcy ) of the govts debt. Last I saw the natural value of gold is $7966 per oz and silver is $844 per ounce (source : us debt clock). Could be put off 4 more years if Clinton keeps status quo.
America is victim of brain drain.....................brainiest are interested in creating their own empire........... the likes of buffet, billgate, steve and many more. Only one sheep left the herd (a misfit) the great TRUMP (to slaughter USD). the manipulation by likes of these just help in rigging gold and USD.

Last edited:

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
elliot wave on gold in this thread:

The two hundred years of gold history summarised:

View attachment 134246

The above chart of 200 years suggest we haven't even started grand super cycle......................

Gold was flat at 20$ from 1800 to 1930 except for for 1865 ( The Long Depression was a worldwide price and economic recession, beginning in 1873 and running either through the spring of 1879, ) and recession of 1930ish. It also prove that gold is currency of depression, whether it is deflationary or inflationary. Now again since year 1980, the prices are increasing.

If...............1860 is Cycle I
..................1980 is Cycle III
Than........2002 is Primary ((1)) of V
and..........2019 is Primary ((3)) of V

OR

If we take last 100 years than we are in Cycle III which is very powerful wave. The commodity sometimes have wave V as strongest.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

The above chart of 200 years suggest we haven't even started grand super cycle......................

Gold was flat at 20$ from 1800 to 1930 except for for 1865 ( The Long Depression was a worldwide price and economic recession, beginning in 1873 and running either through the spring of 1879, ) and recession of 1930ish. It also prove that gold is currency of depression, whether it is deflationary or inflationary. Now again since year 1980, the prices are increasing.

If...............1860 is Cycle I
..................1980 is Cycle III
Than........2002 is Primary ((1)) of V
and..........2019 is Primary ((3)) of V

OR

If we take last 100 years than we are in Cycle III which is very powerful wave. The commodity sometimes have wave V as strongest.
That is the thing about Elliot Waves that I find a bit frustrating. It is often unclear where we are at any particular moment. It is only hindsight that provides clarification. Still, it is an elegant theory and I appreciate you laying it out in front of us.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
That is the thing about Elliot Waves that I find a bit frustrating. It is often unclear where we are at any particular moment. It is only hindsight that provides clarification. Still, it is an elegant theory and I appreciate you laying it out in front of us.
I didn't read the whole thread, so you probably already know this but I think they call this middle period the wall of worry. Typically it's as long or longer than the first run up which is called the smart money or stealth period.

I believe most here believe, as I do, that we are in this middle period now. Jan 2016 the wall of worry took off and has been a bit sluggish, but that's how they often start out.

The mania phase is what everyone or many here are waiting for. This is the 3rd wave in the 3-wave bull cycle or wave 5 of the Elliot. My belief is we have a long way to go still until we hit the mania phase. The pull back following the wall of worry completion is often one of the short periods, so most don't sell at the top of wave 3 and wait it out down wave 4, so they can be all in for the mania phase. The mania phase is typically shorter in time than wave 1 and 3, so being nimble is important. We may have only a few months long window to sell into as we reach those highs. Who knows, this could easily be in the middle, near the end of, or even after the next decade.

Selling everything, even if you catch those highs can also be dangerous when it comes to PMs because the following bear may not even materialize and something else happens, this is because gold is money, PMs are money and what one thinks was the end of the mania can turn out to be just more of the wall of worry phase.

It might sound like a daunting task to build a retirement using PMs but this can easily change and quickly. If PMs begin to reflect true money, the "average over time" price should become nicely elevated at some point and many will become rich, maybe when they need to sell they won't become rich beyond their wildest dreams, but still quite rich by other investment comparisons.

Last edited:

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
savvydon

the EW theory is a bit odd, but quite precise, and if you remember, we had make very accurate prediction on this thread, based on it. even when ALF FIELD, was considering that correction is over at 1525, I had posted, that i differ, and correction is not over. Even in this era of internet and manipulation, ew did guide us to quite accuracy. only the irregular correction of gold was uncharted arena for me, and hence i had withdrawn from prediction.

With all members of GIM2, I want to ride the upcoming wave.

https://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/wave-5-of-one-silver.23990/

Last edited:

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
With digital can't they continue to control easier and easier? They have no use for cash other than hookers, blow & bribes.
With contracts can't they continue to control physical?
With cloud computing can't they control most everything?

FRN cash is so last century.
FRN cash is used less and less. No more paychecks, everything direct deposit, spending with debt cards.
FRN are hard to trace and control.

Have they not broken metals down to nothing more than a commodity used in jewelry and manufacturing?

While we read about who holds how many tons of metals & contracts......... what if it's all fake info?
Who audits US holdings?
Who audits Russia holdings?
Who audits China holdings?
Who audits any country's holdings that can be trusted? Baghdad Bob?
How do we know any of this reported buying XX tons is even true? If it is where is it coming from? Is it staged like domino derivatives?

Do you really think they can't track the blockchain of crypto's?

Sorry in a bad mood this morning.......