• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Gold price recovers over $20 and silver up nearly 3% after overnight plunge

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Gold price recovers over $20 and silver up nearly 3% after overnight plunge

8:23 AM

Gold prices were slammed down during early to mid-morning trading in Asia on Aug. 9 due to growing currency chaos resulting from the unrest over North Korea's potential for a viable nuclear ICBM. However, this decline in price not only recovered over the next 12 hours, but it in fact rose over $20 to settle around $1272 by the start of morning trading in New York.

In the meantime silver was not affected by gold's volatility overnight and has seen a steady climb up of nearly 3% to just under $17 per ounce.

As geo-political events continue to simmer in regards to North Korea, a potential trade war with China, and ongoing economic warfare against Russia, gold and silver should continue to move higher, and could soon break key resistance levels of $1300 for gold, and $17.50 for the white metal.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Silver is truly a gift at this price
Silver at three dollars and change was the real gift back 15 years ago. I constantly kick myself for not buying more of it. I remember seeing silver rounds out on garage sale tables, out in the open, and griping that $4 and $5 was a rip off.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
In 20 years whoever among us is still alive, we will talk about how Bitcoin was $3000 and gold was < $1300 and how stupid were so many people.