• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Gold, Silver, Other Metals: Recent Demand / Performance

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
silver was up 20 cents and the fuking scum suckers tanked it in the red

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Or, there is a committee, somewhere, to set the price of gold, at what they want it to be, and they have
massive resources to do so...

Ira Epstein's Metals Video 2 22 2019
Ira Epstein

Published on Feb 22, 2019
Ira Epstein reviews the days trading in the metal markets.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I made a purchase yesterday and, of course, metals are in free fall mode this morning. You guys can thank me later!

Malus

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
I made a purchase yesterday and, of course, metals are in free fall mode this morning. You guys can thank me later!
I'll thank you now. Going shopping.....

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Bus
Site Supporter
Gold down $20 today, what the hell happened ???

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Gold down $20 today, what the hell happened ???
the_shootist bought the other day. Didn't you read the post #349 ?
He took the bullet for us to shop today.

t_s. Don't sweat the small stuff. I can tell you when one has to look at Death's Door. A little swing in prices is THE SMALL STUFF.
and remember
"The Bull climbs a Wall of Worry" - Equity Market saying

ANOTHER INVESTOR Saying: (paraphrased) "If you like the market when you bought then you ought to love the market when you can buy more CHEAPER".

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I started out (messageboards) on KITCO until I found out Canadians DO NOT have FREE SPEECH and I was getting placed in the Penalty Box over shit that would not get a second look on here or other US message boards. I've been hear now far longer than I ever was on CRAPCO's "massage" board.
This video is from KITCO but I thought it may ease a few GIM member INVESTORS minds:
For your Condseration, Entertainment or Edification ( Yep, it is a little old. But can be a fine wine):

I found this article today. Note that this writer implies that auto companies switching from palladium back to platinum is not so easy. Platinum is not as efficient, and improved Pt catalyst may be years away.
http://www.mining.com/russia-ban-fiat-chrysler-drive-palladium-price-new-record-high/
"Platinum, which at $836 an ounce is trading at a record discount to gold and palladium, is used mainly in catalysts for diesel-powered vehicles. Platinum is a viable candidate as a substitute for palladium, but a platinum autocatalyst with the same efficiency is likely years away. "