• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

GIM Funding Drive. next weekend only Feb 4, 5,6

Fri thru Sunday only

Goldbay: Buy Practice Gold Panning paydirt without getting ripped off

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I am committing myself to buy 1 of those 15 pound jugs with my stimuli fiat

ahoy Brother Irons , where be a good place to buy those glass containers and other miscellaneous gold panning supplies?
Here is a good little kit right here! I have bought from outdoorsupplyinc on ebay and they are great, no worries.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Black-G...214147?hash=item2cfcd27d83:g:T6gAAOSw6Ppd1veE

Here is a really good kit from GPAA. I bought this one a while back and the 11 inch Gold catcher pan is awesome. The little bag of paydirt has good Gold in it too!

https://gpaastore.com/collections/most-viewed/products/6-piece-gold-panning-kit

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can you pan for platinum or palldium?

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Because panning fishing sinkers will yield you more scrap value?
I just ordered the $27.95 bag from these guys, they get really good reviews and have free shipping.
We'll see how much Gold I get!

https://paystreakprospecting.com/
So how much did you spend to get your ounce? What sizes did you buy in? It does look like fun & I already have a gold pan from Alaska.

SilverThingEtc

Reaction score
Did you notice nobody pans for silver? Wonder why that is?
View attachment 195131

I'm sure at this very moment, someone is out there, going broke trying to pan for silver. There's always one.
They typically live in Florida.

I might throw in a 1/4 of gold soon. I'm preaching to the choir here, but there's something HIGHLY motivating in watching a stack slowly grow into a pile. Similar to the jars of change I used to dump and roll for silver.

One year, I simply forgot to roll and the pile grew impressive.

Now I simply watch the pile of change grow. That's the only purpose change serves now. Grow the pile higher.

Same with silver...You start with a stack and work your way up to a pile.
At some point you need a small box....But something magical happens when you place a pile of silver into a box.
It becomes a treasure chest.

And once you have a treasure chest, you have no real CHOICE but to fill it... Once you get locked into a serious silver collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Can you pan for platinum or palldium?
They do find natural platinum flakes in some California and British Columbia rivers. Nobody I know of makes platinum paydirt though.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
So how much did you spend to get your ounce? What sizes did you buy in? It does look like fun & I already have a gold pan from Alaska.
I usually get a 1 gram bag and add 3 grams to it. You are going to pay for shipping so I figure I might as well get a healthy bag. Just getting a 2 gram bag is plenty fun though. I am constantly amazed how little Gold it takes to make up a gram.

1 oz Gold 15 pound jug from Goldbay

https://www.goldbay.com/paydirt-shop/1-ounce-of-gold-31-1-grams-monster-gold-paydirt-jug-15-pounds/

Last edited:

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
So how much did you spend to get your ounce? What sizes did you buy in?

The bigger Gold nuggets/flakes you want the more it costs per gram. If you want fly poop size Gold it's as low as spot minus 3% a gram. That's right you get 103% ROI on that tiny Gold. Less than spot size you will get a hair over a gram, I have gotten 1.13 gram for spot. Chunky Gold costs a dollar or two more than spot per gram. In a nutshell you do pay a premium but it's small, and you don't know until you pan it all out exactly how much you get.

I have never gotten right on a gram from Goldbay it's always a little more, and that's where Goldbay's ROI smokes everybody else. I bought mostly chunky Gold at first because I was not very good at panning. Now I'm good enough I don't miss any fly poop Gold, so tonight I'm going to pan all the tailings I kept while I was learning and see what I missed!

All in all this is a hobby that's fun for me to do in the winter when there's nothing else to do. I really do enjoy it I find it very relaxing.
And unlike most other hobbies this one gives you something of real value to keep and stack.

Here is a purchase I made last night, I don't include shipping because I don't care about shipping costs. It would cost me more than ten bucks to drive to a city and look for a couple grams of Gold to buy and odds are after sitting in traffic and getting pissed off I would not find what I wanted anyway.

This is a Goldbay bundle containing 2 - 3 pound bags with a gram of Gold in each. 6 pounds of paydirt will keep me busy for hours.

:meditation:

zzgoldbay.jpg

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Now that you are getting better at it have you panned anything local from a stream or lake?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
6 pounds of paydirt will keep me busy for hours
Try doing it the way this guy does it. He'd get through that 6lbs in about 5 minutes.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Try doing it the way this guy does it. He'd get through that 6lbs in about 5 minutes.

I like Jeff Williams and Slim! And yeah, you're gonna get wet!

You can pan pretty fast out in the wild looking for Gold especially with a 15' Garrett Super Sluice pan. It's amazing how fast even tiny Gold sinks to the bottom riffles and stays there.

thumbsup.gif

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Jeff has come a long way.....doesn’t he own a mine now?

I think Slim is the driving force and keeps Jeff going!

if you want to find the shiny
get off your hiney!
come on!
let’s go!

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I just ordered the $27.95 bag from these guys, they get really good reviews and have free shipping.
We'll see how much Gold I get!

https://paystreakprospecting.com/

Seeing I have no paydirt to pan this Sunday because of mailing delays I'll review this Paystreak Prospecting sample bag I got a few weeks ago.

This was fun paydirt and way different material than what I am used to from Goldbay. I had read Arizona paydirt has loads of magnetite and non magnetic black sand and that is sure true! A strong magnet would damn near stick to the bag. No problem I got a magnetite separator off ebay for cheap.

The paydirt was $27.95 for 2 pounds with free priority shipping. So take $10 off right off the bat for shipping and it cost $18.

I recovered $12.68 worth of Gold, so I got over 50% of my money back. And it was fun paydirt to pan, I will buy it again from these guys but I will get a bigger bag next time, probably 5 pounds or more.

PS1.jpg
PS2.jpg
PS3.jpg
PS4.jpg
PS5.jpg

Last edited:

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Irons did you repan the old dirt? You said you are better at it now. How much did you miss the first time?

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Irons did you repan the old dirt? You said you are better at it now. How much did you miss the first time?
I did, I got bored and panned my tailings last weekend. Bummer because I'm jonesing right now with nothing to pan after dinner.
I did recover $8.48 worth of Gold I missed the first time!

1z3t5jl_th.gif

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
we are ready to go , just waiting on the dirt
My combo bags of chunky and less than spot showed up today, 2 days late which is odd but it was USPS that dropped the ball.
At least both bags got here safe and sound!

Good for 2 more weekends of panning now!

23_28_100s.gif

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Got a package today from Chicken Alaska! Damn I was hoping it got here before the weekend, this is great! . .
asweet.gif

Read and saw on youtube really good things about Chickenminer's paydirt, and he's often sold out. He guarantees 1/2 gram in his 3 pound paydirt.

So I have a new panning experience lined up for Sunday. I'm really looking forward to this one!

cheekin!_2.jpg

cheekin!.JPG

Last edited:

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Guy has some cute videos. Big camper hunter and fisher. Panned for gold in Alaska. Starts at 15:30 and is only a few minutes long.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Panned out Chickenminer's paydirt and it was a different experience but still a lot of fun, I enjoyed it! First off it really dirtied the water big time. I had to pour off a lot of muddy water before I could see what I was doing. There was also a lot of non magnetic black sand. Really odd black sand too it was sparkly like graphite or stripper glitter. It might be galena? Not sure but it did make getting the Gold specks more of a challenge.

Ended up getting over a gram of Alaska Gold, and it took quite a while to pan out so it was nice. Went back to get more and he's totally sold out.
I will be getting more Alaska Gold when I can, I want to try to get some dredge concentrates next.

CH-3.JPG
CH-5.JPG
CH-6.JPG
CH-7.JPG

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Panned out Chickenminer's paydirt and it was a different experience but still a lot of fun, I enjoyed it! First off it really dirtied the water big time. I had to pour off a lot of muddy water before I could see what I was doing. There was also a lot of non magnetic black sand. Really odd black sand too it was sparkly like graphite or stripper glitter. It might be galena? Not sure but it did make getting the Gold specks more of a challenge.

Ended up getting over a gram of Alaska Gold, and it took quite a while to pan out so it was nice. Went back to get more and he's totally sold out.
I will be getting more Alaska Gold when I can, I want to try to get some dredge concentrates next.

View attachment 199427View attachment 199428View attachment 199429View attachment 199430
Mmmmm nice and chunky.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
That’s awesome Irons...I may give chicken miner a try

but gotta work through these bags first , it’s suppose to get cold and maybe snow Sunday Monday so maybe an indoor day of panning and sluicing with my Swedish gf..

if we was younger and ambitious , I bet we would get a million views if we panned out paydirt butt naked and put our videos on utube...hahahhahahaa

79EF80AA-D729-4A96-BB24-225961732A5C.jpeg

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
That’s awesome Irons...I may give chicken miner a try

but gotta work through these bags first , it’s suppose to get cold and maybe snow Sunday Monday so maybe an indoor day of panning and sluicing with my Swedish gf..

if we was younger and ambitious , I bet we would get a million views if we panned out paydirt butt naked and put our videos on utube...hahahhahahaa

View attachment 199432
I am going to pan a bag of Goldbay's chunky paydirt tonight!

:oriental:

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
How much does it cost to refine it into bars?

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
How much does it cost to refine it into bars?
Probably a lot unless you do it yourself. It doesn't take a lot of equipment to melt Gold.

:meditation:

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I feel about this thread.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Here is a very educational video from Dr. Hannah Straight. She's a legitimate doctor and speaks on a variety of topics gold prospecting is one of them. I have been thoroughly enriched by subscribing to her YouTube Channel.
My wife hates her.

"Thoroughly enriched"

Is that what its called now?