• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Goldbay: Buy Practice Gold Panning paydirt without getting ripped off

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
A couple guys are going out tomorrow, we will drive out to see how they are doing and relax in the desert.
I'm still nursing a knee issue so I won't be doing much, staying on somewhat even ground.
Barry built a recirculating sluice with a de-watering system that netted him 0.285 gram last trip in 3/4 of a yard of dirt.

Last edited:

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I would have waited for someone else to leave feedback.

There is a good chance the first buckets will be the best, to get some solid feedback so others will come and buy more. That works if they want to keep selling, and sell a lot of it over time. Or it could be a one shot 5 bucket sale and they'll decide it isn't worth it.
If it's truly unsearched trommel cons like he claims and has good Gold he can keep it the same but slowly jack the price up and people will still be happy.

We'll see. I'm not too worried about it I'm well ahead of the game average wise with Alaska dredge man cons. And if this guy's legit it will be great to have another source from the Chicken area. That Chickenminer guy is legit but he's always sold out.

:2 thumbs up:

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
A couple guys are going out tomorrow, we will drive out to see how they are doing and relax in the desert.
I'm still nursing a knee issue so I won't be doing much, staying on somewhat even ground.
Barry built a recirculating sluice with a de-watering system that netted him 0.285 gram last trip in 3/4 of a yard of dirt.
Yeah, I won't be doing any panning in the wild for a little while. But I wish you guys luck!

MI3.jpg

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Well, taking a chance on this one. New seller, no reviews of the paydirt but it's coming from an actual Gold camp in Chicken Alaska.
Forty pounds, yes I have the gear to run that no problem. This ought to be a fun one to review on this thread!

Will I get ripped off? We'll see I guess! . . . :mining:

Got a tracking number today so it's looking like game on so far! Looks like it's coming from a town near Anchorage. Not surprising considering how remote Chicken is.

So far so good!

• Jan 8, 2022
  • 12:45pm
  • USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM
  • CHUGIAK, AK 99567
  • Jan 8, 2022
  • 10:36am
  • SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
  • CHUGIAK, AK 99567
  • Jan 8, 2022
  • 11:36am
  • Tracking number provided

Last edited:

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Goldbay's chunky 5 gram bag is still on sale promo code XMAS21!

thanks for the heads up , ordered a bag

so yeah , working these fine flour gold takes patience , a lot of it

it’s tricky getting the flakes to separate from the trash but the flakes seem to pool up and I found I need to repeat the process of pooling several times to suck it all up

even after panning it all , I still need to clean it once or twice more to remove the tiny specks of sand and rock

it sure beats pouring and finishing concrete

I am separating the fine flour stuff from the chunky….I still need to clean the flour in the glass vile another time or two but it is adding up

9B7FFC94-76C5-4BDC-86F2-C50FD54CC864.jpeg

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
bummer , I missed the discount

hello Cracker
We would like to apologize for the misunderstanding.
We currently don't have active coupon code at the moment.
But we will send you email when we have coupons in the future.

Have a great weekend.

Dave

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Well, taking a chance on this one. New seller, no reviews of the paydirt but it's coming from an actual Gold camp in Chicken Alaska.
Forty pounds, yes I have the gear to run that no problem. This ought to be a fun one to review on this thread!

Will I get ripped off? We'll see I guess! . . . :mining:

Ha, it's not looking good folks! I got a soggy split open box from Alaska today, not a bucket, and there's 20 pounds of wet dirt in a trash bag in it not 40.
Not being my first rodeo with ebay rip off bitches I have every step photographed, so I probably have enough evidence for a refund already.

Now if this is full of Gold all is forgiven, but with two major deal breaking strikes already I ain't hopeful. I'm going to watch for other folks feedback this week and if the negatives roll in I'll file my refund claim before I even open the bag.

. :don't know:

savvydon

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Ha, it's not looking good folks! I got a soggy split open box from Alaska today, not a bucket, and there's 20 pounds of wet dirt in a trash bag in it not 40.
Not being my first rodeo with ebay rip off bitches I have every step photographed, so I probably have enough evidence for a refund already.

Now if this is full of Gold all is forgiven, but with two major deal breaking strikes already I ain't hopeful. I'm going to watch for other folks feedback this week and if the negatives roll in I'll file my refund claim before I even open the bag.

Smart.

Still, you don't know what is behind a door until you open it. Life is a crapshoot. Sometimes you just have to roll the dice...

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Smart.

Still, you don't know what is behind a door until you open it. Life is a crapshoot. Sometimes you just have to roll the dice...
Very true, I didn't know what I was getting into with Alaska dredge man paydirt and it turned out to be spectacular. Now I get it directly from Dean and we email back and forth and send each other pictures. They hit pockets of Gold up there that turn the mats in their dredge yellow with ounces of Gold, it's frickin' amazing!

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

First feedback came in and it's a rip off. I filed my ebay claim with pictures a few minutes ago so we'll see what happens.

First feedback on paydirt:

NO GOLD----you said there would be 3-7 grams of gold------nothing but a plastic trash bag full of wet dirt!!!!!!!!----a total lie and deception----do not bother sending the 2nd bag i bought if its going to be like the first.

And here is what I wrote:

Item was described by seller as a 40 pound bucket of gold bearing Alaska paydirt. What I received was a damaged, soggy 20 pound box with a leaking trash bag of wet dirt in it. I have not opened the trash bag, I set the entire mess with the package material in a bucket. I want a full refund. if the seller sends me a paid return shipping label I will be happy to send this mess back to him with the trash bag unopened and intact.

:give finger:

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score

Is it a shipper problem?
Did USPS damage the package and repack?
Maybe it's a supply chain problem and they couldn't get any buckets...
I know I tried 2 stores for cheap buckets and came up empty.

Last edited:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at your link and it said that the item is no longer available.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Is it a shipper problem?
Did USPS damage the package and repack?
Maybe it's a supply chain problem and they couldn't get any buckets...
I know I tried 2 stores for cheap buckets and came up empty.
Don't advertise you are selling 40 pound buckets and then mail 20 pound boxes. Here are good buckets for pretty cheap!
I have 3 of each color for the seasons here, the foam handles are nice when the thing is 3/4 full of dirt.

Last edited:

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I looked at your link and it said that the item is no longer available.
Yeah he sold all 5. You will soon see "seller is no longer a registered member of ebay"

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
If anybody wants to try some Alaska dredgeman paydirt he has 3 new listings on ebay.

This is very difficult to pan out but I highly recommend it!

I doubt it would phase RTE though, he's used to this type of material.

200w.webp

Reactions: rte

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

American Gold Prospectors Paydirt - Nome, Alaska​

Long video showing the entire process and how long it takes for an expert to get through it.
I like this, Klesh pretty much taught me how to pan @ home. The squirt bottle is a must have IMO!

CajunChild

25 minutes ago
I’m glad you did an extended version. For those of us who have never done it before (live in Louisiana), it is helpful to see exactly how long it takes to separate and pan each classification. It’s also helpful to see how hard you pan into the water and swing the material back. Now, with that being said, I wouldn’t want to see EVERY video made like this. But it was nice to see a difficult one. Maybe do one with an easier paydirt and a medium one?

Last edited:

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Got a 24 pound box from Alaska dredgeman Saturday and It looks like it's going to be a great one! The material is really dark and heavy I'm guessing there is going to be a lot of magnetics in it and a lot of fine Gold. Classifying to 1/8 mesh got me a 3.3 gram nugget, 2 little specimens and 6 smaller nuggets. I still have to pan all the + kitchen strainer and run the - through the sluice. Off to a great start!

RS1.jpg
RS2.jpg

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
First feedback came in and it's a rip off. I filed my ebay claim with pictures a few minutes ago so we'll see what happens.

First feedback on paydirt:

NO GOLD----you said there would be 3-7 grams of gold------nothing but a plastic trash bag full of wet dirt!!!!!!!!----a total lie and deception----do not bother sending the 2nd bag i bought if its going to be like the first.

And here is what I wrote:

Item was described by seller as a 40 pound bucket of gold bearing Alaska paydirt. What I received was a damaged, soggy 20 pound box with a leaking trash bag of wet dirt in it. I have not opened the trash bag, I set the entire mess with the package material in a bucket. I want a full refund. if the seller sends me a paid return shipping label I will be happy to send this mess back to him with the trash bag unopened and intact.

:give finger:
Got reply from ebay. This guy is getting his scam dirt box back and I get refunded.

Hi Irons,​
We have reviewed this case and decided in your favor. You should return the item to the seller for a refund. We're sorry you had a problem with your purchase.
You need to send the item back to the seller by Feb 02, 2022 to receive this refund. You can either print the label on eBay or use your own label. If you use your own label, you may not be reimbursed for return shipping. The seller's shipping address and shipping instructions are available on the case details page. Please don't forget to enter the tracking information there. We'll issue you a refund once tracking details confirm that the item has been delivered to the seller.​

VTEEZER

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
After looking around and comparing prices, I decided to go with the ADvignon kit. When I get it I'll post an honest review of the quality.
Okay I received the kit about 10 days ago but just now had a chance to unpack and inspect the contents. First of all the kit arrived on time....actually a few days earlier than expected. Quality-wise I can't see any issues with any of items. The 4 pans are black which I prefer to green and comparing to the pictures of the Garrett is has the same or very similar set of large grooves on one side but also has fine grooves on the opposite side which look like a +. I initially thought that maybe the plastic items might be thin and flimsy....not the case! In fact the scoop is very thick and unless used to pry on a rock I'm sure will out last me. The scale looks very similar to the one I have...small and portable. Function tests will have to wait until this summer unless I get the urge to buy some paydirt before. ;) So to sum up at this point I'm very pleased with the purchase.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Okay I received the kit about 10 days ago but just now had a chance to unpack and inspect the contents. First of all the kit arrived on time....actually a few days earlier than expected. Quality-wise I can't see any issues with any of items. The 4 pans are black which I prefer to green and comparing to the pictures of the Garrett is has the same or very similar set of large grooves on one side but also has fine grooves on the opposite side which look like a +. I initially thought that maybe the plastic items might be thin and flimsy....not the case! In fact the scoop is very thick and unless used to pry on a rock I'm sure will out last me. The scale looks very similar to the one I have...small and portable. Function tests will have to wait until this summer unless I get the urge to buy some paydirt before. ;) So to sum up at this point I'm very pleased with the purchase.
Great job it looks like an excellent kit.

Get some paydirt! It's best to be a damn good panner before you do it all for real. Make your mistakes over a tub
If I hadn't progressed from easy paydirt to difficult I would have gotten my ass kicked in the wild and wasted valuable prospecting time.

Good luck!

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Chicken miner has a paydirt auction ending soon on ebay. This is pretty hard stuff to get and always has good Gold.
I'm not in the bidding so have at it!

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Chicken miner has a paydirt auction ending soon on ebay. This is pretty hard stuff to get and always has good Gold.
I'm not in the bidding so have at it!
Thanks Irons, I did one better...I skipped the dirt and just went with the pay streak.
$53.46 a gram with shipping.
Screenshot_20220122-171535_eBay.jpg

Last edited:

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
You nailed it brother, that same bottle is $475 on his website.

Coins are overrated!

. . . . . . . View attachment 241677

Ok the chickenminer gold came in today.
1/4 ounce of gold dust is correct (it's small to say the least)
Came in a small stubby vile, not as pictured in the longer vile.
Resized_20220131_174517_246824932152943.jpeg

The gold is very coppery colored so I'm assuming NOT a very high grade.
When I have some time I'll get an accurate weight and refine it more to remove some black sand and white quartz rocks.
As it stands, I will NOT be buying any more gold from chickenminer.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
That's a bummer, I had great results with his paydirt. Only thing I didn't like about it was how dirty it made the water. I had to rinse it several times to be able to see what I was panning.

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Irons didn't report back before the 5pm end of show...had to wing it.
I had the goldbay guy whip up a 5 gram chunky bag.
He used 3 one gram sized bags and seeded some chunky bits into them, for more entertaining value @ a new customer special price of treefitty.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Irons didn't report back before the 5pm end of show...had to wing it.
I had the goldbay guy whip up a 5 gram chunky bag.
He used 3 one gram sized bags and seeded some chunky bits into them, for more entertaining value @ a new customer special price of treefitty.
Sorry I didn't see your post until now, I would love to meet Dave he's a great guy and a honest seller. I have 3 Goldbay bags in stock and I'll probably pan a 3 gram bag out tomorrow. One of my Goldbay favorites was the 1 gram of Gold in 1.2 pounds of dirt for less than spot. I would buy 6 or 8 of those at a time and pan a bag or 3 depending on how much time I had. Unfortunately he stopped offering them.

My Goldbay go to now is the 3 grams of less than spot in 3 pounds of dirt.

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't see your post until now, I would love to meet Dave he's a great guy and a honest seller. I have 3 Goldbay bags in stock and I'll probably pan a 3 gram bag out tomorrow. One of my Goldbay favorites was the 1 gram of Gold in 1.2 pounds of dirt for less than spot. I would buy 6 or 8 of those at a time and pan a bag or 3 depending on how much time I had. Unfortunately he stopped offering them.

My Goldbay go to now is the 3 grams of less than spot in 3 pounds of dirt.

Dave donated an interesting raffle prize.
20% off anything you bought from his booth at the show for the winning ticket holder up to $10,000.
So max $2000 off of $10,000 IF someone was so inclined.

He had a bunch of bags at the show that were $50, had 0.90 of a gram of gold per bag.

We just rolled in the door.... been a long day, could have skipped the 3 hours we killed at the casino and drove straight home from the show.

Last edited: