• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Goodie, the financial media says gold should fall because this crazy inflation is "transitory."

Usc96

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
These are the same folks who were preaching CPI at just north of 2% until CPI was announced at 5%. Remember how they acted shocked by the 5% figure, saying 4.7% was the expected number. Had anyone honestly heard of this alleged 4.7% expectation for CPI before last week?

Now they are saying gold should fall, and inflation is "transitory."

Transitory? Have they gone to the grocery store? Tried to buy lumber, a house, a car, gas, anything?

Anyone buying the nonsense they are selling?

Last edited:

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I don't buy anything the financial media is selling.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Of course no one believes the government. Well some do but after the cover BS I think Gov has lost even more credibility.
They are saying transitory just to keep people pacified so they don't revolt and demand they stop the spending.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
They must be right because gold is falling.

Usc96

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I just did a little research. Appears Fed Chair Jerome Powell started using the "transitory inflation" language around April, saying the Fed intended to "ALLOW" inflation to creep above the 2% mark they historically strive for. SO they want to inflate our purchasing power away at 2%, got it.

Anyway, CPI came in at 3%, and the" transitory" moniker started getting thrown around by Powell and his friends at the financial press who dutifully parroted the desired message. A month passes and CPI jumps to 5%, though Powell and Co. downplay by asserting that they expected 4.7. What happened to 2%?

So if 3% and 5% are transitory, should we expect eventual deflation to bring us back to the 2% average expected by the Fed, or is this the new normal?

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Just bought some gold and silver, 1oz gold is at no premium down here for some reason, silver though is still fetching sizeable premiums.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I wonder if any if these finacial wizards haver heard of KISS..i know im not the shiniest marble in the pack, but some of these guys really go the long ways around to get their point across and still confuse the hell out of me !!
They have an almost unlimited budget to hire insider authors and spokespeople to do just that....confuse. They're obfuscation artists.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Money printing does not necessarily cause inflation.

Between 2008 and 2014 the fed expanded it's balance sheet by almost $3 trillion.

For 11 years, again starting in 2008, the fed has had a target of 2% inflation and they've almost never hit it except for a few months here and there.

The velocity of all that money they've printed just isn't there. It's non existent. Almost nobody is spending, saving is at almost all time highs.

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

Between 2008 and 2014 the fed expanded it's balance sheet by almost $3 trillion.

For 11 years, again starting in 2008, the fed has had a target of 2% inflation and they've almost never hit it except for a few months here and there.

The velocity of all that money they've printed just isn't there. It's non existent. Almost nobody is spending, saving is at almost all time highs.
Right, but when velocity picks up, it'll be like gasoline on a fire. The forest is just waiting for the match.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
These are the same folks who were preaching CPI at just north of 2% until CPI was announced at 5%. Remember how they acted shocked by the 5% figure, saying 4.7% was the expected number. Had anyone honestly heard of this alleged 4.7% expectation for CPI before last week?

Now they are saying gold should fall, and inflation is "transitory."

Transitory? Have they gone to the grocery store? Tried to buy lumber, a house, a car, gas, anything?

Anyone buying the nonsense they are selling?

No, but they keep trying.

They're talking their book, which is debt-based fiat.

While they're quietly buying real money, and hoping they can gull us into selling.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I wonder if any if these finacial wizards haver heard of KISS..i know im not the shiniest marble in the pack, but some of these guys really go the long ways around to get their point across and still confuse the hell out of me !!
They've heard of KISS. That's to aid in understanding something, be it a market or anything.

They want the OPPOSITE. They want obfuscation, deceit, pettyfoggery. They want smoke and mirrors, so they can turn their printed-up crap into real wealth and some into real money for themselves.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I don't buy anything the financial media is selling.
One reason the markets are so pfuk'd up, is that the moneychangers have, over time, become SO....STOO-PIDD.

Since I got fleeced with a lot of other muppets, 2009, I've tried to learn all I can. One thing that keeps coming back to me, is how dull, how trite, how herd-minded they all are. Peter Schiff, who is correct on gold but not a great brain, IS one of the brightest bulbs in that chandelier. Ross Gerber, the glassy-eyed Tesla fanboi, is more the norm.

Since 1985 or so, Finance has been the world that draws the very-avaricious but not-so-smart types; and what we're seeing with money, government budgeting and the manipulated stocks and precious-metals markets...is the result of that.

Usc96

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Looks like there is dissension in the brotherhood of bankers.

“We have a lot of cash and capability and we’re going to be very patient, because I think you have a very good chance inflation will be more than transitory,” said Dimon, longtime JPMorgan CEO.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Looks like there is dissension in the brotherhood of bankers.

“We have a lot of cash and capability and we’re going to be very patient, because I think you have a very good chance inflation will be more than transitory,” said Dimon, longtime JPMorgan CEO.

In other news, the sun will rise in the morning.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
One reason the markets are so pfuk'd up, is that the moneychangers have, over time, become SO....STOO-PIDD.

Since I got fleeced with a lot of other muppets, 2009, I've tried to learn all I can. One thing that keeps coming back to me, is how dull, how trite, how herd-minded they all are. Peter Schiff, who is correct on gold but not a great brain, IS one of the brightest bulbs in that chandelier. Ross Gerber, the glassy-eyed Tesla fanboi, is more the norm.

Since 1985 or so, Finance has been the world that draws the very-avaricious but not-so-smart types; and what we're seeing with money, government budgeting and the manipulated stocks and precious-metals markets...is the result of that.
It's in their interests to appear stupid and weak. It's another one of those "things which can be staged".

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
They are saying transitory just to keep people pacified so they don't revolt and demand they stop the spending.
To demand that, the majority of people would first need to understand the connection between prices and the quantity of money in circulation.
...and based on my own observations, I would have to say that they do not.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
It's in their interests to appear stupid and weak. It's another one of those "things which can be staged".
I don't think so. I think they ARE stupid and weak.

If they weren't stupid and weak, they'd be crazed with fear right now. But they're stupid, weak, ignorant of history and even economic laws...so they babble on about "Buy the pfukin' DIP!" believing that This-Time-It's-Different! ©®™

Anyone sane would be afraid for his life, when the wheels come off. These idiots are in Fools' Paradise.

Usc96

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
And another one disagreeing with the FED message:

Powell and other Fed officials say they believe rising prices are likely temporary as the economy reopens from all manner of pandemic-related disruptions, which in turn justifies their policy stance.

“The idea that inflation is transitory, to me ... that one just doesn’t work the way I see the world,” said Jones, who added he feels the central bank’s inflation views put its credibility at risk.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I don't think so. I think they ARE stupid and weak.

If they weren't stupid and weak, they'd be crazed with fear right now. But they're stupid, weak, ignorant of history and even economic laws...so they babble on about "Buy the pfukin' DIP!" believing that This-Time-It's-Different! ©®™

Anyone sane would be afraid for his life, when the wheels come off. These idiots are in Fools' Paradise.
Stupid weak and winning........contradiction.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
No, I think what they have right now is winning.
Sure.

They're burning down the house to hurt those nastybad Deplorables who live downstairs.

But...gee. They live in the house, too.

So they're trying to create MOAR chaos now by trying to gaslight Deplorables who don't know what inflation is, don't know what money or gold are.

That's not their winning. That's their being the punks and wreckers that they are.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Sure.

They're burning down the house to hurt those nastybad Deplorables who live downstairs.

But...gee. They live in the house, too.

So they're trying to create MOAR chaos now by trying to gaslight Deplorables who don't know what inflation is, don't know what money or gold are.

That's not their winning. That's their being the punks and wreckers that they are.
Suit yourself.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Suit yourself.
Runaway inflation is not an unknown natural phenomenon. We have HAD it, and not that long ago. 1978-82.

How did the banksters do, back then?

Was that "winning"?

This time it's worse, because with the Fed using banksters to launder money-printing and co-opt them in stawk-market manipulation, the banksters are adjusting their business model. Individual depositors and borrowers are no longer the source of business, but a nuisance. Their job is to take ZIRP Fed money, pour it into stawks, watch it grow a little, pull it out and return it, in their revolving credit, and then re-borrow, re-pour, re-sell in higher DOW and S&P. Commissions all the way.

Think that's sustainable? Think that's "winning"?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Sure, that's the official narrative from the ministry of truth. However, if one simply uses the same ministry of truth's prior method of calculating CPI then inflation was running around 5% on average during that time. In fact the only time it was under 5% was a brief spike down during the financial collapse.

Their current CPI numbers are simply not an accurate reflection of price inflation, and haven't been for decades. Five percent CPI now, is double that...and likely just getting started.

1623765269390.png

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/inflation-charts

In and around major US cities...where most Americans reside, price inflation is even higher according to Chapwood...and the smell test.

Do not be fooled. The polit bureau's statistics are as phony as our "free markets".

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
We have certainly had inflation no disagreement on that as we see the results each and every day. My question is though will the price hikes continue or will we stay at the current level + 2% per Powell? Staying at the $8.50 per 2x4 level with an annual raise of 2% making the board
$8.67 ish or will we get an acceleration to say $10.00 per 2x4? Lots of confusion on this that I do not have the answer for and am fairly certain a reliable estimate can be made at this point. I remember the 1970/1980 inflation situation and one difference is that there is much less participation in strong unions on the labor side of cost push inflation; on the other hand we now have workers that won't work thanks to the Government largess due to that virus thing. Today, with the Government seemingly determined to create some type of universal basic income, a certain population that will prefer being dependant upon the Government for its economic wants and needs allowing a segment of society to truly vote for a living rather than working for one. The costs of supporting this named population will necessarily one way or another be included in the price of goods meaning each and every increase in Governmental handouts will be, via tax, fees, or paper printing will be felt by the general population as a whole....the only question to me is where will the Government stop...if ever?

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Social Security COLA Estimate for 2022 Raised to 5.3% ...
www.thinkadvisor.com/2021/06/10/social-security...
The annual cost-of-living adjustment, or COLA, for Social Security benefits in 2022 — usually announced in October — could be 5.3%, the highest since 2009, based on Thursday’s Consumer Price Index...

See if they can eliminate inflation for the key months o june july and august

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Officially price inflation is 5% right now...the reality is that price inflation seen by most Amerikans is likely right around 12% YoY at this moment. IMO, the current wave of price inflation will indeed be "transitory". ...but only because it will be interrupted by a brief deflationary collapse...before resuming. A "double dip recession" if you like. The fed is simply insulating against the next wave of deflation, much as they did heading into 2009. The resulting chart will look similar to the suck out in the chart posted above. ...a temporary blip and little else.

The "money printing" will continue and monetary inflation will overwhelm deflationary forces until stupid sheep stop trusting the dollar to hold any purchasing power. The truly amazing thing is that paper gold and silver are actually dropping...and bond yields are being held in place...even though real interest rates are likely pushing negative 10% at this time.

A++ to the fascist pigs in NY/DC for successfully rigging every single market simultaneously and keeping the vast majority of sheep completely ignorant.

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
The whole premise that "Our Economic Overlords" think inflation is a good thing and is necessary is revolting.

The Good Doctor is STILL right!

ronpaulendthefed-book.jpg

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
There are plenty of Austrian-school economics adherents who don't feel the need to Blame-America-First.

Doctor Paul also seems to think that the 1200-year wave of carnage the moose slimes have wreaked, is the fault of modern America.

I can't square that with fitness for office.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

they changed the definition of inflation as to not actually expose inflation.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
inflation is actually grocery store price increases, yes?

if my apple goes up in price, we've got inflation....

ppffttt

liars lie

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
inflation is actually grocery store price increases, yes?
That's price inflation. Inflation, now re-defined as "monetary inflation" to hide the guilty party, is an expansion of the monetary supply. Such an expansion in monetary supply, may or may not cause price inflation, yet all price inflation is caused by inflation(monetary expansion).

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
say that three times real fast....

:summer:

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Runaway inflation is not an unknown natural phenomenon. We have HAD it, and not that long ago. 1978-82.

How did the banksters do, back then?

Was that "winning"?

This time it's worse, because with the Fed using banksters to launder money-printing and co-opt them in stawk-market manipulation, the banksters are adjusting their business model. Individual depositors and borrowers are no longer the source of business, but a nuisance. Their job is to take ZIRP Fed money, pour it into stawks, watch it grow a little, pull it out and return it, in their revolving credit, and then re-borrow, re-pour, re-sell in higher DOW and S&P. Commissions all the way.

Think that's sustainable? Think that's "winning"?

On a local small bank institution the banks had some pretty serious issues. Savings rates were set at 5% and mortgages at 7%. ( = or-_) by regulation. Savings and loans were capped at 5 1/2% and 7 1/2% respectively. This created a problem because savers were flocking to the new "money market funds" offering double digit returns and creating T Bill investment pools whereby individual savers could pool their funds to buy a much higher cost T Bill. Because of the regulations banks were forced to only allow savers at the set rates so they would compensate by offering gifts like toasters, blenders and other assorted gadgets to entice savers. Then, since they could not offer mortgages at the current going rates, they invested in T bills and other signature type of loans. This situation devastated the Savings and Loan industry; many of which were bailed out renaming themselves banks. Today pretty much GNMA, FRDM and so forth holds the mortgages putting the interest rates at the pleasure of the Government while the banks continue to service the loans for a fee that generally is 1%. Today the small local bank is mostly gone having been consolidated into the bigger banks because of the previous mess and offers of Federal giveaways.
The market is much different today hence the large banks rather than the small ones allowing the current situation to be magnified thanks to the USA Government once again guided by special big money interests and the voting power of the free stuff army.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

I learned this from Lyn Alden... really interesting stuff.