• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Got rear ended yesterday

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I hope you don't have any long term pain because of it, and I hope that insurance will treat you well.

Can I ask for details? What kind of car were you in, what kind of car hit you, approximate speed of impact? And if it isn't too much, a picture of the damage to your car? Just curious how much protection your car gave you through the incident.

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
You'll be sore for a few days. Glad you're OK

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
The title

God rear ended yesterday​

is quite thought provoking.....

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
People have lost the ability to drive during quarantine. Both DW and myself got hit in both our vehicles in the past 6 months, after going 20years without any accidents.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
People have lost the ability to drive during quarantine. Both DW and myself got hit in both our vehicles in the past 6 months, after going 20years without any accidents.
71 since my last accident and ticket, was following a diesel tractor trailer on ft dix, his fumes would gag a maggot, sped up to pass and pos mp pulled me over, splained man the fumes were killing me guy give me a break, power tripping mth fker still gave me a ticket.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
71 since my last accident and ticket, was following a diesel tractor trailer on ft dix, his fumes would gag a maggot, sped up to pass and pos mp pulled me over, splained man the fumes were killing me guy give me a break, power tripping mth fker still gave me a ticket.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Finally got my car back yesterday glad to have my old 99 tank beats that little Nissan Altima they gave me insurance tried to cut the repairs all the way down to 1400 bucks which I knew was a joke and it ended up being 2400 for repairs guys did a fantastic job

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Consider seeing a chiropractor after things settle down. You were whiplashed and need realigned. I have been rear ended 5 times. Even a small hit can throw your neck and spine out.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Consider seeing a chiropractor after things settle down. You were whiplashed and need realigned. I have been rear ended 5 times. Even a small hit can throw your neck and spine out.
Thks, have issues, seeing therapist and pain doc, have to go for brain MRI they think I have concussion, I have vision and balance issues

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Thks, have issues, seeing therapist and pain doc, have to go for brain MRI they think I have concussion, I have vision and balance issues
Get well... believe don't understand the mechanics of how damaging an rear impact can be. Hopefully there is no concussion.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
5 times!?

I nominate Avalon for Transportation Safety Czar.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Sitting at a yield to turn right and slam, lucky not to be pushed into traffic, Good Lord am I sore as hell
Ouch
That shit is f'ed.
Was in a dodge truck waiting for a train and ended up walking home. F'er hit us at about 60, even bent the truck frame.
Thing is, is get ready for the hee-bee-jeebies every time you are in the left turn lane and a rig passes .

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
5 times!?

I nominate Avalon for Transportation Safety Czar.
Seriously , no one will ride with me. I think the insurance company tagged me as some type of jinx. Evetime I was rear ended all I was doing was sitting there. I was just sitting at stoplights or stopped to make a turn. Two of these hits were high impact. I actually bend my steering wheel with my head on one of them.

My favorite accident happened when my cousin from Chicago was in the car. She has been rear ended 4 times and we should have known better than to ride in the same car together. We were driving from the airport in my VW bug with the top down. I look in my rearview mirror and a car behind me is coming up behind me really fast. Instead of hitting me the car took the sidewalk. When she hit the sidewalk her car went airborne and literally sailed by us. We saw the undercarriage fly over us. She hit a light pole and kept going. Then landed in a used car dealer ship and was stopped by a very nice ford mustang. The reason this was my favorite accident was because we were not hit. When we got out of the car pieces of the downed light pole were all around my car. There was one scratch and that nothing else. When we checked on the driver of the wrecked car it was apparent the lady was quite drunk.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Finally got my car back yesterday glad to have my old 99 tank beats that little Nissan Altima they gave me insurance tried to cut the repairs all the way down to 1400 bucks which I knew was a joke and it ended up being 2400 for repairs guys did a fantastic job
Don't worry, When you go to sell it or it gets totaled in another wreck the insurance will low ball you because the previous wreck in documented in cyberspace.
Speaking from $5k downgrade experience. But the damn Ins. premiums never went down while I had it.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
@Avalon Drunks often survive accidents like that as the are relaxed and don't tense up.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
@Avalon Drunks often survive accidents like that as the are relaxed and don't tense up.
Yeah, I sort of figured she would be ok. She had been peach shopping at a roadside stand. She was more worried about her peaches thrown all over the car than she was the downed light pole and wrecked mustang.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Don't worry, When you go to sell it or it gets totaled in another wreck the insurance will low ball you because the previous wreck in documented in cyberspace.
Speaking from $5k downgrade experience. But the damn Ins. premiums never went down while I had it.
No shit, it's fixed like new, comps were like $5500 I think they said if repairs went much higher they would total it, I've had it like 14 years only 156k miles on it, paid 2700 for it76000 miles on it at the time

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I blame most of my health problems on being in a car wreck.
Anytime one get rear-ended in a vehicle they should get medically checked out immediately.
What may not be visible early may show up after the adrenaline wears off or later. At least you create a base line. Whiplash is no joke, and can be deadly.

Densus

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Anytime one get rear-ended in a vehicle they should get medically checked out immediately.
What may not be visible early may show up after the adrenaline wears off or later. At least you create a base line. Whiplash is no joke, and can be deadly.
Yep. Mine was head-on when I was 9 and was in a parked car.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Wow ! Glad you are here to talk about it.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Seriously , no one will ride with me. I think the insurance company tagged me as some type of jinx. Evetime I was rear ended all I was doing was sitting there. I was just sitting at stoplights or stopped to make a turn. Two of these hits were high impact. I actually bend my steering wheel with my head on one of them.

My favorite accident happened when my cousin from Chicago was in the car. She has been rear ended 4 times and we should have known better than to ride in the same car together. We were driving from the airport in my VW bug with the top down. I look in my rearview mirror and a car behind me is coming up behind me really fast. Instead of hitting me the car took the sidewalk. When she hit the sidewalk her car went airborne and literally sailed by us. We saw the undercarriage fly over us. She hit a light pole and kept going. Then landed in a used car dealer ship and was stopped by a very nice ford mustang. The reason this was my favorite accident was because we were not hit. When we got out of the car pieces of the downed light pole were all around my car. There was one scratch and that nothing else. When we checked on the driver of the wrecked car it was apparent the lady was quite drunk.
Omg? There is so much info to play with in that reply.
I am not going to point it out as I am fighting the urge to just do it.
Haha, I have a shock-ra-montra going at the moment.
"Don't do it Michael, don't do it Michael, don't do it....."

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score

Don't sign off on any insurance paperwork till your 100% or don't sign at all if that's an option.

Had a girlfriend that was in an accident and the insurance company was trying to push her into signing off paperwork.
She refused,still had some issues.
The company said they would be withholding any payments till she signed.
We had a friendly talk and told them she wasn't going to sign anything till she was 100% and do they need a lawyer to spell it out for them?

She to this day isn't 100% and never signed any paperwork.

Agavegirl1

Gold Chaser
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
strap on?

Seriously hope you are ok.

I'm sure it's not a very enjoyable experience, that said, just relax it goes a lot easier.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score