• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Great Snags and WTF's???

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I picked up a half dozen (two transactions of three apiece to maximize the ebucks offer).

He sent me an email almost immediately thanking me and asking me if I preferred pre 1932 or post 1957 coins. I told him as long as they weren't overly worn I would be happy with the pre 1932 but would take a good mix of whatever he's got. He said he would send one from 1914 and a good representative mix of the others. Seems like a decent guy
I bought 8 and I got no such email

Edit: Finally heard from the seller. So now we wait until they arrive

Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I bought 8 and I got no such email

Edit: Finally heard from the seller. So now we wait until they arrive
Followup. I got all 8 coins and they passed all the tests (size, weight) and the condition was better than described. Excellent fractional gold purchase

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Meh, just like real life everything has an ugly side. ;)
I have this British Gold fetish, it just kicked in after years of stacking Gold everything else.
Odd, yep, but I run with it!

Not that odd at all, I have a number of British sovereigns as well as Canadian, South African and Austrian coins just to have some variety

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Ordered two on the recommendation of Irons and The Shootist. Looking forward to getting them.

Fjpod

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I bought one two days ago from my lcs for $294, 1913, AU- $294. Not bragging (yes I am), but just letting you know what's out there. $312 is not bad. Let us know if your offer is accepted.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I bought one two days ago from my lcs for $294, 1913, AU- $294. Not bragging (yes I am), but just letting you know what's out there. $312 is not bad. Let us know if your offer is accepted.
He accepted my offer just a tad over what Fjpod paid for his. I agree $312 isn't bad at all but the man has a small amount of flexibility, especially on quantity bids. The last batch I bought from him were in excellent shape...I would say they were all AU but I'm not a grader, I'm a stacker :)

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Ordered two on the recommendation of Irons and The Shootist. Looking forward to getting them.
If yours are as good as the ones I bought from him previously you'll be pleased.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
EXPENSIVE sir! Was checking prices on line and silver is out of hand right now hoping for a pull back, gold seems more reasonable hasn't rallied as fiercely.
Agreed, that's why I picked up some more gold.

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Stopped at the country store last Friday for a bite at lunch and this fellow pulls up across the parking lot with a truck full of stuff. I watch him unloading crap like he was sitting up a yard sale right there in the gravel around his pick up.
Finished choking down my burrito and milk and walked out to the van and waited on pops. Think mebe I logged in to gim and thanked a post and then looked over at the truck sale now fully set up about 100 feet away when I spotted what I thought was a generator.
As I've been in the market for a deal on one for some time, I walked on over. Kinda snuck up on the guy he was kicked back shotgun side with his legs hanging out. Said hello and preceded to what was now surly a generator and a vintage Honda none the less. When I seen it I got excited but figured he would want a fortune if it ran.
So I enquired what he was asking and my heart skipped a beat when he said 2 and a quarter.
I ask him if it ran ok. He said it was a damn gooden, choked it pulled once and it roared to life.
Ask if he would take 2,... right now I would he replied,and I slapped it down.

Upon researching its a 78 model same as me. Runs and spits juice like a new one. I feckin love it, got that old school style.

20160707_141250.jpg

Last edited: