• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Great Snags and WTF's???

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
And folks think Piracy is just stinky men , cool gear, and violence. :pirates:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
My best so far is 14.5 grams of 18k and platinum.
Never beach hunted and don't own a MD, BUT 18K and Platinum make a 15gram 14k the Junior Find. IMO Jus' Sayin'

stAGgering

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
Never going to sell 'em on eBad;
Without placing then in capsules like all the others.
Include picture of both sides.
Offer at lower price, as Scottsdale is the seller right now, between $34-$42 bucks.
Look at the "sold" listings, left column option.
Just saying, as a seller and buyer of the world's purest silver ever minted.
You scored a gorgeous, massively undervalued, pile of .99999 SILVER. Bravo !
I got in from Royal Silver Co when they were selling and wish they continued.
However, after merger with other company, RSC has disappeared.
I can not find links after 2013.
Assuming copyright/patent etc. will run out by end of year and .99999 may return.

I'd buy all 7 from you @ $30 each and no, I'd not "flip" them.
This is the purest silver on the planet and will be sought... maybe ;-')
2010's and 2012's are far more rare, although mintages are not available.

Man ! don't they shine !

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
$1290 Shipped for 10-1/10 0z GAE's.
Nationwide.

the_shootist

Molon Labe! Deplorable Dreg!
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Seems too good to be true? Anyone do business with Nationwide before?
Loss leader, offers like this have been going on for years, I've done a few of them.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Loss leader, offers like this have been going on for years, I've done a few of them.
Yep, my favorite kind of investment. Just spoke to them and told them a friend recommended them to me and that I'm looking for a reputable vendor and wanted to check them out for product and services. At that point they backed off trying to pump up their 'special promotions on a much larger group of coins' and trying to get me to take advantage of these 'wonderful deals'. That should keep them at bay for about a week. :belly laugh:

Thanks for the recommendation Big Jim. Fractional gold coins at under spot and no upcharge for using a CC always makes my day!!:2 thumbs up:

Last edited:

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Yep, my favorite kind of investment. Just spoke to them and told them a friend recommended them to me and that I'm looking for a reputable vendor and wanted to check them out for product and services. At that point they backed off trying to pump up their 'special promotions on a much larger group of coins' and trying to get me to take advantage of these 'wonderful deals'. That should keep them at bay for about a week. :belly laugh:

Thanks for the recommendation Big Jim. Fractional coins at under spot and no upcharge for using a CC always makes my day!!:2 thumbs up:
Columbus took a chance...Universal Bullion & others have done this in the past. I've bought from a few & had no problems.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Wife unit just got back from vacation in Vietnam. Sent four 10 Toz bars of silver with her to cast some silver animals with. We wanted to test out their artistic capabilities and the possibility of casting several varieties of animals to sell in the US. I was trying for four ten ounce castings of; a horse, a dog, a pig and an ox. What she brought back was a 24½ Toz horse.

4 Horse.jpg

The model building and casting work was about $200.00 (Vietnamese dong to dollar conversion made the about part) so it was the 2½ 10 oz bars plus $200 for total cost. The leftover half of the bar they gave her spot for and the final bar she left with family for next visit. Total weight of this horse is 697 grams of 999 silver (not sterling).

We picked the horse to do first (my wife's chinese zodiac sign) to test out the work quality of the shop she found. Wifey wasn't specific enough when she gave the artist the photos of the horse to model and he created the wax model about 5 inches tall instead of small enough to cast at 10 oz. And the model is about half the price of the casting fee. So she made a command decision to go ahead and I wound up with one animal instead of four. Smaller ones next time. :D

Maybe not a great snag but the horse is beautiful. This is what silver is for.

BF

Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Wife unit just got back from vacation in Vietnam. Sent four 10 Toz bars of silver with her to cast some silver animals with. We wanted to test out their artistic capabilities and the possibility of casting several varieties of animals to sell in the US. I was trying for four ten ounce castings of; a horse, a dog, a pig and an ox. What she brought back was a 25½ Toz horse.

The model building and casting work was about $200.00 (Vietnamese dong to dollar conversion made the about part) so it was the 2½ 10 oz bars plus $200 for total cost. The leftover half of the bar they gave her spot for and the final bar she left with family for next visit. Total weight of this horse is 697 grams of 999 silver (not sterling).

We picked the horse to do first (my wife's chinese zodiac sign) to test out the work quality of the shop she found. Wifey wasn't specific enough when she gave the artist the photos of the horse to model and he created the wax model about 5 inches tall instead of small enough to cast at 10 oz. And the model is about half the price of the casting fee. So she made a command decision to go ahead and I wound up with one animal instead of four. Smaller ones next time. :D

BF
I like it!!! :2 thumbs up:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Columbus took a chance...Universal Bullion & others have done this in the past. I've bought from a few & had no problems.
So far all they've done is charge my credit card

stAGgering

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
That right there, is a stellar original horsey horse.
You checked for baby lead horse inside right ? ha !

Can't wait to see the next ones you have made.
A 100 oz farmyard would totally rock.
How much will the barn, house, and fencing cost !!? ;-)

Bottom Feeder

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Wife unit watched while they melted and poured. She's no dummy about lying, cheating and stealing. She also wanted to make sure they used our silver and not any of their own.
I think I've mentioned before, that my wife is a chemist. She took the bars into a lab over there and got them XRF (X-ray fluorescence). Then she took the horse, when it was done, back to the same lab and had it XRF(ed). Lab analysis reports on both visits in my files. Same results on both.

Some time it pays to know how to do shit.

BF

Last edited:

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Wife unit just got back from vacation in Vietnam. Sent four 10 Toz bars of silver with her to cast some silver animals with. We wanted to test out their artistic capabilities and the possibility of casting several varieties of animals to sell in the US. I was trying for four ten ounce castings of; a horse, a dog, a pig and an ox. What she brought back was a 24½ Toz horse.

BF
That is a really fine piece. Did they stamp it 999? :D
It makes me think about other things one could have made. A silver turtle could be pretty cool.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I bought today. Hell, that's below spot price. I don't know what a good price is anymore; but I do believe that if I acquire over time, the average purchase price will be ok.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I bought today. Hell, that's below spot price. I don't know what a good price is anymore; but I do believe that if I acquire over time, the average purchase price will be ok.
Below melt for fractional gold is a pretty good deal these days.

Sindgefallen

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Below melt for fractional gold is a pretty good deal these days.
Just bought 10, thanks for the great snag guys!!! I still have my loss leader 1/10th'ers from back in 2008 and prior!

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Did you ever receive the GAE's??

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Here's a post about my experience with Nationwide:
----
Wanted to give an update. Truly one of the sleaziest companies I've dealt with. First I called, politely listened to the upsell of super-overpriced products and said "let's start with this and see how that goes"....placed an order

Noticed no charge on my CC after a couple days so called back. No record of my order or call or any of my contact informationof course. So I said whatever, the let's do it again. Placed order a second time.

Again no charge on my CC. Called back and asked for a supervisor. Was told someone with the same name had already ordered from a state I have never lived in or known anyone, and thus "I was taking advantage of them" and their "one-time offer". I corrected them and then the "supervisor" started whistling a different tune saying I had called on a phone number that had already ordered before. I asked who ordered and got some weird generic name and a phone number that I never heard of and definitely hadn't used, and I asked what the address was and it was an address on the other side of the country. I called BS and said I'm going to report you to the BBB if you don't put my order through (saw that the BBB scares them somewhere online). The supervisor refused to place my order so I asked to be transferred to the compliance officer that is listed on their website. The guy refused and hung up. So I call back 10 seconds later and my number has been blocked! The speed with which they blocked my number was amazing. I mean most companies wouldn't be able to block a number without going through some IT department or researching or whatever, but it seems like they're so used to ripping people off and having complaints that every sales guy has the ability to block instantly at his desk for the entire company (which should be a red flag to say the least).

Anyway called the compliance guy on a different line and told him I was going to contact the BBB if my order wasn't put through. He starts telling me how they couldn't do the order because my phone wasn't a "landline" and I said well no other company has a problem billing me and placing orders with a non-land line. Then he said the other problem is you are using a google voice number and I said yes I use that because I have all my calls forwarded to wherever I am (work, home, car, etc). He said we can only do this if you call back on a real cell number or land line. I said I can do that but I don't answer or use my real cell number so it isn't going to be of any use to you. He said that's fine, we just need a real phone number. So I called back on my cell number. He then said ok we can place the order. Again they have to take all my info and have "no record of me in the system".

Another day passes, no charge on my credit card. I think ok I'll call in the morning. I call again, and the complaince guy says yea the reason you haven't been charges is we looked into it again and you've ordered before and then he hangs up. I then check my credit card and notice that there was a charge put in overnight that I hadn't checked and seen. So rather than call back I just say ok let me see what happens.

Two weeks later the coins arrived. I also got a voicemail on the number I never use from a sleazy sales guy telling me "we noticed your coins are being delivered today. call us when you get them."

Of course I wouldn't call that company again or do business with them if my life depended on it. I noticed I got a few more calls form them within the next few months (didn't see them until later as I don't use that number as I told them).

tldr: Got the coins but sleazy company took a dozen phone calls, multiple orderings, and being blocked to get anything.

If you have 4-5 hours to waste then I recommend. Coins seem as described and were $150 under spot. so depends on what your time is worth to you.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Here's a post about my experience with Nationwide:
----
Wanted to give an update. Truly one of the sleaziest companies I've dealt with. First I called, politely listened to the upsell of super-overpriced products and said "let's start with this and see how that goes"....placed an order

Noticed no charge on my CC after a couple days so called back. No record of my order or call or any of my contact informationof course. So I said whatever, the let's do it again. Placed order a second time.

Again no charge on my CC. Called back and asked for a supervisor. Was told someone with the same name had already ordered from a state I have never lived in or known anyone, and thus "I was taking advantage of them" and their "one-time offer". I corrected them and then the "supervisor" started whistling a different tune saying I had called on a phone number that had already ordered before. I asked who ordered and got some weird generic name and a phone number that I never heard of and definitely hadn't used, and I asked what the address was and it was an address on the other side of the country. I called BS and said I'm going to report you to the BBB if you don't put my order through (saw that the BBB scares them somewhere online). The supervisor refused to place my order so I asked to be transferred to the compliance officer that is listed on their website. The guy refused and hung up. So I call back 10 seconds later and my number has been blocked! The speed with which they blocked my number was amazing. I mean most companies wouldn't be able to block a number without going through some IT department or researching or whatever, but it seems like they're so used to ripping people off and having complaints that every sales guy has the ability to block instantly at his desk for the entire company (which should be a red flag to say the least).

Anyway called the compliance guy on a different line and told him I was going to contact the BBB if my order wasn't put through. He starts telling me how they couldn't do the order because my phone wasn't a "landline" and I said well no other company has a problem billing me and placing orders with a non-land line. Then he said the other problem is you are using a google voice number and I said yes I use that because I have all my calls forwarded to wherever I am (work, home, car, etc). He said we can only do this if you call back on a real cell number or land line. I said I can do that but I don't answer or use my real cell number so it isn't going to be of any use to you. He said that's fine, we just need a real phone number. So I called back on my cell number. He then said ok we can place the order. Again they have to take all my info and have "no record of me in the system".

Another day passes, no charge on my credit card. I think ok I'll call in the morning. I call again, and the complaince guy says yea the reason you haven't been charges is we looked into it again and you've ordered before and then he hangs up. I then check my credit card and notice that there was a charge put in overnight that I hadn't checked and seen. So rather than call back I just say ok let me see what happens.

Two weeks later the coins arrived. I also got a voicemail on the number I never use from a sleazy sales guy telling me "we noticed your coins are being delivered today. call us when you get them."

Of course I wouldn't call that company again or do business with them if my life depended on it. I noticed I got a few more calls form them within the next few months (didn't see them until later as I don't use that number as I told them).

tldr: Got the coins but sleazy company took a dozen phone calls, multiple orderings, and being blocked to get anything.

If you have 4-5 hours to waste then I recommend. Coins seem as described and were $150 under spot. so depends on what your time is worth to you.
I can only say that the order was filled. I had to wait for delivery but, unlike you, my card was charged the same day I placed the order. Based on my experience and your fed-back Goldie I would rate Nationwide as 'your mileage may vary'.

Last edited:

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
I can only say that the order was filled. I had to wait for delivery but, unlike you, my card was charged the same day I placed the order. Based on my experience and your fed-back Goldie I would rate Nationwide as your 'mileage may vary'.
Yep, the wife's order arrived without any drama.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Be informed, my order took 11 days after I placed it to arrive

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
my order placed 1 week + 2 days ago. nothing yet.

I hope this works. It's a great price. But an opening to offer their graded and slabbed coins. I'm not into numismatics, so that didn't work with me.

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Be informed, my order took 11 days after I placed it to arrive
Did you get some kind of shipping information / tracking number, or did it just "arrive"?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Did you get some kind of shipping information / tracking number, or did it just "arrive"?
I did in email but if you don't get something in the next day or two just call them and ask for status on your order.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

BF

A new "horse's head" in the making????? A white copper horse's head??? Hmmm.......Any photoshop experts here could have a field day with this.

:2 thumbs up:

Bottom Feeder

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
A new "horse's head" in the making????? A white copper horse's head??? Hmmm.......Any photoshop experts here could have a field day with this.

:2 thumbs up:
Jose, your post somewhat puzzles me. "A white copper horse's head??" — I don't exactly know how to respond but rest assured that my silver horse is very close to 100% silver.

And photoshoping? I will accept that challenge if it is one.

:don't know:
BF

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Jose, your post somewhat puzzles me. "A white copper horse's head??" — I don't exactly know how to respond but rest assured that my silver horse is very close to 100% silver.

And photoshoping? I will accept that challenge if it is one.

:don't know:
BF

"white copper" = silver. White copper is just another name for silver. For me personally, I just call silver a DOG.