• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Great Snags and WTF's???

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
This time it's a horse.

BF

MEH!!!! Silver is a horse that is still a DOG!!!!!

:2 thumbs up:

FWIW I did score a bunch of '70's silver art bars at various LCS's and coin shows during the 1st qtr of 2018. A lot of it I bought as business inventory for my ebay business for resell but I did keep a few pieces that I liked.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Last month, I did buy 12 Maria Theresa Thaler silver coins for $14.29 each. I bought them mainly to resell on ebay but it is still a snag IMO.

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I got an email with the FedEx tracking number. And the shipment arrived today! :) :) :)
The accepted wisdom around here is that the time to buy gold is when you can. That worked real well for me, coming out of my income tax refund as it were. And I had to ask myself, had I not withheld too much fed tax last year, had I kept the money in my pockets instead, would I ever have found $1290 with which to pull the trigger? I'm lucky I chose to pay myself first out of my big refund.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I got an email with the FedEx tracking number. And the shipment arrived today! :) :) :)
The accepted wisdom around here is that the time to buy gold is when you can. That worked real well for me, coming out of my income tax refund as it were. And I had to ask myself, had I not withheld too much fed tax last year, had I kept the money in my pockets instead, would I ever have found $1290 with which to pull the trigger? I'm lucky I chose to pay myself first out of my big refund.
Congrats on taking advantage of a great score!

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
Well he did. :D

I got the 1928 Condor in, it looks great. I posted the seller's pics of it at the coin collectors forum and first 3 replies to the thread all say AU, one specifically AU58.

Value is tough. But checking Ebay, there are only three available, all MS 63, all $1413 flat to $1550 OBO. Checking sold listings, there are two, one being mine and the other an UNC Details (hairlines) that sold for $850. If I were to list it for sale, I'd price it at 875. But I'm just going to toss it on the pile.
Update, the 1928 Ecuador Condor sold 3 weeks ago for $845. After fees/shipping, I didn't quite double my money on it, but I did well!

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
deals are availible on ebay ....just takes a lot of time and persistance day after day to feret them out.........i did my fereting on ebay about 10-15 yrs ago

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
How did I do here...?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/292571775172

It's on its way, can't wait to see what the bezel and chain are like.
This piece of jewelry was popular pre 80's. I have one that looked just like it.
If it is all original the coin is legit, the bezel will be 10KT gold, and the necklace will be 10KT gold.

IF you intend to wear it I would suggest upgrading the bezel and necklace as both are subject to breaking easily. ( My set is in pieces as both the bezel and necklace broke in wearing).
IF you are in it to get the coin only do an "IRONS" and send the bezel and necklace to scrap.
AND
Due to the popularity these pieces had there is a history of fake coins. And the bezel tending to scratch the coin around the edges.

Being jewelry piece( especially w/ edge markings) very few will give you anymore than melt value, no numismatic value.

DYODD

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
^^^Shipping is $1000!!! Such a deal!!! :oops:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I snagged a Antigua and Barbuda 1 ounce gold bullion coin off of EBay daily deals. It’s minted by Scottsdale mint. I got it at $3 over melt. I looked up the mintage numbers. UNC is 2500 and the proof is 500. I received the proof version.

While I doubt there will be any massive collector interest it’s nice to know you have a semi rare coin before I put it on my boat ;)

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
This snag (IMO) was a while ago but I bought 12 Maria Theresa Thaler silver coins (0.7517 silver content per coin) for $14.25 each. I sold 7 of them on ebay for $23 each with six of them went to one buyer (which saved me on shipping costs). Out of the remaining 5, I have 4 of them currently on ebay and I kept one for myself.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
@Silver Art you should offer them up here first for right of first refusal. Heck! I was happy to relieve @lumpOgold of some of his excess inventory. My boat needs more ballast before it sinks.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
@Silver Art you should offer them up here first for right of first refusal. Heck! I was happy to relieve @lumpOgold of some of his excess inventory. My boat needs more ballast before it sinks.
I did not think of that. The Thaler coins were out of my usual buying habits since I mainly buy '70s silver art bars for my collection and as inventory for my ebay business. $14.25 was the lowest price that I have seen anywhere and that is why I bought a bunch of them for resale. When I see Thaler coins, I usually see them for between $18 - $22 per coin. I definately need to post here more often. I need to get back into the loop on GIM. I do plan to sell on other places besides ebay but I have not done that yet. Thank you for the suggestion.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I did not think of that. The Thaler coins were out of my usual buying habits since I mainly buy '70s silver art bars for my collection and as inventory for my ebay business. $14.25 was the lowest price that I have seen anywhere and that is why I bought a bunch of them for resale. When I see Thaler coins, I usually see them for between $18 - $22 per coin. I definately need to post here more often. I need to get back into the loop on GIM. I do plan to sell on other places besides ebay but I have not done that yet. Thank you for the suggestion.
I'm always looking to buy more silver. I'm building my sailboat to cruise the oceans with my very special friend when I retire and I'm pouring the keel out of silver :tired:

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
I'm always looking to buy more silver. I'm building my sailboat to cruise the oceans with my very special friend when I retire and I'm pouring the keel out of silver :tired:

Might want to wait until we finally get the move in silver to pick the girl. Otherwise, she might be looking like Hillarie before we finally get the skyrocket in prices.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Might want to wait until we finally get the move in silver to pick the girl. Otherwise, she might be looking like Hillarie before we finally get the skyrocket in prices.
Good point!

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I picked up a 1999 Mexican Libertad 1-oz silver coin for $22 from a local flea market today. I paid $6 over spot for it but these have sold for anywhere between $60 - $100 on ebay in past BIN listings.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I picked up a 1999 Mexican Libertad 1-oz silver coin for $22 from a local flea market today. I paid $6 over spot for it but these have sold for anywhere between $60 - $100 on ebay in past BIN listings.

I forgot to add that the 1999 Mexican Libertad 1-oz silver bullion coin was fetching anywhere between $60 - $100 on ebay because (I think), it has the 2nd lowest mintage number behind the 1998 Mexican Libertad 1-oz silver bullion coin. There is a collector demand for that particular mint year Libertad coin. I plan to resell it but I do not plan to do it at this time, I will just keep it in my "business stack" to sell it at a later date.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I forgot to add that the 1999 Mexican Libertad 1-oz silver bullion coin was fetching anywhere between $60 - $100 on ebay because (I think), it has the 2nd lowest mintage number behind the 1998 Mexican Libertad 1-oz silver bullion coin. There is a collector demand for that particular mint year Libertad coin. I plan to resell it but I do not plan to do it at this time, I will just keep it in my "business stack" to sell it at a later date.
Nice. Otherwise known as ‘cherry picking’. Knowledge is power.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Those were posted yesterday in the ebay deals thread. Another member already ordered one.