• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Great Snags and WTF's???

davycoppitt

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
That thing is gorgeous! What is the approximate diameter of the bowl?

So I got a little too excited and posted before I received the item. The bowl is not the weight or diameter which they claimed, but I do not care at all. The diameter is 6" not 9. It weighs 550 grams which is a little less than they said, so got it 23% under. The thing is more amazing in person. The weight to size is unreal, very heavy for that size bowl. Its a true masterpiece. Flawless. It is the coolest piece of silver I have held.

resize bowl.JPG

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Talk about ornate! She's a beauty. Whatcha gonna do with it? Put it to use or toss it in the lake?

davycoppitt

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Talk about ornate! She's a beauty. Whatcha gonna do with it? Put it to use or toss it in the lake?
I always go by the anything that can be sold for over melt goes. Will maybe hang onto it for a few months/years then get sick of it and dump it. Should sell for well over. However this could be one that is hard to let go of.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I always go by the anything that can be sold for over melt goes. Will maybe hang onto it for a few months/years then get sick of it and dump it. Should sell for well over. However this could be one that is hard to let go of.
May be worth a de-toning dip/gas to make her "pop".

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
So I was reminded of SS bowl I inherited some years back and I had posted back on GIM 1. Still have it somewhere I think, but at the very least I was able to find the pics I have on my HD
Sunbowl (1).JPG
Sunbowl (2).JPG
Sunbowl (3).JPG
Sunbowl.JPG

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Another fabulous looking piece. Both too nice to be sitting at the bottom of a lake. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Even though I am a collector of '70's silver art bars, I "think like a businessman". Even when I buy a '70's silver art bar to add to my personal collection (and not as business inventory for resell purpose), I have to think like a businessman in the sense that if I decide that I did not want it anymore, then I can sell it through my Schedule C business and make a net profit on it. Thinking like a business man means paying close to spot as possible in order to leave room for profit down the road if/when it gets sold. Admittedly, "thinking like a businessman" does not always work for me when it comes to new gold and silver coins that have just been released from USMint, JMB, APMEX, etc.. For example, buying certain new coins (gold or silver) from the USMint such as the 2019 Apollo 11 5-oz .999 proof coin.

I also want to state that there is nothing wrong with paying a collector premium for a coin or rare bar since there is currently and will ALWAYS be a market for collectible silver art bars/rounds/coins online (andoffline). "Buy What You Like" will always be the motto for collectors and that helps me continue to generate a net profit with my Schedule C business. Even to this day, I will still occasionally pay a premium for certain coins or bars that I truly love and cannot live without. For example: Myself occasionally buying from the USMint. Afterall, I am still a collector.

During my 10 years as a '70's silver art bar collector, I have been on both sides of the premium game...........one side as a collector paying a collector premium for something and the other side as a seller getting a collector premium for selling something. The "Thinking like a Businessman" philosophy was a HUGE change for me as a '70's silver art bar collector especially when I started my ebay/online business nearly a year ago selling "collectible silver" because I make money on the buy.

AguA

Seeker
Seeker

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Pretty sweet deal! You can even pick the mintmark they'll put on it. That's customer service right there.
Exactly! Maybe you can just get your initials on there as the mintmark? Oh wait, forgot that this is a "genuine coin"... never mind :)

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
"Don't care and have a nice life"

That's what an eBay seller wrote to me relatively recently. He/she has little eBay experience. Told me that package was shipped on certain day but nothing was provided by way of tracking number. I asked for it several times. Now he/she says that actually the package was never even shipped. Oh and that payment I made was never received I was told. Oh please. Had to open a case.

In another instance, I bought a decent size lot of pre-1964 quarters from someone who never even booked a sale. Everything went great incl. communication back and forth. I paid well under melt! Go figure.

In the end, sometimes buying from zero-feedback sellers works great but other times it's a complete flop.

Whats a good resource to find out what mint releases would make good investments? http://www.coinnews ?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Whats a good resource to find out what mint releases would make good investments? http://www.coinnews ?
I've got a copy if you have anything you'd trade.
Modern Commemorative Coins

Invest Today - Profit Tomorrow
by: Eric Jordan
  • Publisher: F+W Media
  • Print ISBN: 9781440212895, 1440212899
  • eText ISBN: 9781440215414, 1440215413

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Having helped Anthony J. Swiatek write his book on commemorative coins, I would steer clear of the modern market. With the semi-key 2001 Capitol Visitor Center $5 down from $600 to $700 to now $472.50 for a MS-69 on eBay your money is best spent on timeless classics that appeal to multiple collector segments.

This is one of the reasons why I have gone straight to the bullion market. Buy the metal first, collector premium second.

Your personal results may vary.

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Snagged this on JM Bullion today after it hit me that it was a no brainer.
Too bad they only had one.

Order Details
Item
Price Qty Subtotal

Pre-33 $20 Liberty Gold Double Eagle Coin (Cleaned)
$1,238.99
$1,238.99

Follow us:
Download the App:
Subtotal:
$1,238.99
Shipping:
Free
Final Total:
$1,238.99

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Snagged this on JM Bullion today after it hit me that it was a no brainer.
Too bad they only had one.

Order Details
Item
Price Qty Subtotal

Pre-33 $20 Liberty Gold Double Eagle Coin (Cleaned)
$1,238.99
$1,238.99

Follow us:
Download the App:
Subtotal:
$1,238.99
Shipping:
Free
Final Total:
$1,238.99
That is crazy! Way under melt - nice snag!

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Not sure how real all of this stuff is or if it is ... will it even get shipped. Regardless, this eBay seller listed several very nice gold coins yesterday. A couple I can't see among completed listing for whatever reason - maybe eBay pulled them? Prices were certainly killer but I couldn't get any. Could be a blessing. Anyway, here is one of several very nice HK coins he/she sold for under melt value:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254111227243

davycoppitt

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Not sure how real all of this stuff is or if it is ... will it even get shipped. Regardless, this eBay seller listed several very nice gold coins yesterday. A couple I can't see among completed listing for whatever reason - maybe eBay pulled them? Prices were certainly killer but I couldn't get any. Could be a blessing. Anyway, here is one of several very nice HK coins he/she sold for under melt value:

We will find out shortly.... :dancing guy

I got the Sov. Screwed up and hesitated. Could of had the $100 dollar coins if I didn't think for a split second. I was clicking refresh every second for a about 20 min.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

davycoppitt

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Looks like they were all real. The sov came today.

sov.JPG

Last edited:

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The best thing to sell on ebay is something no one else is selling.
Yep, and the longer the auction the better. I've seen some insane bidding wars on rarities.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I found this locally but Im not seeing any other info online.
Anything special?
Been looking at simliar types of silver poured bars, pretty cool but unwilling to spend the premium. I mean after all, it's just poured silver bullion.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++