• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Great Snags and WTF's???

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
"Silver bars" are a niche market on ebay that can net surprising results.
Here's a terrific example. A 3 ounce SILVER bar sold for $138.60 per ounce! Just last week...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-oz-Silve...541723?hash=item41fa14ce1b:g:84YAAOSwKL5cWx12
Yeah, I like the coolness factor but I'm a practical investor. I'm a bad speculator therefore, not a good judge of how much a piece of silver would increase (or decrease) in value based on its shape and history.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yeah, I like the coolness factor but I'm a practical investor. I'm a bad speculator therefore, not a good judge of how much a piece of silver would increase (or decrease) in value based on its shape and history.
A wise approach.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Minimizing losses is as important as maximizing profits!
Yeah but it's like when I try telling my LCS about semi numis. If you can get it for near spot, be on the lookout for these things cause it can do you well. Right place right time with a little knowledge can reap good bennies. GOod example were the Silver Kangaroos I sold to APMEX for $120 an ounce.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Yeah but it's like when I try telling my LCS about semi numis. If you can get it for near spot, be on the lookout for these things cause it can do you well. Right place right time with a little knowledge can reap good bennies. GOod example were the Silver Kangaroos I sold to APMEX for $120 an ounce.
near spot are the two key words

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Oh my... $120/once for Kangaroos? How much APMEX they sell them for?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Oh my... $120/once for Kangaroos? How much APMEX they sell them for?
I have no idea. I had to liquidate for a DP on a house. I posted their quoted buy prices from me a long time ago but cared not for what they did with them after that.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
A 3 ounce SILVER bar sold for $138.60 per ounce! Just last week...
That's because it's an Engelhard (highly 'collectible') and a rare weight as well. I have two of those as well as several five ounce (not as rare) ones. I just recently snagged eight 10 toz (even less rare) bars. If you see the poured bars at any premium less that 2 or 3 bucks an ounce grab 'em.

BF

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
That's because it's an Engelhard (highly 'collectible') and a rare weight as well. I have two of those as well as several five ounce (not as rare) ones. I just recently snagged eight 10 toz (even less rare) bars. If you see the poured bars at any premium less that 2 or 3 bucks an ounce grab 'em.

BF
They're a lot more than that based on what I've seen out there.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
AND ZERO ratings "DANGER, DANGER WILL ROBINSON"!
1555955180724.png

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
I only buy PM's off eBay from a short list of bullion dealers. The Chins have pretty much destroyed much of the fun eBay buying used to be by flooding the markets with counterfeits.
In this particular case... my guess is there is no real or counterfeit ASE's behind that listing. Yet another fake account that will eventually will be taken down by eBay. Whoever buys and pays will be extending a short-term loan to the seller. :)

Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter