• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Great Snags and WTF's???

the_shootist

I identify as fully vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
come on man, if all you had was a magazine or a poured silver bar?

tell you what, that silver bar is a lot more durable than those pages are ...

just saying

:beer:
And silver bars don't stick together either

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I pre-ordered these a few days before the big jump in silver that you hold prices. I had thoughts that the order would probably be cancelled allowing the seller to obtain a much higher price for them. Lo and behold though they kept their end of the bargain and fulfilled the sale to the original listing price. I should add that I buy a roll of SAEs for each of my children at Christmas time so that if and with no idea what the future may bring I always get the PCGS or NGC rolls so that if in the future they need to sell there should not be any significant issues regarding the overall quality and authenticness of the coins.

1614675513208.png

Presale - 20 - 2021 (S) $1 American Silver Eagle NGC GEM BU Emergency Production
Presale Item (Estimated Ship Date 2/5/2021)
pinehurstcoins (174096)
Item Condition
--
Sale Date
Jan 29, 2021
Quantity
Price
US $ 699.99

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I pre-ordered these a few days before the big jump in silver that you hold prices. I had thoughts that the order would probably be cancelled allowing the seller to obtain a much higher price for them. Lo and behold though they kept their end of the bargain and fulfilled the sale to the original listing price. I should add that I buy a roll of SAEs for each of my children at Christmas time so that if and with no idea what the future may bring I always get the PCGS or NGC rolls so that if in the future they need to sell there should not be any significant issues regarding the overall quality and authenticness of the coins.

View attachment 203265

Presale - 20 - 2021 (S) $1 American Silver Eagle NGC GEM BU Emergency Production
pinehurstcoins (174096)
Item Condition
--
Sale Date
Jan 29, 2021
Quantity
Price
US $ 699.99

Well, don't forget the cost of shipping and/or taxes for the final cost.

Not a bad deal, though.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Well, don't forget the cost of shipping and/or taxes for the final cost.

Not a bad deal, though.
I look at shipping costs as time and money saved. I could waste an entire day and a tank of gas driving to and around a city and still not find exactly what I want.

So, $10 shipping OR a $25 tank of gas and the joy of sitting at stoplights surrounded by idiots?

Shipping is cheap, IMO.

.:meditation:

stAGgering

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I look at shipping costs as time and money saved. I could waste an entire day and a tank of gas driving to and around a city and still not find exactly what I want.

So, $10 shipping OR a $25 tank of gas and the joy of sitting at stoplights surrounded by idiots?

Shipping is cheap, IMO.

.:meditation:

I thought I was the only one.
Pleased to meet you.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I thought I was the only one.
Pleased to meet you.
Buddy of mine recently drove down to a big coin show with a pocket full of cash and paid the admission fee looking to get him some silber!
Prices were through the roof and the people were dicks. He blew a good chunk of a Saturday and wasted time and money. Didn't get any white copper either.
assplodey.gif

stAGgering

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Buddy of mine recently drove down to a big coin show with a pocket full of cash and paid the admission fee looking to get him some silber!
Prices were through the roof and the people were dicks. He blew a good chunk of a Saturday and wasted time and money. Didn't get any white copper either.
View attachment 203305

That is some butt hurt.

"White copper" dat's rayssiss !!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

pitw

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
View attachment 203305

If he was cranked about it, that would be his fault.
Life is to short to sweat the little shit, He had a pocketfull of cash that he maybe coulda found something else to make money on. I love a road trip no matter the consequences of the reason for said trip. Things to see ya know.

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
What do they sell for now?

I thought it was really decent of the company to fulfill my pre-order. I recognize that I made a purchase and locked in a price but I have seen, heard and read issues regarding purchases when prices skyrocket. My thoughts are this is a good company to deal with and am happy about the way it turned out. Lets face it, they could have cancelled my order and sold for more and as the current Ebay thing says they are sold out at $899.00 each
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Presale-20...-NGC-GEM-BU-Emergency-Production/313377800774

Condition:
--

Quantity:
0 available23 sold / See feedback

Price:
US $899.00

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I thought it was really decent of the company to fulfill my pre-order. I recognize that I made a purchase and locked in a price but I have seen, heard and read issues regarding purchases when prices skyrocket. My thoughts are this is a good company to deal with and am happy about the way it turned out. Lets face it, they could have cancelled my order and sold for more and as the current Ebay thing says they are sold out at $899.00 each
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Presale-20...-NGC-GEM-BU-Emergency-Production/313377800774

Condition:
--

Quantity:

Price:
US $899.00
900 bucks for a tube of ASEs....Insane!

GOLDBRIX

'SUSH, MY NEW SAFE HOUSE"
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
900 bucks for a tube of ASEs....Insane!
Not insane when the next line sez: "SOLD OUT".
$45.00 per coin is probably where the actual physical price should be at this time.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
The dealer is probably like, crap, this thing sold even at $900... should have raised price to over $1k!

There is quite the spread right now between circulated silver such as pre-1965 90% and "fresh" or even backdated bullion coins such as ASE's. You can still find 90% at 10-20% premium over electronic spot/futures price. But the other stuff is 30-50% premium and more.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
The dealer is probably like, crap, this thing sold even at $900... should have raised price to over $1k!

There is quite the spread right now between circulated silver such as pre-1965 90% and "fresh" or even backdated bullion coins such as ASE's. You can still find 90% at 10-20% premium over electronic spot/futures price. But the other stuff is 30-50% premium and more.
I should put a tube of eagles out there on FleaBay for $1K and see if anyone bites.

90% is the very essence of real money! I haven't seen much junk silver that cheap. I must be looking in the wrong places :(

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
I should put a tube of eagles out there on FleaBay for $1K and see if anyone bites.

There you go. I think a number of small sellers (not dealers) have been doing just that. I bet plenty of them are not very motivated -- just seeing if anything happens. Wouldn't be surprised if they got... surprise sales out of that!

90% is the very essence of real money!
I think you are right and War Nickels and 40% Kennedy Halves are even better for those looking to get stuff close to spot. So in terms of premiums over electronic price: 40% silver Kennedy Half Dollars or War Nickels (35%) are the lowest, then 90% pre-1965, then generic bullion and then government-issued bullion like the ASE's.

I haven't seen much junk silver that cheap. I must be looking in the wrong places :(
I think this about 20% above melt. Maybe less with cash back, eBay Bucks, etc.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/301477720289

Check with various dealers. Either their own Web sites or via eBay or perhaps some other platforms. I have $10 FV available for 22x face plus shipping which is probably a little bit worse than the linked deal since I don't offer eBay Bucks. :)

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
There you go. I think a number of small sellers (not dealers) have been doing just that. I bet plenty of them are not very motivated -- just seeing if anything happens. Wouldn't be surprised if they got... surprise sales out of that!

I think you are right and War Nickels and 40% Kennedy Halves are even better for those looking to get stuff close to spot. So in terms of premiums over electronic price: 40% silver Kennedy Half Dollars or War Nickels (35%) are the lowest, then 90% pre-1965, then generic bullion and then government-issued bullion like the ASE's.

I think this about 20% above melt. Maybe less with cash back, eBay Bucks, etc.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/301477720289

Check with various dealers. Either their own Web sites or via eBay or perhaps some other platforms. I have $10 FV available for 22x face plus shipping which is probably a little bit worse than the linked deal since I don't offer eBay Bucks. :)
I want to take a minute and thank you for all the input you've made here in these buying opportunity threads. I've been able to take advantage of some great deals that I was able to get directly from your posts and I'm sure others here have had a similar experience.

Thank you!

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

Condition:
--

Quantity:

Price:
US $899.00

Flip them now and put the proceeds into generic silver. Just MHO.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
2oz. Cook Islands silver were $0.47 more per ounce than identical 1 oz. coins. Same diameter, but twice as thick.

Shiny is good. I also like variety.

Attachments

• 20210331_173639.jpg
    20210331_173639.jpg
    692.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210331_173653.jpg
    20210331_173653.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210331_173717.jpg
    20210331_173717.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210331_173931.jpg
    20210331_173931.jpg
    482.7 KB · Views: 16

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Looking at the font on the obverse and the reverse plus one recent neg review... I don't think this seller is offering authentic 2020 ASE's. Probably Chinese fakes. I bet a lot of his buyers don't even have access to a scale not to mention other tools such as a Sigma Analytics PMV or XRF. Be careful out there.

Last edited:

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Yeah, seller's pics show a fake.

I sent the seller a message via Ebay reminding that these are legal tender coins and the secret service may not like it selling fake legal tender US coins. Let's see how long this lasts.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Yeah, seller's pics show a fake.

I sent the seller a message via Ebay reminding that these are legal tender coins and the secret service may not like it selling fake legal tender US coins. Let's see how long this lasts.
You're doing God's work!

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Would it do any good to buy 1 then call out the seller if its a fake.
Keep the fake as a sampling tool and get a refund.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Would it do any good to buy 1 then call out the seller if its a fake.
Keep the fake as a sampling tool and get a refund.
Seems like a lot of work just to get a cheap fake. You can simple buy one of those fakes for about 6 bucks from the chins on eBay

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of work just to get a cheap fake. You can simple buy one of those fakes for about 6 bucks from the chins on eBay
Sure, but then your directly spending money with china.
Who knows maybe some good karma points for taking one from a bad seller on Ebay.

GOLDBRIX

'SUSH, MY NEW SAFE HOUSE"
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

IF ( a big "if") the USSA decides to revert to FDR shit and wants PMs turned in for fiat or Digi-dollars the best PMs to have and hold will be constitutional gold and silver coins.
A variety is worth holding just in case they come for the bullions. My WAG / YMMV

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
This was an interesting find... a Half Crown from KGIII period, most likely from the 1817-1820 date range. Got it in a lot of miscel. British, Canadian, Australian coins not long ago which I bought for under melt!!! Unbelievable deal!
:2 thumbs up:

Attachments

• Half Crown KGIII Obv.jpg
    Half Crown KGIII Obv.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 3
  • Half Crown KGIII Rev.jpg
    Half Crown KGIII Rev.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 2

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
IF ( a big "if") the USSA decides to revert to FDR shit and wants PMs turned in for fiat or Digi-dollars the best PMs to have and hold will be constitutional gold and silver coins.
A variety is worth holding just in case they come for the bullions. My WAG / YMMV
Quire frankly, if they do that they can go fuck themselves

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Don't see this everyday... not for $46 shipped anyway. A 2010 US Mint silver proof set OGP but no coins. Yes, for $36 plus $10 for First Class shipping. Yikes! FYI, these go for around $50-55 shipped with coins included. :)

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

somewhere in the recess' of my mind, i'm thinking: if it says USA on it, you didn't make it...the recall says to send it back, it's defective

the rest is private and that's illegal to own...two different standards imho

and if it's for National Security, it's your Duty, especially (mock) as a Patriot, turn your neighbors in...we got a long way to go but a hard push to get there

now, to close that recess, move on to the next one...

:weed:

Don't see this everyday... not for $46 shipped anyway. A 2010 US Mint silver proof set OGP but no coins. Yes, for $36 plus $10 for First Class shipping. Yikes! FYI, these go for around $50-55 shipped with coins included. :)

few things i hate...dishonor is one

this dealer is looking to deceive, that's the worst type of merchant there is...Thieves with No Honor

unfortunately, Capitalism hasn't discovered a method to stop these people, or at least, they're not using what they have, properly...think cold calls, also

Caveat Emptor

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Yeah, right... an authentic 1921 Peace $1 for $40 and change...and two other $1 coins...from Sri Lanka!
What? You don't trust Sri Lankans? Surely you trust eBay!!

Shop with confidence​

eBay Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you ordered or get your money back. Learn more- eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in new window or tab

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
this is how you can get free fakes...buy them, get them, then complain they're not real, COPY is not clearly marked and you want to return the items...

you'll probably get your money back and get to keep the coins

i've also claimed i turned them into the cops, another time the SS...full refund AND several fine chinese examples of forgeries

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
this is how you can get free fakes...buy them, get them, then complain they're not real, COPY is not clearly marked and you want to return the items...

you'll probably get your money back and get to keep the coins

i've also claimed i turned them into the cops, another time the SS...full refund AND several fine chinese examples of forgeries
I did that once and I was required to send back the fake gold buffalo. BTW, I knew it was fake as it was listed for 50 bucks. The system worked and I got my money back. It did cost me some time which is why I don't recommend doing it unless you like rolling the dice and you have the time to waste dealing with the fallout when you receive your pot metal