• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Greener's Humane Horse Killer
Forgotten Weapons

Published on Feb 5, 2016
http://www.rockislandauction.com/view...

Humans have been killing animals for thousands of years, and with the development of the self-contained cartridge, the Greener company started making a compact and efficient Humane Horse Killer. Used by veterinarians for euthanizing creatures (versions were made for pretty much all major domesticated animals), they were made into the 1960s. This type of device is known as a "free-bullet" design because it uses a traditional cartridge, as opposed to the captive-bolt designs which maintain positive control of the lethal end of the device and retract it into the unit after firing.

This particular Greener model is one of the more commonly encountered types, as it was used by the British military (which used horses in great numbers in both World Wars) and was a standard piece of equipment for troops tasked with overseeing care of those horses.

http://www.patreon.com/ForgottenWeapons

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The problem nick. is a horse does not know whats coming and would probably stand quietly while a prisoner already knows what is coming and even immobilized would be attempting to wiggle which could lead to a bad shot and lawsuits by the next of kin.

Personally, if a prisoner did an act so violent or led to another person's INTENTIONAL death I have no problem with the equipment and go for a "Do Over" or two, three or four,... until the prisoner decided to die.

Commie China has the right idea: Lead Therapy - Bullet to the back of the head and bill the family for the bullet. IMO

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
From OP "... as opposed to the captive-bolt designs which maintain positive control of the lethal end of the device and retract it into the unit after firing."...

I've used these in my youth working in an abattoir. Their problem lies in a misplaced shot. If the beast rears or butts the piece the firing could leve one pissed off beast with a blood nose and definitely gun shy from the point on.
One incident that occurred to me was : While "knocking" a 2600 lbs bull one time the dam- plunger rod / bolt stuck in the skull. The shot dropped the bull straight down but it also took the Knocking Gun with him to the bottom of the chute.
Fortunately we had a loaded back-up. When the bull rolled out of the chute he began to get back up. I grabbed the bull's ear, Pulled the used gun out, while a co-worker handed me the back-up. Mission Complete.
That was a scary moment thinking a pissed-off bull could have been running around on the Kill Floor and me just being a statistic on why NOT to work in a slaughterhouse.