• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Gresham's Law and Seigniorage made me do it

Fatrat

Silver Miner
Well done, I never tried very hard so I didn't find any...

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
A glutton for punishment you are needler. Good Luck.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
sitting in my basement

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
looks like a lotta work for $25.00...

If work is coin roll hunting while watching netflix id quit my framing job.

Really took little resources. Ordered the coin and pick up when I cash my check. I only hunt in my spare free time. obviously my day job pays more.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
The problem for me needles, is that I was 20 years old in 1964. So coin roll hunting is kind of a not-what-it-used-to-be type of deal for me. I grabbed 'em in the early years (up to the early 70s) whenever I saw or heard them. Fun days, those... <sniff>

and the other thing — I hate television
:Happy:
BF

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
My dad was born 1965 and I was negative 25. I say the same about coin roll hunting then. Even though it's dried up compared to then fact of the matter is I'm still pulling silver at face value in 2018. Not about to stop either.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Hummm...
Started collecting real money early, yer right on track then. Keep stackin when the price is right.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
If work is coin roll hunting while watching netflix id quit my framing job.

Really took little resources. Ordered the coin and pick up when I cash my check. I only hunt in my spare free time. obviously my day job pays more.
Bah blah blah, say it straight, it's all about the RUSH man! :p

...and the lasting vibes of scoring FREE SILVER! :dancing guy

It aint free gold, but we're just barbarians and pirates and will take what we can get.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I'm working on free gold. I just purchased two metal detectors and used to metal detect a few years back. Plus I have other sources I can't yet reveal.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
All well and good but very rare--- so now is the time to pile nickels and pre 82 pennies and 25 years from now they will be just like silver was in 1980.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I just ordered Koin tubes for dimes, nickels and half dollars Five of each using my ebay bucks for $1.xx off lol. Got it for like $7 on ebay.

. I will be going through at least one box of each denomination a week. I'll keep you guys updated on my finds.

I just can't do pennies. Dimes are small enough as is and I'm not after errors or key dates. Just stacking silver. Silver also takes up a lot of space. I don't have the space to store pennies in the pounds.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I got my coin tubes today and stopped at the bank for some coin. Got a box of dimes and 7 rolls of half dollars. I already opened the half's. I got 6 more Kennedy 40%s I already mixed up the years with my last ones and with only 5 years I can't tell which are the ones I got today. 4 short of a tube of 40%s. Pretty happy. All the junk silver I own was bought at face value coin roll hunting. Helps makes up for the dips when I stack.

I do have another two boxes of half dollars and box of dimes on order.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Went to the bank again today since I had the day off again and had some banks holding small amounts of half dollars. Went to pick them up and stopped at another bank I'm with and they had some rolls and loose ones. I saw some of the loose ones were silver. As I'm doing this transaction a elderly man is turning in $1,500 in half dollars. I was going to take them but spoke to him and he said it was all cherry picked for silver. So i took the loose ones they had and the rolls prior to what he turned in.

Ended up with 28 40% kennedy half dollars. In pic is my old tube missing 4 from a full roll as stated in my last post. I still haven't pulled a 1970 or any 90% pre 1965. I do have another two boxes on order still. Tomorrow a box of halfs and dimes and Tuesday another box of halfs.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Scored 3 more Kennedy 40% half's from my box last night and 1 Roosevelt dime. I should have more boxes on Friday.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
My banks treats me right.
Have a unrolled 40% ended unopened still too.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I wonder in the future, will people be hunting for 82 pennies?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I do it now, just for kicks and for the principle of it, I dump my pocket change every day and pull the pre 83s. And I pull all nickels, too. Got a big piggy bank that's about half full.

I found an old (nearly worthless) Eisenhower dollar a few weeks ago, tried to get rid of it at my Local Wallyworld. The punkass cashier girl with purple and green hair and a tongue stud had no idea what it was, she had to call over the supervisor to get the OK.:rotf:

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I do it now, just for kicks and for the principle of it, I dump my pocket change every day and pull the pre 83s. And I pull all nickels., too. Got a big piggy bank that's about half full.
I finally got tired of storing them and so sold about 100 pounds of pre 82's for profit. A guy bought them who wanted to keep them as "preps".

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I weigh my 1982 pennies and discovered that better than 75% are copper.

All well and good but very rare--- so now is the time to pile nickels and pre 82 pennies and 25 years from now they will be just like silver was in 1980.
And 25 years from now I'll be 98 years old, LOL. Still stack my old pennies anyway.

Fatrat

Silver Miner
Preps made of silver, copper, and gold last a loooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg time and like that compact spare I have under the truck, I hope I never need.

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Stack 'em now, before the criminal debasers in DC do away with them.

We all know McCain is brain-dead (almost literally). Never heard of the other guy.

Two senators announce plan to eliminate penny, replace dollar bill with a coin

Apr 2nd 2017 2:41PM
X

Another effort is underway to eliminate the penny and replace the dollar bill with a coin, reports WKYT.

On Wednesday, U.S. Senators John McCain and Mike Enzi announced the reintroduction of the Currency Optimization, Innovation, and National Savings Act of 2017, or the COINS Act for short.

According to a press release about the legislation, they said it would "modernize our currency by moving to a $1 dollar coin, reduce the cost of nickel production and suspend the minting of the penny, which currently costs more than one cent to produce."

The release also emphasized the estimated cost savings of the plan which have been projected to be as high as $16 billion.

18 PHOTOS
The creation of U.S. currency inside the U.S. Mint

The COINS Act had been introduced a few years ago by the two senators and others; it focused on replacing the $1 bill with a coin.
Although it is unclear why that legislation did not pass, the Wall Street Journalpointed out in 2013 that, according to the Federal Reserve, dollar coins were so unpopular that about $1.4 billion worth of them had been produced but were not being used.

A Fed official also suggested at the time that the switchover may not produce any cost savings at all due to increased expenses in other areas.
As for the penny, CNN Money reported last April that it costs 1.4 cents to make each one.

Despite the relatively low utilization rate, one group fighting to keep the penny—funded by the company that makes the metal sheets pennies are cut from—argues that the government will need to issue more nickels which it loses more on per coin—about 2.4 cents each.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...o-eliminate-penny-replace-dollar-bi/22022666/

the_shootist

Molon Labe! Deplorable Dreg!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
unless the $1 coins are made out of silver or gold they're still as worthless as the paper ones

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
unless the $1 coins are made out of silver or gold they're still as worthless as the paper ones
I'll never forget the rigamaroll of the mint shipping presidential $1 coins in any quantity at face value a few years back. Everybody was racking up purchases on their CC''s, turning the newly shipped coins into the bank, and repeating, all the while accumulating points/miles/cash back on the CC's until the mint caught on.

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
And never forget all the multi-million dollar flops and failed US dollar coins of recent years: Susan Anthony, Sacajawea, etc.

It takes a government to lose money minting money out of thin air.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Awesome pirating, needler.

Rumor has it, I'm not the only person round these here parts that crashes banks and asks for halves. 90% has been very scarce. Still finding 40's. Best catch was out of 7 $20.00 rolls, 6 we're duds but one had all but one 40.

I hadn't ordered boxes. Just get as much as I have in my pocket at the time.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
And never forget all the multi-million dollar flops and failed US dollar coins of recent years: Susan Anthony, Sacajawea, etc.

It takes a government to lose money minting money out of thin air.
My banks save the funny money for me. I bought Chinese food with half dollars the other night. These tubes of dollar coins are for flea marketing. I have a handful of Eisenhower dollars and didn't realize they had silver ones in 40% and turned a bunch in only keeping one. Now I have tellers after them for me. I like all the funny money. Here is a 40% half dollar ended with some.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
One of my favorite scores was getting a Barber dime in change from Wendy's. The best part was that it was a register where the change is automatically ejected down a little slide. : )

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Come to think of it, I did find a Walker in a Fed wrap. A teller told me how an old lady cashed in $200.00 face of Beji's. Lady was urged repeatedly to bring them to a coin shop but she was having none of that. Made me jealous of the teller.

Where do you dump the duds, needler? I bring mine to the banks I know scan what they get.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Come to think of it, I did find a Walker in a Fed wrap. A teller told me how an old lady cashed in $200.00 face of Beji's. Lady was urged repeatedly to bring them to a coin shop but she was having none of that. Made me jealous of the teller.

Where do you dump the duds, needler? I bring mine to the banks I know scan what they get.
I specifically asked a bank if I could use them as a dump bank for coin collecting if I let them hold some monies. They said as long as I don't open it and close it right away it's ok. So i dump multiple boxes a week between two branches which is a whole other different bank then I buy coin from.

I've been told before when buying coin that either they don't want to take it back or they wouldn't which I think was made up. I get some tellers that are very supportive and go out there way to get me coin and some look at it like a inconvenience.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
called one of my local banks on my day off today and they had seven rolls turned in. Found 4 silvers today. Two 1967 40$ Kennedy and a walking liberty and Franklin. Pic with today's finds and two unopened enders from my last box that I'm saving.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Yeah buddy. Interesting penny. I found a few rolls that had dollar coins. Guessing the people just thought they needed to make the roll look full. Did a couple of rolls search today. Nothing good.