• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Gun show April 10

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I went to a gun show Sat and can report there was lots of ammo. I didn't buy any but I was tempted.

I did find some large pistol primers and picked up 2000 of those, Also some powder for pistol cartridge reloading.

At one of the Glock armorers I bought a 9mm barrel for my G23. I haven't tried it out yet but it is installed. Hope to get to the range one day soon.

I saw about three rifles I kind of fondled for a while but didn't bring any of them home. The first was a 1903 A3, don't have one but would like to. I just don't want to pay that much. Second was an M1 Carbine. Didn't take enough money for that one either. The last was bolt action 50 BMG. Been wanting one of those for a long time. I don't have any rich uncles that will be leaving me any money.

Can't think of anything else, unless it would be an AR. I saw a good deal on 1000 rds of Lake City 5.56 and thought about picking some of that up, but I don't have anything that shoots that caliber. Lots of 7.62x39, but I rarely shoot that, only one rifle, an SKS that shoots it and I'd rather shoot my M1 Garand.

I did join the GOA while there. Gonna let my NRA membership run out when it comes due.

GoldWampum

Midas Member
Midas Member
thanks for the report Lt Dan..

skyvike

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
GIM Hall Of Fame
Thanks for the report, Eltee.

i'm pretty sure I get why you're giving the NRA the boot.

Care to share your thoughts about GOA?

;-)

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
On the GOA. The dues were only $20 and the guy gave me a book "Safeguarding Liberty", two videos (one was "Fall of the Republic") and a news letter. They just seemed to be more Libertarian leaning. I watched part of the video and started reading the book. GOA seems to understand what the second amendment means, can't say that about the NRA.

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
+ 1 on GOA vs NRA!

I am proud to say that I have never contributed a penny to NRA.

Only GOA and JPFO get my hard earned cash!

I always patronize the local gun show, if only to keep the promoter in business. One of these days, if my wife gets her way, I will have to set up a table and be one of those guys selling ammo and spare parts.

ctrl-z

Seeker
Seeker
Site Supporter ++
Thanks for the report Dan, always good to hear what is going on at shows around the country.

And as a possible hijack could someone please start a thread on the NRA VS other gun groups? I have read bits and pieces on here (gim) about it before, and would like to have better info about this to talk with other people.

Also I have been looking at local gun clubs and they all have being a member of the NRA as a requirement to join. Has anyone else run into this? Have you been able to get them to accept membership in one of these other groups instead?

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
If the gun club I belong to started requiring me to belong to the NRA or any other national organization, they'd not get anymore of my money. I'd find somewhere else to shoot. The day the NRA went on record against Veterans owning guns, was the last straw for me. Their whole game is compromise, what part of, "shell not infringe," do they not understand?

skyvike

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
GIM Hall Of Fame
If the gun club I belong to started requiring me to belong to the NRA or any other national organization, they'd not get anymore of my money. I'd find somewhere else to shoot. The day the NRA went on record against Veterans owning guns, was the last straw for me. Their whole game is compromise, what part of, "shell not infringe," do they not understand?
Hey Eltee,

I know I'm being lazy and I should know but do you have a reference for the "NRA against Vets owning guns" statement?

I know a certain NRA life member who looks a lot like me who needs to see that info....

Skyvike,

Here's what he's talking about. http://www.redpills.org/?p=731

Ive got mixed feelings about maintaining my NRA membership. They don't do much good for us, but they are the biggest and best known gun group. As such, their membership numbers are seen as an indicator of the health of the gun rights lobby. If JPFO goes from 100,000 to 1,000,000 that's great. But if at the same time, the NRA goes from 6,000,000 to 5,500,000 the headline will be: "Support drops for gun ownership." Even though the total numbers in a national gun club has gone up by 300,000. For this reason, I have recently joined JPFO and GOA, but have not let my NRA membership lapse yet. Maybe I will in the future, but I'm not ready to do so yet, just because so many people are followers and keeping the NRA membership high might help with public opinion.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Thanks horseshoe3, I knew there was a bill, but most NRA members wouldn't realize that it was directed at veterans. Most also do not realize that the NRA has been involved with writing every gun control law on the books since the gun control bill of 1968. I'm learning.

skyvike

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
GIM Hall Of Fame
Thanks, Gents.

;-)