• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

H. R. 5404

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Link: http://republicbroadcasting.org/news/h-r-5404-to-define-the-dollar-as-a-fixed-weight-of-gold/

was up early and found this and am thinking first texas and their depository and how this house resolution...hummmm, me thinks a reset might be coming but then what do I know?

Anywhoo….din't um? wasn't it Nixon who dumped the gold out of currency because banks were coming to collect with all the paper they were holding? I should put this in the gold section but I think it is more political if it ever gets going at all.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Constitutional Authority Statement Close
[Congressional Record Volume 164, Number 50 (Thursday, March 22, 2018)]
From the Congressional Record Online through the Government Publishing Office [www.gpo.gov]
By Mr. MOONEY of West Virginia:
H.R. 5404.
Congress has the power to enact this legislation pursuant
to the following:
Article 1, Section 8, Clause 5 of the U.S. Constitution
[Page H2043]

About Constitutional Authority Statements
On January 5, 2011, the House of Representatives adopted an amendment to House Rule XII. Rule XII, clause 7(c) requires that, to be accepted for introduction by the House Clerk, all bills (H.R.) and joint resolutions (H.J.Res.) must provide a document stating "as specifically as practicable the power or powers granted to Congress in the Constitution to enact the bill or joint resolution."

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
March 22, 2018

Mr. Mooney of West Virginia introduced the following bill