• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Handgun Law in US

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Like gold, we another "old relic" "Shall not be infringed".
This is why I no longer support the NRA, they have done little to nothing to prevent the "mission creep" of Second Amendment INFRINGEMENT !!!

in·fringe·ment
inˈfrinjmənt/
noun
noun: infringement; plural noun: infringements
  1. 1.
    the action of breaking the terms of a law, agreement, etc.; violation.
    "copyright infringement"
  2. 2.
    the action of limiting or undermining something.
    "the infringement of the right to privacy"

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Like gold, we another "old relic" "Shall not be infringed".
This is why I no longer support the NRA, they have done little to nothing to prevent the "mission creep" of Second Amendment INFRINGEMENT !!!

in·fringe·ment
inˈfrinjmənt/
noun
noun: infringement; plural noun: infringements
  1. 1.
    the action of breaking the terms of a law, agreement, etc.; violation.
    "copyright infringement"
  2. 2.
    the action of limiting or undermining something.
    "the infringement of the right to privacy"
I have to disagree with you, Taezzar. I think if there were no NRA, our right to own and carry would have been a distant memory by now. They have made mistakes, but have also presented a solid wall of opposition to anti-gun legislation for many decades. The NRA's power is only as forceful as their membership and the average person who backs them up, at least in spirit. I will also add that it's no accident that we are virtually the only remaining country where the people haven't been effectively stripped of their gun rights.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I have to disagree with you, Taezzar. I think if there were no NRA, our right to own and carry would have been a distant memory by now. They have made mistakes, but have also presented a solid wall of opposition to anti-gun legislation for many decades. The NRA's power is only as forceful as their membership and the average person who backs them up, at least in spirit. I will also add that it's no accident that we are virtually the only remaining country where the people haven't been effectively stripped of their gun rights.
I "stick to my guns", the NRA is all about $$$$$$ & compromise. They play the game with the government, both ignoring the Second Amendment.
If the NRA did their job properly, we would have defeated all the UNCONSTITUTIONAL legislation (I will not call then laws) that has been shoved down our throats & up our collective asses.
I would gladly give $100/year, forever, if the NRA would just do what the claim to be doing.

Now I will agree with you, that without the NRA, our right to own and carry would have been a distant memory by now. BUT that does not, by any means, excuse them from not taking the government to task for unconstitutional legislation.
Further, the NRA should be filing law suites against the legislators for violation of their oath of office. A few of those & the issue would be solved AND that is what the NRA is afraid to do. If they solve the problem, THEN, there is no need for them, in their view point.
I suggest, however, that the members, some how, pledge to support them AFTER they have done their job.
The NRA does not do their job to the proper extent that they claim !!!

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
My version of the nra is simple, they do what it politically expedient, rather than what is right,

Then they couch in a whole bunch of 'we did our jobs' prose with their literature, never realizing that they fail to remember what their true founding principles were.

currently they are nothing but political opportunists, employing a whole host of people to pester our congressman under the guise of standing up for our freedoms.

there is really only one question for them IMO, 'how much of my $1 goes to actually protecting the 2nd?'.

it became a corporation, then it became about education, then it became about safety, then it became about...............

a whole host of political feel good nonsense

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
I'm sure that the city has its own ban regardless of what the state says.
How about all of the cities surrounding Chicago?
Are they "shall issue"?
Does Chicago recognize CCWs from other parts of the state?

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Chicago is an official gun free zone.
Sadly, in reality this means "law abiding citizens disarmed zone"
Ebie, it is, sadly, an easy target for the criminal & they know it!
Would you put a sign in your yard that reads:
This home is a gun free zone? I didn't think so.