• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Happy to be here

Shootist's Better Half

Married to an old, dangerous, pasty white guy
Hi all,

My hubby (the_shootist) recommended that I join this forum to find like minded people who are openly discussing the current political landscape and other topics. (And I'm sure he's tired of telling me that there's too much to explain when I ask him what he thinks is going on - LOL) I'm registered Independent but am conservative leaning. I really don't know what to believe anymore but lately I've removed "well that will never happen" from my vocabulary. I refuse to watch the news and since many social networks are either being taken down or culled to suit one way thinking, here I am.

I'm no stranger to forums as I was an Moderator & Admin on two tropical fish forums for many years. I really enjoyed my time on both and probably saved a lot of fish from imminent death and poor conditions but since the sites were "family friendly", we had a lot of younger members so even a symbol (for example $hit) was deemed implied swearing and we had to take action. So I spent most of my time removing, editing, PM'ing, etc... and all the fun of being part of a fish loving community was taken out of it for me.

I'm looking forward to real adult conversation here.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Welcome. It's sure a confusing time with lots of misinformation everywhere one looks, but careful research and a critical eye can help one to dismiss most fake news fairly quickly.

the_shootist

Old (not THAT old), but dangerous, pasty white guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Welcome aboard

do you think a cup of coffee would calm shootie down a little?....

and can you confirm that he has over 1000’ feet of 3/4” inch hemp,rope?

thanks
Here's part of it
swinging noose.gif

chrisflhtc

Seeker
Sr Site Supporter
Welcome
Shootist's Better Half

Buck

Don't Sell Me Tomorrow, Tell Me Today!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
LOL, why?

LOL, WHY???

LEAVE, RIGHT NOW, it's going to be for the best...for you, save yourself, RUN!

:welcome:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Welcome to the board.

There's all manner of discussion here. You have to put on a shield of armor for some of it.

We do have womenfolk here, but they tend to lay low....

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Hi all,

My hubby (the_shootist) recommended that I join this forum to find like minded people who are openly discussing the current political landscape and other topics. (And I'm sure he's tired of telling me that there's too much to explain when I ask him what he thinks is going on - LOL) I'm registered Independent but am conservative leaning. I really don't know what to believe anymore but lately I've removed "well that will never happen" from my vocabulary. I refuse to watch the news and since many social networks are either being taken down or culled to suit one way thinking, here I am.

I'm no stranger to forums as I was an Moderator & Admin on two tropical fish forums for many years. I really enjoyed my time on both and probably saved a lot of fish from imminent death and poor conditions but since the sites were "family friendly", we had a lot of younger members so even a symbol (for example $hit) was deemed implied swearing and we had to take action. So I spent most of my time removing, editing, PM'ing, etc... and all the fun of being part of a fish loving community was taken out of it for me.

can i keep a clown knife in a 5 gallon tank?

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Welcome Better Half! I'm pretty certain that you are the better half given your tag description.
Sometime please share with us one of Shootie's more embarrassing moments.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Welcome Better Half! I'm pretty certain that you are the better half given your tag description.
Sometime please share with us one of Shootie's more embarrassing moments.
Don't do it darling!!!

Last edited:

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
moaning Lisa? yes I had to go look.

Hey Girlie we be not brain dead but harbingers of dead brains. And, still we know how to fish, tie fishing knots but yet we cannot keep from losing our shit in boats on a lake; yet all the fishing tackle makes it back?

it's a wonderment I tell ya.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Not typically my style. But how brutal are you menfolk in these here parts?
Oh, we're brutal. We swing a mean keystroke...

Seriously. We have all kinds, here, from the indigent, to the drunken, to those with off-center views. You just have to remember...this being online, a lot of social nicety isn't shared, and people are a bit more direct.

Some things are shocking. Some are nonsense. And sometimes, a lack of enthusiasm for a trend, an event, will be taken negatively.

You have to grow a thick skin; but so far, nobody's reached through the monitor to slug me. Even though some may have wanted to...

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Seriously. We have all kinds, here, from the indigent, to the drunken, to those with off-center views. You just have to remember...this being online, a lot of social nicety isn't shared, and people are a bit more direct.

Some things are shocking. Some are nonsense. And sometimes, a lack of enthusiasm for a trend, an event, will be taken negatively.

You have to grow a thick skin; but so far, nobody's reached through the monitor to slug me. Even though some may have wanted to...
She's well prepared...she's married to me! As a result I can tell you with a high degree of confidence that she's a force to be reckoned with.

Thanks for the wise words Casey

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Welcome. Mis information is everywhere, its one of our biggest modern day challenges honestly, and dont be surprised if you find plenty here as well.

Shootist's Better Half

Shootist's Better Half

It's all good. Thanks for the cliff notes.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
welcome.........to un-censorship..... there is a huge cumulative knowledge and experience base here to draw from and add to......but as others have said thick skin is necessary as politically correctness is not practiced here......we are all good folks inspite of ourselves.....my female fractional unit could also deal with this forum but she is still utilizing her perceptive and management skills in the real world.....

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
i feed my fish 5 times per day. is that enough?

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Hi all,

Hello!
A most warm and gracious welcome to you Mrs. Ziti! It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

I must say I've heard very little about you.....

That said however, very few people are brave and confident enough to enter this digital auditorium of grouchy, loud-mouthed pontificators, let alone announce their presence and introduce themselves in such an open confident manner.

So, that said, you have already earned my respect right there.

Furthermore, having gotten to know your husband over the past few years on here, I can confidently say that you may very well be the strongest, most tolerant woman to live East of the Mississippi! :D. :p

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Welcome,

If you hate Jews and blacks as much as your “partner” you’ll fit in real nice around here.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Don't mind the grade D trolls like Mr puppydice, our resident motivational speaker and self anointed minister of truth.& fine arts. They are few and far between and this one is by far the least creative and least entertaining.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Welcome to you, Mrs. Shooter. Enjoy yourself here! This place can be a lot of fun and enlightening at times, too. Also maddening, but you’ve probably had some of that on the “fish forum.”

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
WOW!! I am glad to make yer acquaintance. :beer:

Quoting for truth:

welcome.........to un-censorship..... there is a huge cumulative knowledge and experience base here to draw from and add to......but as others have said thick skin is necessary as politically correctness is not practiced here......we are all good folks inspite of ourselves.....my female fractional unit could also deal with this forum but she is still utilizing her perceptive and management skills in the real world.....
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is the most savvy crowd with eclectic Ph.D-level knowledge scattered all through it. The most esoteric information is on sumbody's fingie-tips, ready to help. I've never seen anything like this site.

And I am older than my grandmother.

Yer Hubsind and Himself think purty much alike. I would love it if my Scottish Witchie-Poo would join, too... but alas, somebody has to run the house, do the chores, whatever. :don't know:

BackwardsEngineeer

Total curmudgeon
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Welcome aboard... all good around here, occasional bursts of testosterone aside a pretty cool place to hang out...

Side note... Romper room has little to do with Miss barbara and being a good Do Bee as it does being a guy and smoking a doobie....

Shootist's Better Half

Hello!
having gotten to know your husband over the past few years on here, I can confidently say that you may very well be the strongest, most tolerant woman to live East of the Mississippi! :D. :p
Oh for sure. And I think shooty will be the first one to agree :)

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Buck

Don't Sell Me Tomorrow, Tell Me Today!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
if she qualifies, we could always use another 'leader' around here...

lend her your pants for a bit, would ya?

:green tea:

let's find out

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
if she qualifies, we could always use another 'leader' around here...

lend her your pants for a bit, would ya?

:green tea:

let's find out
Trust me, she has her own pants!