• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Happy to be here

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Welcome from an old bird. Hope you enjoy your stay. Don't be a wall flower.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

the_shootist

Old (not THAT old), but dangerous, pasty white guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Geeez, I'm late to the party.
Not typically my style. But how brutal are you menfolk in these here parts?
Brutal, NAWWW, just belligerently opinionated.
Welcome aboard the funny farm, Mrs. Better Half.
If the ol' man get's outa hand, kick'em in the other knee !!!:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Shootist's Better Half

Married to an old, dangerous, pasty white guy
Geeez, I'm late to the party.

Brutal, NAWWW, just belligerently opinionated.
Welcome aboard the funny farm, Mrs. Better Half.
If the ol' man get's outa hand, kick'em in the other knee !!!:rotf::rotf::rotf:
All joking aside, you were really helpful with surgery and recovery expectations. I thank you.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

gliddenralston

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I tried to think of something, brilliant, witty, complementary, pleasant, about your hubby...ya, I got nothin. Welcome to you anyway, nice people around here, enjoy your stay.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Welcome to the site. Anyone who can put up with shootie's shit can make it here. Fucker wants to hang everybody...........sheesh...........:hang:

I am an aquaphile too, currently running 8- 20 longs, containing mostly brochis and cory colonies. I would have more tanks, but id probably have to get divorced first.

Shootist's Better Half

Welcome to the site. Anyone who can put up with shootie's shit can make it here. Fucker wants to hang everybody...........sheesh...........:hang:

I am an aquaphile too, currently running 8- 20 longs, containing mostly brochis and cory colonies. I would have more tanks, but id probably have to get divorced first.
Nice! I downsized a while back because I was stuffing a tank into every spare foot of geography. I had to save ALL the bettas - LOL. Now I've got a 75 gallon community and 3 betta tanks. I just broke down a 10 gallon quarantine today so I don't buy more fish.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Nice! I downsized a while back because I was stuffing a tank into every spare foot of geography. I had to save ALL the bettas - LOL. Now I've got a 75 gallon community and 3 betta tanks. I just broke down a 10 gallon quarantine today so I don't buy more fish.
Feel free to start a fish thread of post one offs in the Random Pictures Thread - https://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/the-new-random-pictures-thread.290548/

I, and i'm sure others would be happy to see.

I mean shoot, you've only been here five minutes and you've already brought out a hidden facet in Coyote Coopersmith.

Last edited:

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Welcome here, the place needs female perspective as a larger percentage of the mix. There are a few women currently posting but we definitely need more. Happy to see you here.

It would be cool to have my wife to post here but even on her best day she wasn't politically attuned and to what extent she was---- The first time I walked into her house there was a poster on her wall which said, "Friends don't let friends vote republican." I'm sorta surprised we got married, I was late 40's after a long term marriage breakup. She told me that she almost got physically sick when she saw the contents of my gun safe. She got over it though and is a better pistol shot that I am.

Now, it's sorta moot since she has Alzheimer's.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
i empty my tanks, wash them with bleach and windex, and refill them with fresh tap water every 6 weeks

should i do it more often?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
i empty my tanks, wash them with bleach and windex, and refill them with fresh tap water every 6 weeks

uhoh! You do realize you're pulling a thread on a lady who's known in these parts by her alias; Fishy Mommy, right? :blond:

historyrepete

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Welcome here, the place needs female perspective as a larger percentage of the mix. There are a few women currently posting but we definitely need more. Happy to see you here.

It would be cool to have my wife to post here but even on her best day she wasn't politically attuned and to what extent she was---- The first time I walked into her house there was a poster on her wall which said, "Friends don't let friends vote republican." I'm sorta surprised we got married, I was late 40's after a long term marriage breakup. She told me that she almost got physically sick when she saw the contents of my gun safe. She got over it though and is a better pistol shot that I am.

Your neat post suddenly turned sad. I'm sorry for the predicament. I wish you well

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

See, told ya Mrs Z!

Shootist's Better Half

It's a mystery of what brings people together sometimes. Thanks for the welcome and I'm sorry that you're both dealing with this awful condition :(

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Welcome
But darn, I'm going to have to tone down my tasteless jokes...

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I useta have a 50 and a 75 gallon salt-water tank group set up in an "L". Every single thing in those tanks was hand-caught.

That made it fun. We quickly learned to separate certain creatchy-poos. For instance, a juvenile trigger fish (1") will attack a baby sting ray (8") until the sting ray dies.

Or a shovel-nosed lobster cannot be with a fringed scallop. <-- lunch in under a minute -- the lobster has pointy toes like rose thorns. He can pry open a big oyster in no time. So we had a "Baby" tank and a "Killer" tank.

LATE EDIT ADD: If you are ever in the Floriduh Keys and are snorkeling in about 2-4 feet of water, you will see lots of 1-2 inch clam shells. Gently pick them up... by the time you get to the tenth one, you will see a tweeny widdoo octopus trying to hold the two clamshells together. Put the undisturbed octopus-holder in your zip-loc bag and take him home.

I came home with about a dozen one day. Put them in the Baby tank and the Killer tank. Reason: they hide really well.

Next morning, five of them had crawled out of the tanks and were several feet away on the floor. cool:

Last edited:

Shootist's Better Half

I useta have a 50 and a 75 gallon salt-water tank group set up in an "L". Every single thing in those tanks was hand-caught.

That made it fun. We quickly learned to separate certain creatchy-poos. For instance, a juvenile trigger fish (1") will attack a baby sting ray (8") until the sting ray dies.

Or a shovel-nosed lobster cannot be with a fringed scallop. <-- lunch in under a minute -- the lobster has pointy toes like rose thorns. He can pry open a big oyster in no time. So we had a "Baby" tank and a "Killer" tank.
You're much more adventurous than I am. It sounds intriguing and horrifying at the same time :)

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

It appears you might need to start your own fishie thread hon!
1610727064784.png

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
That's what I'm say-ing

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Shootist's Better Half

This will give me incentive to sort through the hundreds (probably thousands) of fish pictures I have >_<
I threw one of my past betta boys out there for now. Thanks for getting it started.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
My mother's cat used to go fishing, in my brother's aquarium.

No pic. This was back almost 50 years ago...the cat, the fish, and just about everyone, are all gone now. But, when I think of aquariums, I just recall that big tomcat (over 15 pounds; he was padded but by no means fat) trying to perch up alongside the glass tank, finding the leverage to reach in.

It was on top of a small bookcase; and that cat must have been over 18 inches long. Standing there on three feet, and trying to reach in, was a challenge.

Shootist's Better Half

My mother's cat used to go fishing, in my brother's aquarium.

No pic. This was back almost 50 years ago...the cat, the fish, and just about everyone, are all gone now. But, when I think of aquariums, I just recall that big tomcat (over 15 pounds; he was padded but by no means fat) trying to perch up alongside the glass tank, finding the leverage to reach in.

It was on top of a small bookcase; and that cat must have been over 18 inches long. Standing there on three feet, and trying to reach in, was a challenge.
Fish tanks are definitely cat crack. Too bad no one had a Polaroid land camera handy.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Oh, my old man did. The old kind, not the SX70 (he got one of those, later). But Polaroids were for Special Events - and he was no cat lover. A special event for him, would have been the cat getting out and never coming back.

Oddly, when that cat came down with feline leukemia about twelve years later, he almost had come to like it. But by then we were all gone, and the fish were just a memory.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Hi all,

My hubby (the_shootist) recommended that I join this forum to find like minded people who are openly discussing the current political landscape and other topics. (And I'm sure he's tired of telling me that there's too much to explain when I ask him what he thinks is going on - LOL) I'm registered Independent but am conservative leaning. I really don't know what to believe anymore but lately I've removed "well that will never happen" from my vocabulary. I refuse to watch the news and since many social networks are either being taken down or culled to suit one way thinking, here I am.

I'm no stranger to forums as I was an Moderator & Admin on two tropical fish forums for many years. I really enjoyed my time on both and probably saved a lot of fish from imminent death and poor conditions but since the sites were "family friendly", we had a lot of younger members so even a symbol (for example $hit) was deemed implied swearing and we had to take action. So I spent most of my time removing, editing, PM'ing, etc... and all the fun of being part of a fish loving community was taken out of it for me.

I'm looking forward to real adult conversation here.
Welcome SBH, We have few females roaming here, opining, and providing items they find interesting. Enjoy the swim this water is warm all year around. gb