• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

has anyone else not received their federal tax return yet?

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I tried to call the IRS and got nowhere. I put in info and it said they found no info. The returns were mailed in. At this point I'm not they were received. There does not seem to be a number to talk to a human/ Any suggestions?

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
There was another thread on here about how screwed up the IRS is right now. Especially for anything that was done via paper.

Avalon

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
There was another thread on here about how screwed up the IRS is right now. Especially for anything that was done via paper.
thanks, ill see if I can find it. its crazy, you have no way to check on it. Can you imagine if the government takes over healthcare.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I tried to call the IRS
I'll bet that was enlightening.

I found that no government personnel answer the phone anymore — everything is "on the internet"
Just check our FAQ...

Avalon

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I'll bet that was enlightening.

I found that no government personnel answer the phone anymore — everything is "on the internet"
Just check our FAQ...
I couldn't find the old thread.

Agavegirl1

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
For paper filed returns and and Amended Returns, expect 9-12 months processing time. If the website indicates no information found, that means it has not even been looked at by a human yet and remains in one of any number of storage facilities including semi trailers parked on IRS property. The IRS will only communicate via mail or Fax right now.

If the website indicates your return is still in process, that means someone looked at it and entered some information and you can you expect it will be slowly processed along with a mass quantities of other returns. expect 12 weeks or more.

You will receive interest for the months of processing time that are excessive based upon the postmarked date on your return.

One reason I retired two months ago, was the disaster the IRS has become.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
My wife does ours electronically. She’s the one with a degree in accounting and it’s only an associates degree from Penn State, but my accounting skills are the equivalent of the Mickey Mouse club. Anyway, this year, she totally made a mess of it. Her Mom’s been declining in the nursing home and we finally lost her, two days ago, but my wife’s mind had been a disaster, worrying over her Mom. They owed us about $1,000, as far as I could tell, but my wife filed a claim for almost $4,000. The months passed and we heard nothing from them, of course and we couldn’t contact them at all. Then, magically, it shows up in our checking account, the first of September. Not $1,000. Not $4,000, but $2700, or thereabouts. I just hope it’s right. I don’t want to see a letter from them in five years, asking for $4,000 interest.

Avalon

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
For paper filed returns and and Amended Returns, expect 9-12 months processing time. If the website indicates no information found, that means it has not even been looked at by a human yet and remains in one of any number of storage facilities including semi trailers parked on IRS property. The IRS will only communicate via mail or Fax right now.

If the website indicates your return is still in process, that means someone looked at it and entered some information and you can you expect it will be slowly processed along with a mass quantities of other returns. expect 12 weeks or more.

You will receive interest for the months of processing time that are excessive based upon the postmarked date on your return.

One reason I retired two months ago, was the disaster the IRS has become.
Thank you, that was very informative... so I am in the category of a human has not looked at the return yet.

Avalon

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
My wife does ours electronically. She’s the one with a degree in accounting and it’s only an associates degree from Penn State, but my accounting skills are the equivalent of the Mickey Mouse club. Anyway, this year, she totally made a mess of it. Her Mom’s been declining in the nursing home and we finally lost her, two days ago, but my wife’s mind had been a disaster, worrying over her Mom. They owed us about $1,000, as far as I could tell, but my wife filed a claim for almost $4,000. The months passed and we heard nothing from them, of course and we couldn’t contact them at all. Then, magically, it shows up in our checking account, the first of September. Not $1,000. Not $4,000, but $2700, or thereabouts. I just hope it’s right. I don’t want to see a letter from them in five years, asking for $4,000 interest.
I'm sorry for you lose. Hopefully you won't hear from them. It would be delightful if we did away with the IRS and The Federal Reserve.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
We got a letter from the infernal rev. dept. claiming that we did not enclose 2 forms.
I contacted our "tax man" to find that he had retired, and got the new guy.
I explained that we , in fact, DID supply the forms to him & that they are in OUR COPY OF THE FILED RETURN.
He said that the irs is overloaded and it could be a month or 2 before we hear from them & even longer to resolve their problem !!
How much would we be fined if our responses were months out ????
This is a good friend of ours & the wheelchair is real.
irs Billy - Copy.png

Avalon

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
We got a letter from the infernal rev. dept. claiming that we did not enclose 2 forms.
I contacted our "tax man" to find that he had retired, and got the new guy.
I explained that we , in fact, DID supply the forms to him & that they are in OUR COPY OF THE FILED RETURN.
He said that the irs is overloaded and it could be a month or 2 before we hear from them & even longer to resolve their problem !!
How much would we be fined if our responses were months out ????
This is a good friend of ours & the wheelchair is real.
Just wait till the government takes over healthcare. They can apply their efficiency and speed to healthcare.

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
IRS wants you to file electronically, which is why I mail an extension, and 5 or 6 months later, a return.