• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Has ANYONE else noticed ?

GOLDBRIX

'SUSH, MY NEW SAFE HOUSE"
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
When you go to Latest post ( far right) sometimes when you highlight the subject line and click you get sent to the first post of the topic and not to the post of the last respondent / poster listed there on Latest post.
It is not a problem just a little irritating at times.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
:don't know: I dunno WTF you mean. This is too complex for those of us who are click-limited.

the_shootist

I identify as fully vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
When you go to Latest post ( far right) sometimes when you highlight the subject line and click you get sent to the first post of the topic and not to the post of the last respondent / poster listed there on Latest post.
It is not a problem just a little irritating at times.
Once in a while but not as a rule. I usually click on the time link to the far right and it takes me to the last post but sometimes it takes me to a previous post in the thread and I have to scroll down to the bottom.

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
:don't know: I dunno WTF you mean. This is too complex for those of us who are click-limited.

I'm too stoned to understand what he was writing about.
-posting for my neighbor.

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
Reaction score
Somethin about hackers have replaced his critical thinking frontal lobes with an NSA algo-chip and we are all going to Hell

Reminds me, we may need a bigger senility sub forum in the future as you old buggers are proving just too hard to kill off.

Murder Hornet? NOPE Covid 19? not gonna do it Riots and gmo corn? not yet

I got it: Old folks home / the final solution. :D

chrisflhtc

Seeker
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
It seems that the forum sometimes forgets where you were last you visited.:tired: it happens to me a lot.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I got it: Old folks home / the final solution.
ONLY for GIMMERs. When we get mad at another member it breaks out in a Food fight in the cafeteria.
OR
Plastic Wrap under the toilet seat. Jus' Sayin'

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
Reaction score
I propose a new subforum : JURASSIC PARK
1598246362348.png
anything goes...

Blow off some more steam before going extinct :p

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Ya'll won't miss me when I'm gone.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
It seems that the forum sometimes forgets where you were last you visited.:tired: it happens to me a lot.
That's me and it's frustrating. I'll have just been on the last page of a thread & the next time I open it, it sends me to the first post again.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
Reaction score
Ya'll won't miss me when I'm gone.

Nobody misses anyone around here. Someday they will be using our dry bones as fossil fuel and then life goes on.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Somethin about hackers have replaced his critical thinking frontal lobes with an NSA algo-chip and we are all going to Hell

Reminds me, we may need a bigger senility sub forum in the future as you old buggers are proving just too hard to kill off.

Murder Hornet? NOPE Covid 19? not gonna do it Riots and gmo corn? not yet

I got it: Old folks home / the final solution. :D

Keefie -- I left my mama in an Old Folks Home...

...Wait... It was a rest stop on the New Jersey Parkway OOP. Turnpike.

Last edited:

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
Reaction score
ur now our leader, oh fearless one

anyone with an avatar like that must have some unknown knowledge to share with the rest of the tribe. voodoo no doubt

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The best thing to do is strap them to a cheap lawn chair and pin a note on their collar, "Please Feed", and drop them off at the old folks home on the porch.
Keefie -- I left my mama in an Old Folks Home...

...Wait... It was a rest stop on the New Jersey Parkway.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
by 'Latest post' do you mean 'Jump to new' ??
View attachment 177953
NO, I mean at the main screen, Where the KITCO bug is at the top Right, below the small bugs NEW POSTS and Post Thread, below the Forum Statistics box, below Members Online box is the Latest post box ( That is the area I'm talking about). Usually the last five topics members have responded too.
Sometimes when you click on the topic instead of taking you to the post where the member commented it pops you clear back to the original post of topic.
Right now gringott has a post on this topic. SOMETIMES instead of sending me to read gringott it kicks me to my original post.
It can do this no matter which five topics are in the box AND it does not happen everytime. Most of the time it takes you the member's post you wanted to read.
It happens sporadically, and just irritating to me anyway.

Last edited:

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Okay, the latest posts are quoted on the right side of the main screen, I clicked on your comment and it brought me to your latest post.

You are saying it takes you elsewhere sometimes?

1598271656016.png

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Okay, the latest posts are quoted on the right side of the main screen, I clicked on your comment and it brought me to your latest post.

View attachment 177963
Yes, that happens to me once in a while. I think it happens if I haven't visited the thread before, but I could be wrong.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

View attachment 177963
YES, It takes you back to the original post the member who wrote the topic. SOMETIMES (Like there is a glitch in the system/program).
Say you have been reading a very popular thread some 13-14 or pages of input and comments. A member replies and it shows up in Latest post. Most of the time you will be sent to that member's reply. SOMETIMES you get sent back to Page 1 Post#1 and you have to click back to where you wanted to be in the first place.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
1598278575647.png

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
YES, It takes you back to the original post the member who wrote the topic. SOMETIMES (Like there is a glitch in the system/program).
Say you have been reading a very popular thread some 13-14 or pages of input and comments. A member replies and it shows up in Latest post. Most of the time you will be sent to that member's reply. SOMETIMES you get sent back to Page 1 Post#1 and you have to click back to where you wanted to be in the first place.
Bingo! Though I've mostly gotten used to it, having to navigate with my phone to get to the most recent posts can be a pita. Have to wait for the page to finish loading, scroll all the way down, jump to the last page, wait for that to load, scroll all the way down again... Its 2020 for god sakes

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
rather than that, can't you just click 'new posts' at the top?

I never use it, but many seem to

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

FFWIW, something broke in the cookies or some widget type thing a while back, Scorp. I always click new posts. It is mostly noticed on an iphone using Brave browser. For whatever reason the site isn't recognizing previous visits. I've just learned to deal. It doesn't seem to be as prevalent and may not even exist at all on the laptop.

not saying, just saying.

Fella's, if we are going to whine we need to be more specific about our equipment n stuff. If the problem is only happening on iphones then it is probably an apple issue whereas if it's happening on all platforms it might be a software issue. With all due respect to the mods, all of them are volunteers and I think (guessing here) Hedge is the only one with any formal training. Any specifics about hardware platforms and browsers might help for a quick resolution or... maybe just learn to deal because, maybe not.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
you are exactly right Errosion,

with these things, I always wait for more input to come in, as I watch for what boxes they are using to access,

and as you say, very typically it comes down to a browser, a firewall, a whatever rather than this software

yet, having said that, I have not updated this system/software in about 3 years, and very conceivably there would be bug fixes in that period of time

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
For those of you commenting on the shortcomings of our site...I would suggest a couple of points that may help explain the limitations...

Firstly - this is, for all intents and purposes a low budget operation...
Secondly - this is our site administrator...

1598325611903.png

Any questions?

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Yeah, He probably gets the shit wore out of him dealing with us and the board. Still Appreciated Scorp.
:show love: :computer: :band player 4: Much Love.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
When it does that, try "Jump To New" button at the top.

If you haven't visited a particular thread in awhile (or ever), it takes you to the first post. It's as though it only remembers a certain number of previous threads you've viewed.

I've also noticed that the same thing happens if I quit opening a thread that I get alerts for. After so long, I quit getting alerts for new posts in that thread. Again, I think it's because it only remembers last so many number of threads I've viewed.
....but either wsy, the "Jump to new" button seems to remedy it.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
For those of you commenting on the shortcomings of our site...I would suggest a couple of points that may help explain the limitations...

Firstly - this is, for all intents and purposes a low budget operation...
Secondly - this is our site administrator...

View attachment 178079

Any questions?
Looks like that hind tit is starting to itch again.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
for all intents and purposes a low budget operation...

wrong terminology,

we are 'pre revenue'

ie, we are green lighted for a IPO

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
Reaction score
Well shit. What are ya waiting for Scorpioburg? Its not like you are going to retire anytime soon working here

Of course there will be a board of directors then and the nigger thread will be first to go. along with all the other dinosaurs.

All posts will have a short delay to pass the algo-censors before appearing on the main board.

Its like selling out the corner bar on 'Cheers' to make room on the Internet for another Hard Rock Cafe.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ cha-ching Take the cash, never look back. I've only seen it done about 150 times by better than us.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

I do that.

The irritation for me is the Home button above it. It's the same as the 'Forums' button. If you move the arrow just a smidge high on 'New posts' you get the Home button, i.e., Forums and not 'New posts'

Not really sure what the OP was referring to. Could be my screen is different than his?

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 1.33.43 PM.png

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I do that.

The irritation for me is the Home button above it. It's the same as the 'Forums' button. If you move the arrow just a smidge high on 'New posts' you get the Home button, i.e., Forums and not 'New posts'

Not really sure what the OP was referring to. Could be my screen is different than his?

View attachment 178146
In the most basic sense, when you visited a thread, the thread remembered the last post you read so when you revisited the thread it dropped you right back where you left off. This eliminates the need to look through post's you've already read. In my experience, on the iphone, it drops you on post's you've either already read or, once in a while on the first page of a thread. If I had to guess, I'd say it started happening about three months ago. I'm guessing it isn't an easy fix either because it seems to be intermittent.