• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Has anyone used colloidal silver in nasal rinse?

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I recently had a sinus infection and mixed some colloidal silver into the saline solution I use to wash out my sinuses. When I did so, it burned slightly (the saline alone did NOT burn). The next day, my sinus infection was better (it was not cleared up, but was much better). I'm wondering what caused the burning sensation - was it the colloidal silver / saline mix, or was it something in my sinus cavities that burned?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I've also found that CS heals athlete's foot faster than ANYTHING on the market. The ointments that I have used in the past take anywhere from 10-14 days. I put CS on it and the next day it's 85% better - pretty much gone by day 3.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I Do Not Have a Netty Pot[sp?] or lavage system BUT:

I use a nasal spray bottle that I rinsed out several times then filled/fill with my EIS/CS production. No other ingredients are used or put in the bottle.
I spray my nasal passages before I go to bed every night, two to three squirts in each nostril while inhaling.
I do not get and I do not recall ever any burning sensations.

My WAG ( Wild Ass Guess) is : It is the mixture.
IF I were you I'd find another spray bottle and rinse ,or rinse the "netty pot" well, several times with distilled water, and pour ONLY CS into that bottle/pot and only use that for awhile. My bet is there will be no burning sensation ( Silver is a pain inhibitor).
I'd also put 2-3 drops of CS in each ear and let soak a few minutes each side as some bacteria and viruses incubate in the eustachian tubes that run from the ear to the back of the throat.

On your last statement: I was working the chain gang on a grass field for my son's middle school football team was playing 7 years ago.
A sweep play came right at us ( me and the two other fathers). I ended up getting cleated right on my left big toe in trying to get out of the way of the players. I was wearing sandals as I was not planning on working the chains.
The toe nail was obliterated. I suffered through the rest of the game.

When I got home I got out our foot bath pan, poured about three ounces of 10-15ppm EIS/CS in the pan and filled with tap water enough so that I could submerge the toe, and let it soak in for a half hour. I kept the EIS/CS water and soaked again before I went to bed. Two or three more soaks the next day. I never went to the doctor.
NO INFECTION SET IN.
I did end up losing the toe nail, and the current nail is an ugly reminder I carry with me to this day. BUT ZERO Infection set in.

Last edited:

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
@ Goldbrix, good stuff.... The wife has serious sinus problems. A number of years ago after watching her suffer using over the counter snake oils, I took her to the health food store and purchased CS & olive leaf extract... fixed her right up... She couldnt believe the remedy was so effective, so quickly... We now keep CS & several other nats around for various remedies.

I never thought about CS in the ears.... Great idea & suggestion, gotta try that, as its been very dry here which is stirring up the allergies a bit...

We also supplement with D3, about 10-15k weekly, seems the food supply is lacking enuff vitamin D.... It sure works good for the body.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Yes, I have. I use a SinuPulse (http://www.sinupulse.com/). For me it's one badasskicking device! A little spendy and you MUST clean and dry it after EVERY use but 100% worth the hassle. I recommend warming the water to a comfortable level for your nasal cavity before adding the salt. I usually microwave it for about 15 - 20 seconds.

Using colloidal silver: Do NOT use the salt! The salt and the colloidal silver don't "play nice"together. Do NOT use more than 2 teaspoons of CS solution as it kind of stings. 1 teaspoon is the better choice and rinse your snotlocker once a day, no more than 2 times per day. The CS is VERY effective BUT, you must give it time to work and allow your nasal cavity time to reduce moisture levels to your normal balance as well as allow time for your normal and natural flora & fauna to recover and repopulate your nasal cavity.

Seriously! It seems complex but it is not. This is not a "need to nuke" situation. The CS is, as I said, VERY effective. For my snotlocker I do a CS cleanse today - 1 teaspoon and then the next day I do a regular session using the salt. My nose is happy!

When/if I feel a feel a cold coming on or some other "disturbance in the force" I put a small pan of water on the stove and heat it to where it just starts to steam - NO simmering, definitely NO boiling! I then drop 3 drops of oregano oil into the water, close my eyes, stick my schnoz over the pan and breathe in through my schnoz and exhale through my mouth. CAUTION!!! This WILL sting!!! Breathe in ONLY as long as you personally can stand it for your first couple of breaths. KEEP YOUR FARKIN EYES CLOSED when over the pan!!!! Seriously! Oregano oil burns and is painful in ways you don't even want to imagine. Think of it as the hottest pepper you've ever eaten. This brief flirtation with pain is tolerable once you experience the after effects of being able to breathe freely through your nose. The oregano oil KILLS ANY virii or bacteria in your passages. Use your Kleenex afterwards.

After you've recovered from any unpleasant sensations from the CS and/or the oregano oil you would do well to get outside the house for 1/2 hour or so for the fresh air. Between treatments I will eat spicier peppers like red bell, jalapeño or habanero as these cause my sinuses to flow and help cleanse and moisturize the nasal passages.

I do absolutely none of this on any kind of schedule. Since I'm still breathing regularly I'm always aware of what's going on with my nasal passages. When something "disturbs the force", I'll gauge what it is and respond, or not, as indicated.

For most of my life I've had to deal with sinus issues. Lots of mold and fungi in this region that bothers me. Getting the SinuPulse machine was definitely one of my smarter moves in life. Learning about CS and how to make it was another one. Same for the oregano oil. Today I can breathe normally, have far fewer "colds"/sinus infections/no need to own stock in Kleenex/fewer trips to the doctor/rarely ever a need for antibiotics or antihistamines. The downside is fewer boogers to flick at idiots but I manage.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Instead of "poaching" you face over the oven / hotplate something else to try AND I use it regularly during the winter months:
A COOL MIST Humidifier and a bath towel.
I put about two ounces of EIS/CS (10-15ppm) in the reservoir/tank fill with distilled water. Turn on. As I see the mist producing I tent over the humidifier using the towel and stay at least ten to fifteen minutes while breathing as much as possible through my nose, and occasionally through my mouth.
No PAIN, No Heat exposure.
When a family member come down with a persistent cough or head full of snot I put the same mixture in the humidifier and place it in their room while the sleep or rest, and have them tent over when they are up and moving two to three times a day when possible.

FYI - One of the best ways for EIS/CS to work in the body is to get it into the lungs. Lungs get the EIS/CS mist into the bloodstream quickly and it bypasses the stomach.
Inhalation and sublingually are the fastest methods of introduction of EIS/CS.

mayhem

Oh my, Oh my.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
FYI - One of the best ways for EIS/CS to work in the body is to get it into the lungs. Lungs get the EIS/CS mist into the bloodstream quickly and it bypasses the stomach.
Inhalation and sublingually are the fastest methods of introduction of EIS/CS.
Good advice as the CS will destroy some of natural (good) bacteria in the stomach. If you do drink it be sure to use digestive emzines from a health food store.

The ear thinggie is interesting. Gonna try it for my occasional bouts with vertigo. Can't hurt, and who knows it might help.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Thanks guys. Good stuff all. I'm a believer in CS...if people knew more about it, the big pharma companies would go out of business. That's probably why they don't let it get out.

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member

mayhem

Oh my, Oh my.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter

Alric

Midas Member
Midas Member
I highly doubt anyone will listen to me on this subject, but colloidal silver isn't tested for that type of use and there really isn't any evidence to suggest it is effective. Also a lot of companies that sell colloidal silver can be pretty shady.

Also, if it burns that is generally a sign that tissue is being damaged. I am not aware of colloidal silver killing off cells(though I have heard it is very rough on the stomach, so it might there?), however the membrane in the nose can be pretty sensitive, so it is possible you were killing some cells. Which is similar to using stuff like hydrogen peroxide which will kill cells(which is why it stings). Though I wouldn't be overly concerned about a one time use of it.

Silver does build up within the body, but isn't that toxic(at least compared to other heavy metals). So generally, most of the concerns with colloidal silver are from long term uses of it.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
....I highly doubt anyone will listen to me on this subject, but colloidal silver isn't tested for that type of use and there really isn't any evidence to suggest it is effective. Also a lot of companies that sell colloidal silver can be pretty shady......

Silver does build up within the body, but isn't that toxic(at least compared to other heavy metals). So generally, most of the concerns with colloidal silver are from long term uses of it.
1st statement above - "He who has the GOLD makes the RULES". As EIS/CS users we keep OUR GOLD personal and BREAK Big Pharma Rules.
One of the reasons in the Alt. Med forum I use the We Are Our Own Researchers or ( WAOOR) in the closings.

SILVER is NOT a HEAVY METAL ( go check your periodic table and LEARN to read it). Silver is a Transition Metal as is Copper and Gold.
Though out history there are ZERO recorded DEATHS from silverized water, EIS/CS.
Argyria ( blueish tint to the skin and organs) is only caused by ABUSERS of Big Pharma concoctions or DIYers who cheat / fail to follow the: Highly Distilled Water, .999 or better Ag, and 9 volts of electricity ONLY protocol

Alric

Midas Member
Midas Member
SILVER is NOT a HEAVY METAL ( go check your periodic table and LEARN to read it). Silver is a Transition Metal as is Copper and Gold.
Copper and gold are usually considered heavy metals as well. It would seem you are the one that is confused what heavy metals are, as heavy metals and transition metals are not mutually exclusive. As a dense metals, they are all considered heavy metals. That is the prime reason metals are classified as heavy, because they are heavy(ie dense).

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I've been using EIS / CS over 10+ years now. So what is your definition of "long term use" ?
SCIENCE places many elements into many differing groups.
HEAVY METALS = The definitions surveyed encompass up to 92 elements; only mercury, lead and bismuth meet all of them.
TRANSITIONAL Metals - Include Cu, Ag, and Au. Ag is the Atomic Number 47 out of 118 elements.
NOBLE Metals = (those elements upon which almost all chemists agree) comprises ruthenium, rhodium, palladium, silver, osmium, iridium, platinum, and gold.
Silver bullets (weapons forged or cast of silver) are the
only way Ag kills a human.
So you try to scare people with your ALINSKI style opine.

Go read the "package insert" that comes with your prescribed medication and read the list of possible side effects that varies with each Big Pharma Concoction. Most go clear up to the "May Cause Death" statement.

Silver Compounds and Silver Solutions created by Big Pharma or ABUSERS = Argyria and maybe DEATH by the COMPOUNDS.

Colloidal Silver/ Electrically Isolated Silver ( Properly Made as Described Above) = No Argyria Cases, NO DEATHS to humans or livestock through out history.

Last edited:

Alric

Midas Member
Midas Member
When did I ever say anyone died from it? I clearly stated that Silver isn't very toxic and there isn't that much danger. How is that trying to scare people? Seems like you are being extremely defensive, because all I said is that it can build up in the body with long term use.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Solutions and Compounds may build up in the body as they incorporate more than just Ag, and the solutions & compounds are the cause of Argyria. EIS/CS does NOT if it is produced as offered in the above post.
YOUR use of the term HEAVY METAL is your scare tactic, especially to the neophyte(s) that maybe interested in this subject of CS.
I was comparing SILVER's Only issue - Argyria- (blueish skin), with Big Pharma's myriad of issues with their .gov authorized concoctions known as Prescription Medications that can have side effects up to and including DEATH.
In my opinion EIS/CS is far safer than ANYTHING today's Snake-Oil salesmen hustle the people into the world of MAINTENANCE and out of the world of CURE(s), CURED.

Merkin

Seeker
Seeker
I recently had a sinus infection and mixed some colloidal silver into the saline solution I use to wash out my sinuses. When I did so, it burned slightly (the saline alone did NOT burn). The next day, my sinus infection was better (it was not cleared up, but was much better). I'm wondering what caused the burning sensation - was it the colloidal silver / saline mix, or was it something in my sinus cavities that burned?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I've also found that CS heals athlete's foot faster than ANYTHING on the market. The ointments that I have used in the past take anywhere from 10-14 days. I put CS on it and the next day it's 85% better - pretty much gone by day 3.

Merkin

Seeker
Seeker
I've used CS for years (10/15?) and recently started putting it in a nasal applicator for a friend. Her sinus problems cleared immediately and have stayed clear for the last 6 months. Smoke from fires in CA exasperated an already existing problem.. Straight, no chaser, approximately 10 ppm.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
On athletes feet;

Used to be a doctor who posted here who was in Turkey. I forgot his name but he was a solid poster. I asked for advice on AF and he told me I was eating too many carbs. I had used every product under the sun, literally for decades. Lowering the carbs was the only fix.

offourse2

Seeker
Seeker
Best athletes foot cure I ever found was a paste of sulfur and olive oil. Sulfur is a great antifungal.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I emptied a saline mist atomizer, rinsed well a couple of time with distilled water, and keep it filled with my homemade Electrically Isolated Silver ( 10-25ppms).
I hit the spray bottle nightly especially in this dry winter air. Two-three sprays each nostril and spray to the back of my throat as I inhale 2-3 times.
As I have posted several time in various post. I also use EIS in the water reservoir of my CPAP machine I wear nightly.
I don't do the sinus rinses / lavage, but I don't see anything wrong in doing so.

EIS/CS is one of the safest therapies people and pets can use ( excluding fish). IMO

DYODD,
WAOOR,

Merkin

Seeker
Seeker
I am sold on CS for almost anything that ails ye, so much in fact for gimmers I'll send an ounce free of charge if you'll pay packaging and shipping so how does $7.50 sound. Includes one ounce of CS 10ppm in a nasal sprayer while supply lasts.