• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Have you been "ghosted" on a forum?

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
I have seen this happen on the PCGS forum; you make posts but there are invisible to everyone except you and the moderators. Previous posts are ghosted. Private emails between members on the site are opened and viewed by moderators. Has something like this happened to you on a forum?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I get called out by a strange white bear with a blue tongue from time to time but that's about it! I feel that deep down he actually is quite fond of me but is hesitant to show it! :show affection:

Last edited:

gliddenralston

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
No also, been harassed, ridiculed, cussed at, called a commy, fxxk off and die, other than that a very pleasant experience.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

Gee but it's great to be back home
Home is where I want to be.
I've been on the road so long my friend,
And if you came along I know you couldn't disagree.

It's the same old story Everywhere I go,
I get slandered,
Libeled,
I hear words I never heard In the Bible
And I'm one step ahead of the shoe shine
Two steps away from the county line
Just trying to keep my customers satisfied,
Satisfied.

Deputy Sheriff said to me
Tell me what you come here for, boy.
You better get your bags and flee.
You're in trouble boy,
And now you're heading into more.

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Only shallow-minded people censor others based upon their ideas. I have a few people on ignore here at GIM, but in all cases it is because of their attitudes or senseless vulgarity -- I just don't want that trash in my life. Oh yeah, I also put the trolls on ignore. I don't have time for people who get pleasure out of generating strife just so they can feel important.

Occasionally I reveal the posts I'm ignoring, and I am quickly reminded why they are on ignore.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
cuz ur a ghost. even I'm afraid to open ur threads.

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Time was, if you even hinted that pcgs had issues with their slabs affecting the coins inside, you were be banned.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Ok, we are going to respect the 'feelings' of others around here. Not sure how GIM even keeps a mod.

No, that ain't gonna work. We live in a world where china fakes pcgs. No turning back now.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Yeah, u sprinkle them on cupcakes. come on, don't be messin with us like this before nap time.

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
You mean people who say "fuck" in their discourse instead of that PC term "F@(K"
?
BF
No. Words convey ideas. Ideas can be vulgar. Words are just words.

However, studies have shown that people who resort to offensive or coarse language do it because they lack the vocabulary to express their ideas. Instead of being able to communicate powerfully they resort to words that are considered by society to be shocking.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Ah, good reply. Vulgar ideas, yeah, I'm in agreement with you there, SLV.
Vulgar ideas have no standing in this forum.
I will review my opinion of your statement and rethink.

BF
Oh - new addition.
so now yer sayin my vocabulary is slipping?
must be the old age
well fuck 'em

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
My candor has produced some negative feedback. That all comes with the territory these days. This isn't the Malt Shop back at the old town we grew up in. Our world and the people in it is are not friendly nor do people show any respect to those who disagree with them, quite the contrary!! If you're white many people want to see you dead! In fact, the days of spirited discussions and compromising are over. Today's levels of truth are increasingly hard to swallow and even harder to discuss in total candor without pissing someone off or hurting the tender feelings of others! Ya can't please everyone and everyone's toes get stepped on at some point!!!!

Last edited:

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Ah, good reply. Vulgar ideas, yeah, I'm in agreement with you there, SLV.
Vulgar ideas have no standing in this forum.
I will review my opinion of your statement and rethink.

BF
Oh - new addition.
so now yer sayin my vocabulary is slipping?
must be the old age
well fuck 'em
aaaaahemmmm, it's not ur language,, hahahahahaha
1568217423135.png

,ITS YOU. haha hahahahahaha. sorry, BF.

Glad u don't have feelings. You'd wear out that ignore button.

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

However, studies have shown that people who resort to offensive or coarse language do it because they lack the vocabulary to express their ideas. Instead of being able to communicate powerfully they resort to words that are considered by society to be shocking.
Funny thing is it seems more and more that when I try to logically convey an idea using proper words and grammar that those on the receiving end aren’t educated enough to understand. Vulgarity is the only thing some people understand it seems.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
No.

But I’ve been banned and ignored.
And that was just by me.

Seriously, on this board sometimes I'll see a post shrouded by a message I am ignoring this member. To my knowledge, I've only ignored one person in my browsing history and that wasn't on this board. I make it a point to hear everyone's opinion no matter how fringe. The only reason I did that one person is they were harassing me constantly.

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
studies have shown that people who resort to offensive or coarse language do it because they lack the vocabulary to express their ideas. Instead of being able to communicate powerfully they resort to words that are considered by society to be shocking.
Studies...

I happen to think I have a quite expansive vocabulary - and yet - there are times when using the word fuck does the best job of conveying the idea/sentiment that I wish to share. Some may disapprove of that because proper gentlemen dont use such coarse and vile language...I mean no offense when I do use it...I just have never seen the harm in it. Its just a word...

Someone should do a study to figure out why there are certain words that are considered ill advised - who decided which words would be on the list - and why some people are so offended by their use.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
I've been going back and forth with my friend on the CU forum as they also read private emails in their system which is a real violation even though they may "own" the forum, they should not be able to eavesdrop on forum members in confidential emails. Emails aimed at thin skinned "Heather".

Some of them:

• HI FIVE A DIME; I ALWAYS APPRECIATED YOUR POSTS BUT DON'T SEE THEM NOW!!! WHAT DASTARDLY SCUMBAG AND @$$ DELETED YOUR POSTS??? BE CAREFUL, I THINK THEY DO THE TRULY TREACHEROUS THING OF VIEWING AND SURVEILLING PRIVATE MESSAGES AND THUS VIOLATE OUR PRIVACY!!!
  • FiveaDime
    September 8, 2019 11:15PM
    Ahoy there Logger007! Thanks 4 the explicit message about @$$//#% privacy invasions. I will make sure won't I call a$$hole by their fuck'n Name for sure, lol. Happy withe the responses on NGC, especially from Heritages own, Mark Feld. After all, this is all about collecting!!!

• FiveaDime
    September 11, 2019 3:10AM

s-l1600 (25).jpg54K

Last edited:

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
never seen the harm in it. Its just a word...
No, that's the problem, SB, they're not "just words" no more.
How long ago we learned never to say the word nigger?
They can use it in holly weird
they can use it on each other
you can use it to start a fight.

And women, oh they get insulted nowadays by almost anything you say unless they know you. Even then...
So words have power.
It's never "just a word" anymore — almost anything said elicits some sort of 'trigger'
no wonder everyone retreats into the isolation of their hand held device

Am I just gettin old and cranky or is the whole damned world pissed off?

BF

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
How come I can't see anybody's posts here? :p

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Its all Mikes fault look at the fucker hes a wreck.

High five Mike!

:holding hands:

theres no high five emoji, for fuck sake..........

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
When i was banned here and things went south at the containment forum i witnessed a fellow member get tarred, feathered then banned for no reason other than the site owner didnt like a question he'd posed.

Bob made a fool of himself imo and sealed the fate of his site that day.

Several gimers walked away and came back here, i was one.

Point to all of this OP is that while i were never ghosted, all private conversations id had with the banned member were deleted from my in box.

I assumed if he had the ability to remove my pm's he probably had the means to read them. Creepy stuffs

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
i witnessed a fellow member get tarred, feathered then banned for no reason
Small World. I got that exact same treatment "over there", twice. Lol
This place is muuuch better.

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Small World. I got that exact same treatment "over there", twice. Lol
This place is muuuch better.
By management or the motley crüe? I truly dont remember? That place is a virtual ghost town complete with tumbleweed now. Rightly so imo

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
By management or the motley crüe?
Both.

I was falsely accused of hacking the forum and sumarrily banned. Then once it was proven to admin that I had done no such thing and allowed back in, the cracker jack brigade went on the attack and I was again banned for trying to respond to the idjits.

That place is a virtual ghost town complete with tumbleweed now. Rightly so imo
good!

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Stealing that forum was pretty cool though. Right proper goonrush it was. We showed up, took over, really pissed off some uptights, then left the place in ruins!

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Stealing that forum was pretty cool though. Right proper goonrush it was. We showed up, took over, really pissed off some uptights, then left the place in ruins!
Your gonna think im bullshitting but i just had a look over there and the two active posters were talking about us recently.

"Brother did I call it or what? Lol and all without a chart lol. Remember Zeus", ( actually he speaks of Zed here) "that arrogant ass hat all those guys worshipped that came over here that tore this place to shreds? Remember he used to do all that voodoo charting as if you could predict somehow where pms would go. I used to laugh my ass off. He apparently did not understand the game was rigged. In a free market it may work but in a manipulated market never. We are the last of the Mohicans. All my best. Man at least it’s peaceful here now.."

Lol, i kid you not.

Fuck i gotta go to bed.