• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Have you noticed people driving crazier lately?

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
It seems to me that people are driving more aggressively lately. my first hypothesis is that it has to do with the whole plandemic. As an example more fireworks were sold this year then probably ever before around here. my theory is that people are just blowing off steam which was my draw two fireworks this year. So have you noticed similar changes happening around you?

Someone_else

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
In my area, no change. Everyone is polite. On the freeway, if there is any chance of a car on the onramp getting close to traffic, people will move to the left lane. This is normal in my area, no change over the last decade or more.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Not so much craziness as in aggressive but much more caution as driving slower, "social distancing" with their cars (bizarre but true), LESS use of turn signals in general or applied 10' before a turn, in general like more are losing focus on their driving like a sort of "brain drifting". The scamdemic and those damned masks are taking a toll on people.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
My son moved to the southern part of ny state a few years back. Was funny that when he took me out for a ride while he was in town to see him drive like he was in the city.

Local yokels have been complaining about speeders on the mostly deserted roads. I can get off my street onto the highway much easier the past few months.

I see people being afraid of being around others. Their is definitely tension in the air

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
Reaction score
I have noticed it alot. 2/3rds of them have no place to go and mill about around 30 mph under the speed limit and the 1/3rd that have jobs and places to be are not happy about being slowed down by the lollygaggers and layabouts. I have even noticed it in stores and restaurants.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Nothing new here, the usual march towards becoming the sixth borough of NYC means even more assholes than usual here in the former Republican heaven called Nassau County (as per Reagan). A few week of BLM protests because some residents actually pushed back and were called fascist racists. Heck! My own governor called people like me terrorists for believing in the constitution. So how would I know if people were being more of an asshole than normal?

I can’t wait until I can pull the ejection handle and bail from this place.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Pretty normal around here as well but we haven't really ever even locked down. They still have a propensity to not use a turn signal but that's also normal.

Silver

Midas Board Mmbr
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I've noticed a definite uptick in people driven crazy lately. I haven't been driving very much with not that many places to go. Example of crazy: our county Emergency Management Coordinator (unpaid volunteer position - and he has a big sticker on the back window of his truck with his position in big letters) told a guy getting his car tag renewed through the to go window that he hopes he dies because he was not wearing a mask.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I live in the supposedly genteel South Florida Panhandle. My commute contains a 15 mile stretch of I10 and during almost every commute I see at least one driver running 30-50 mph faster than traffic flow while madly continuously changing lanes and endangering the hell out of everyone around. Mostly males and mostly pickup trucks. One of them came within inches of clipping my front bumper a couple of weeks ago while in a high speed 4-lane change.

I see a lot more of that here than I did in my native Atlanta but the main difference might be that the sheer traffic density in Atlanta makes that behavior impossible.

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
In my area, no change. Everyone is polite. On the freeway, if there is any chance of a car on the onramp getting close to traffic, people will move to the left lane. This is normal in my area, no change over the last decade or more.

I want to know where you live.

I do my best to be a polite driver, but the others see it as a sign of weakness.

In these parts, rude and crazy are the norm, and no change since the plandemic; just as bad as usual.

I call it "racing to the red light."

I like to coast through at 20 mph right after it turns green.

Last edited:

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Come on Am, red is stop, green is go, and yellow is go like hell.

I'm an ol fart coastin round wondering what the hey the devil has turned loose on the freeways.

Good thing I'm in the boonies...

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Yes, I have noticed it.

Noticed it a long time ago. Dazed, addled...like there were cognitive problems. Indecisive. Erratic - like putting a turn signal on halfway through the turn. Speeds much slower than the speed limit - and I mean on city streets.

Whatever ails them, thinks I, is the same thing that's driving this insanity about statues and this sudden love for BLM terrorism. Dope, or lead in the drinking water...I don't know, but something ain't right.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Fur sure lots of things are not right. welcome to today. keep on keepin on...

Ya think folks are getting a little more not just indecisive, but down right angry much more today than yesterday.

Ya, it means more problems foisted on our foibles.

Be sure and get your b3 and all the imp vits and buck yourself agaionst what's comeing...

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I live in the supposedly genteel South Florida Panhandle. My commute contains a 15 mile stretch of I10 and during almost every commute I see at least one driver running 30-50 mph faster than traffic flow while madly continuously changing lanes and endangering the hell out of everyone around. Mostly males and mostly pickup trucks. One of them came within inches of clipping my front bumper a couple of weeks ago while in a high speed 4-lane change.

I see a lot more of that here than I did in my native Atlanta but the main difference might be that the sheer traffic density in Atlanta makes that behavior impossible.

in houston the vibrants enjoy racing against 3 or 4 other cars -- the pack doing 100 mph weaving though busy traffic

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I have another floating theory that all of this mask-wearing is further reducing oxygen to these people's brains causing minor brain damage en masse. but since it was already there to begin with it's kind of hard to tell know what I mean?

Last edited:

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
During lockdown in France, with all the empty roads, there were quite a few tickets for those doing 2x, 3x the speed limit...

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Does anybody put a "mask" on their license plates to prevent covid? ;)

Bubble Fat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
When you are a new driver you are conditioned by 'new risk', adding behavior patterns not normally instinctual. The patterns stay with you because of frequent practice. Much like you can't release zoo animals back to the wild and expect them to survive, extended easy chair comfort seems to allow those patterns to go away.

Practice makes perfect. No practice, you lose the edge.

duh ha ha.jpg

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
If you by aggressive mean complete dipshits, then why yes. Three wrecks inside of two weeks here at the I can't remember where that damm road went farm. And, yes the third one just happened before twopm.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
If you by aggressive mean complete dipshits, then why yes. Three wrecks inside of two weeks here at the I can't remember where that damm road went farm. And, yes the third one just happened before twopm.
Didn't you mention before that that area is known for accidents?

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Not so much craziness as in aggressive but much more caution as driving slower, "social distancing" with their cars (bizarre but true), LESS use of turn signals in general or applied 10' before a turn, in general like more are losing focus on their driving like a sort of "brain drifting". The scamdemic and those damned masks are taking a toll on people.

EXACTLY & it drives me nuts !!!:thumbs up 2::thumbs up 2::thumbs up 2::drive by::truck2:

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
define "crazier"............

then................as opposed to...................

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

I should have said, crazy relative to pre "pandemic" conditions.

Is that how they drive in Indihoovia?

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Why should I obey they speed limit in the era where it’s cool to burn down courthouses and set up your own autonomous zones

We’re still using speed limits set up when 1970s chassis and tire technology meant risk of death over 70 mph

I’m on z rated low profile tires in a car made to go 175 on the autobahn. 80-100 feels like 40 in my 66 chevelle

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
It seems to me that people are driving more aggressively lately. my first hypothesis is that it has to do with the whole plandemic. As an example more fireworks were sold this year then probably ever before around here. my theory is that people are just blowing off steam which was my draw two fireworks this year. So have you noticed similar changes happening around you?

By election time this little escapade could be BLOODY dangerous. It had better be a clean and clear win, that is about all I have to say.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
By election time this little escapade could be BLOODY dangerous. It had better be a clean and clear win, that is about all I have to say.
Buckle up! Pun intended!

Reactions: Zed

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score

They sure know how to wreck cars.

How many of them know how to design cars, or build cars? Even, fix cars?

Welcome to our future. Without those cars, because when these cretins get power, it's all over.

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why should I obey they speed limit in the era where it’s cool to burn down courthouses and set up your own autonomous zones

We’re still using speed limits set up when 1970s chassis and tire technology meant risk of death over 70 mph

I’m on z rated low profile tires in a car made to go 175 on the autobahn. 80-100 feels like 40 in my 66 chevelle

I have no issue with speed. Go ahead and race at 2 AM or on an empty stretch of road. I've done some desert highway driving myself.

My peeve is heavy traffic multiple lane changes, brake checks and the ensuing collateral damage.

I have seen more than a few collisions, but the biggest ones were usually due to high speed race-weaving in traffic, and those who caused the wrecks were long gone. It was those who were forced to slam on the brakes, react, or otherwise evade who collided and caused chain reactions.

Hystckndle

SWEATEQUITYIS$$$
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Replying to the OP,

Yes ! and emphatically yes !
The wife unit and I have talked about this on many many occasions.
People think they are Andretti clones.
No idea the reason other than it is a dif generation and so many cars bought with " credit " or more so are leased
and the real pride ( CONCERN is a better word ) of ownership and taking care of your own property with CARE has been lost.
And vid games ? Dunno...
But it is definitely different down here.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I have no issue with speed. Go ahead and race at 2 AM or on an empty stretch of road. I've done some desert highway driving myself.

My peeve is heavy traffic multiple lane changes, brake checks and the ensuing collateral damage.

I have seen more than a few collisions, but the biggest ones were usually due to high speed race-weaving in traffic, and those who caused the wrecks were long gone. It was those who were forced to slam on the brakes, react, or otherwise evade who collided and caused chain reactions.

Absolutely agree

Not all drivers are paying full attention to their surroundings and or fully sober. Not looking to play demolition derby

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
of course we drive like that here, it is Napghanistan!

Veli Hopea

Seeker
Reaction score
It seems to me that people are driving more aggressively lately. my first hypothesis is that it has to do with the whole plandemic.
Perhaps some thrombosis in brains sometimes caused by coronavirus infection?

I take a small dose of acetylsalicylic acid daily to prevent blood clots just because I have some risk for inherited disease.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Finland, eh? You should post more often, Veli. We're pretty much americanized news here, we do enjoy a different perspective.

Welcome back,
BF

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Give me that car, now. Or else I shoot the dog I am holding hostage. Photo to follow. I will not hesitate. what color is it?
Veli Hopea

Finland? 2010? Where the hell have you been hiding? Finland?

lol

Here in Kentucky there are a few requirements to drive. One is you always have to have a turn signal on, all the time. Kind of a poor man's daylight running light. If you own a GM vehicle, you must have your parking lights on at all times so everybody can see you have at least one out.
The fast lane is the right lane, slower traffic keep left.
The yellow light is a challenge, are you and your vehicle up to it?

That's it. I'm leafing.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Give me that car, now. Or else I shoot the dog I am holding hostage. Photo to follow. I will not hesitate. what color is it?
Veli Hopea

Finland? 2010? Where the hell have you been hiding? Finland?

lol

Here in Kentucky there are a few requirements to drive. One is you always have to have a turn signal on, all the time. Kind of a poor man's daylight running light. If you own a GM vehicle, you must have your parking lights on at all times so everybody can see you have at least one out.
The fast lane is the right lane, slower traffic keep left.
The yellow light is a challenge, are you and your vehicle up to it?

That's it. I'm leafing.
This made me smile.

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score