• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

HEADS UP - NEW OFFERS - SALES or DEALS -

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
@FthePolice. I never considered ordering from those guys even at that great price. Yes giving your debit card info to someone over the phone was risky to say the least. The worry of what if is far heavier than the 30 bucks you potentially saved.
Not getting an Email conformation of an order with the exact amount your being charged is horse shit, I'd freeze it too and stick to venders with secure impersonal payment methods.

Good luck Mr

gold4278

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Ok, so I didn't get a phone call from Nationwide Coins. I just called them. I talked to a guy who took my check card information. He didn't give me a confirmation number either. Just said I would get a phone call where they would give me a Fed Ex Tracking number. It will take 10-15 days for me to receive my gold. He then briefly tried to up sell me into buying graded 1/4 oz Gold Eagles. I told him I wasn't interested. He said ok and that was it. I am scared that I didn't get an email or confirmation number. Actually ready to call my bank and freeze my checking account. I gave him my whole card info.
I had a similar experience, except they called me and tried to sell me a gold Liberty for $150 more than APMEX would. Didn't fight too much when I said no. Also, they called to tell me when it shipped, which was nice. Got the coins yesterday and they look fine. They came in a cool case with Nationwide name on it, a receipt, and a business card and booklet. It was shipped FedEx and I received it so quickly because they are located in Houston and I live in Houston area.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Mr. Paradise, have you ordered since the change over in ownership? I haven't, and I am wondering if the military discount still applies and if they still offer echeck? Thanks.

I placed an order with them back in December Poland and they honored the discount. They stopped accepting echeck for awhile but had recently brought it back as a payment option.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
I am scared that I didn't get an email or confirmation number. Actually ready to call my bank and freeze my checking account. I gave him my whole card info.
Take a deep breath and calm the FthePolice down snowflake. Nationwide runs these deals a couple times a year and every time I've participated in them I've always gotten my AU and no one has ever stolen my identity or cleaned out my bank account. They don't ship lightning quick and you won't see any bank activity right away, but as long as they didn't tell you they were sold out there's a 99.9% chance your order will go thru.

Now go down in the basement and clean up your room .....moms making meatloaf tonight.

Take a deep breath and calm the FthePolice down snowflake. Nationwide runs these deals a couple times a year and every time I've participated in them I've always gotten my AU and no one has ever stolen my identity or cleaned out my bank account. They don't ship lightning quick and you won't see any bank activity right away, but as long as they didn't tell you they were sold out there's a 99.9% chance your order will go thru.

Now go down in the basement and clean up your room .....moms making meatloaf tonight.
Alright, I admit I did spaz out. They charged my account this morning and looks like it should be fine. People on other sites that I know are doing the deal also and it all looks good.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
The following is not a comment on Nationwide Coins. I don't know this vendor but others are satisfied with their purchase.

However...

Why on earth do people still use debit cards and check cards anywhere except an ATM?!

Over the last 10 years, at a minimum, countless articles, new stories, and recommendations by all sorts of consumer protection groups were written against using them for ANY purchases anywhere.

A disreputable merchant can empty out a checking account easily through one of those debit/check cards. Any funds lost through incorrect charges are generally not covered by any banking institution in the manner that a credit card is covered. Also, the merchant can pretty much put a funds hold of just about any size on the account until they get their payment, i.e. Gas stations usually put a $100 hold until they receive their payment. I've seen young soldiers get screwed in other cases because they couldn't resist, just had to use that debit/check card.
Actually my understanding is a bank account debit card (not a prepaid debit card) has pretty much the same protections as a credit card. I don't use them so I can't comment from personal experience but that was pretty much what I've been spun when opening bank accounts and being issued debit cards and reading the agreements.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
American Silver Eagle Coin Random Year BU

Was $1.75 Over Spot,
Now Only $1.49 Over Spot Any Quantity!

Pricing Options

In Stock
IRA Approved
Quantity Price Over Spot Price
1-19 $1.49 $18.79
20-99 $1.49 $18.79
100-499 $1.49 $18.79
500+ $1.49 $18.79
Qty:
$18.79

https://sdbullion.com/1-oz-american-silver-eagle-coins-random-year

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
$1.99 over spot..

Mexico Gold 2 1/2 Pesos AGW .0603 (Random Year)
As low as $9.99 per coin over spot!
(23 reviews)
As Low As: $90.47
QuickShip® Eligible
APMEX Buy Price: Call Us
Gold 2 1/2 Pesos (1948 & Prior)

$1.99 over spot..

As low as $9.99 per coin over spot!
(23 reviews)
As Low As: $90.47
QuickShip® Eligible
APMEX Buy Price: Call Us
Gold 2 1/2 Pesos (1948 & Prior)
Bullion Exchanges has these for as low as ~$87 premium is a few dollars less per coin than APMEX

https://findbullionprices.com/product.php?product=13

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner

BOLDbass

Co-Founder of BOLD Precious Metals

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Thanks Bold. Like the deals. I just hate milk spots so it's hard to bring myself to spring for the Cunuk stuff.

BOLDbass

Co-Founder of BOLD Precious Metals
Thanks Bold. Like the deals. I just hate milk spots so it's hard to bring myself to spring for the Cunuk stuff.
At least in our experience with these reverse proof Maples, spotting has been very minimal. We actually have listings in the store for spotted/impaired coins with reduced premiums but I believe that we only have one of the Yin Yang Privy spotted so far. Of course, that is no guarantee for the future.

On this topic, have you seen the news from the RCM about their new MintShield "technology"? It's apparently in effect for the 2018 bullion releases - something they are doing to the surface of the coins to greatly reduce the occurrence of milk spots. It will be interesting to see how effective it is. Their Maple Leaf varieties have some very nice anti-counterfeiting features and if they can demonstrate that spots are not an issue going forward, I expect their sales will improve.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Haven't heard about that but thanks alot for the info BOLD.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Got me a couple of dollars of spot junk at Provident, first purchase since the ownership change.
I'll see how it goes. Can't beat junk at spot, free shipping IMHO.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I've double dipped already on that spot junk deal. Thinking about going for thirds!
It's like a frosted chocolate layer cake sitting on the kitchen counter - you have to walk by several times a day.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter