• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

HEADS UP - NEW OFFERS - SALES or DEALS -

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
its a opportunity to get old coins at reasonable premiums.....also a learning experience for those that paid high premiums in the past

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
The deals on that page range from 59 down to 39, the lowest or comparable to the lowest available from any vendor website currently, but thanks so much for letting us know.
Yea I was addressing what most would say is the best deal on that page (.59 for a 1 oz). 0.39 for a 100oz bar doesn't do it for me either.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Yea I was addressing what most would say is the best deal on that page (.59 for a 1 oz). 0.39 for a 100oz bar doesn't do it for me either.
That's current premiums, which is kinda point of the thread too, to track state of the market, not just for posting door buster deals.

I am looking to buy a couple of tubes of 2018 Silver Eagles. Provident has them for $393.80 a pop as I type. Does anyone know of a better deal?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
BGASC has random year ASEs for around $1.80 over spot per coin. Works on to around $370 per tube. They charge $6.95 for shipping, so around $377 per tube via check or wire.

https://findbullionprices.com/p/American-Silver-Eagle-Random-Year/
Sites like this are pretty much worthless for me. Same as more user friendly ones such as www.comparesilverpricres.com because the vendor they list as cheapest never is when shipping charge scams arent factored in.

99% of the time buying the lowest premium precious metals is as simple as going to ebay and sticking with a reputable dealer. No need scrolling and clicking through a bunch of pages on findbullion.com or viewing a single page on comparesilverprices.com. No offense.

Last edited:
Best random ase's vendor deal is provident at +1.89 and no BS shipping fee $369.20

https://www.providentmetals.com/1-oz-american-silver-eagle-random-year.html
One of the issues with any website like this is that we have no way of knowing your purchase intention. Whether you're intending to buy a quantity of 1 or if you're buying a quantity of 300 (15 tubes). The prices that are displayed are from lowest to highest based on the cash/wire per item price as shown on the dealer's website. Whether or not the dealer offers free shipping is shown next to the dealer name. If you're on a desktop/laptop you can hover your mouse over the truck icon to display detailed shipping information.

Since we don't know what your budget or buying intention is, it's up to you to do the math and make the decisions based on what you're looking for and what the best deal is given your situation. We just display the prices on specific products across multiple dealers based on which offer the lowest price.

In most cases, dealers are charging more on ebay on their own website due to the ebay and paypal fees. In the case of SD Bullion selling 2018 ASE's on ebay vs their website, the price per coin is slightly higher without factoring in what the dealers charge for credit card fees and shipping is slightly more. All things considered it is a better deal. For the majority of products we track prices based on what the dealer is selling for on their primary website. ebay listings come and go so it's not always practical for us to track all the different places a dealer may be offering a product for sale at various prices. I can see how this would be useful to people especially because it can often mean getting a better deal on something from a dealer you frequently buy from.

When looking at the differences between our site vs the compare site, we track prices for over 250 unique bullion products from a lot more dealers. They are only displaying pricing for a handful of products from dealers that pay them to display their products and prices. But if you're looking for a similar one page look at a handful of similar bullion products like what they show, we have a page on our site that has a similar layout as their site:

https://findbullionprices.com/compare-bullion-prices.php

There are only a handful of wholesalers and distributors for most products here in the US. Almost all of the dealers are buying their products from the same distributors for the same price. Secondary market and some international products are different, but for the most part the dealer cost for products is roughly the same. However, dealer premium varies greatly from dealer to dealer, sometimes dramatically. In a lot of cases, the larger dealers that do a higher volume and should have a lower cost frequently have the highest premiums.

I do appreciate your feedback. I welcome any criticism, feedback or suggestions that might make things more useful to you or anyone else. If there's anything you think would make our site more helpful or useful for you please let me know.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
One of the issues with any website like this is that we have no way of knowing your purchase intention. Whether you're intending to buy a quantity of 1 or if you're buying a quantity of 300 (15 tubes). The prices that are displayed are from lowest to highest based on the cash/wire per item price as shown on the dealer's website. Whether or not the dealer offers free shipping is shown next to the dealer name. If you're on a desktop/laptop you can hover your mouse over the truck icon to display detailed shipping information.

Since we don't know what your budget or buying intention is, it's up to you to do the math and make the decisions based on what you're looking for and what the best deal is given your situation. We just display the prices on specific products across multiple dealers based on which offer the lowest price.

In most cases, dealers are charging more on ebay on their own website due to the ebay and paypal fees. In the case of SD Bullion selling 2018 ASE's on ebay vs their website, the price per coin is slightly higher without factoring in what the dealers charge for credit card fees and shipping is slightly more. All things considered it is a better deal. For the majority of products we track prices based on what the dealer is selling for on their primary website. ebay listings come and go so it's not always practical for us to track all the different places a dealer may be offering a product for sale at various prices. I can see how this would be useful to people especially because it can often mean getting a better deal on something from a dealer you frequently buy from.

When looking at the differences between our site vs the compare site, we track prices for over 250 unique bullion products from a lot more dealers. They are only displaying pricing for a handful of products from dealers that pay them to display their products and prices. But if you're looking for a similar one page look at a handful of similar bullion products like what they show, we have a page on our site that has a similar layout as their site:

https://findbullionprices.com/compare-bullion-prices.php

There are only a handful of wholesalers and distributors for most products here in the US. Almost all of the dealers are buying their products from the same distributors for the same price. Secondary market and some international products are different, but for the most part the dealer cost for products is roughly the same. However, dealer premium varies greatly from dealer to dealer, sometimes dramatically. In a lot of cases, the larger dealers that do a higher volume and should have a lower cost frequently have the highest premiums.

I do appreciate your feedback. I welcome any criticism, feedback or suggestions that might make things more useful to you or anyone else. If there's anything you think would make our site more helpful or useful for you please let me know.
The poster asked for best price on "a couple of rolls" of ASE's so you did know his budget. Then you proceeded to suggest a more expensive dealer that what was available for his specific budget. That's pretty much case and point, end of story for these websites in my mind.

I'm beginning to think EBay is my new go to. Especially for gold. The 2018 ASE deal is good too. I just bought two rolls. I bought some for my stack a few months back. These new rolls will before for graduation, birthdays, and Christmas presents. My Step sons and nieces and nephews pretty much know what they are getting from me. Get them started young.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Sites like this are pretty much worthless for me. Same as more user friendly ones such as www.comparesilverpricres.com because the vendor they list as cheapest never is when shipping charge scams arent factored in.

99% of the time buying the lowest premium precious metals is as simple as going to ebay and sticking with a reputable dealer. No need scrolling and clicking through a bunch of pages on findbullion.com or viewing a single page on comparesilverprices.com. No offense.
I don't depend solely on sites like this but they can work well at times. As always, DYODD and you'll be fine. Sometimes today's best prices will be on FleaBay, sometimes it's going to be direct from the vendor. Sites like these are simply another information tool for the PM investor to consult.

The poster asked for best price on "a couple of rolls" of ASE's so you did know his budget. Then you proceeded to suggest a more expensive dealer that what was available for his specific budget. That's pretty much case and point, end of story for these websites in my mind.
Actually, the vendor and pricing that I pointed out was the cheapest known at the time of the posting on Friday morning (around 10:30 am). From what I can see on both the compare site and our site, Provident dropped their price Friday afternoon.

From our pricing database, Provident's price per Random Year ASE at around 2:00pm on Friday was $19.71 per coin. Around 3:00 it dropped to $18.46 per coin. On the compare site you can see this by clicking on the graph icon next to where Provident's price is shown. I also took the below screenshot.

You're adamant in your belief that these websites don't help you. That's fine and I respect that, but many, many others do get value from the information and the data about pricing, premiums and other information from our website and the compare website that helps them in their purchasing decisions. Use the tools that are available to gather as much information, but as the_shootist said, do you own due diligence. We are just another source of information.

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 11.18.09 AM.png

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Home Shopping Network.

1964 BU rolls Kennedy Half Dollars $79.95 plus $9.95 shipping = $89.90 for one roll. No limit on quantity. I checked postage for 5 rolls and it was $21.95 or $421.70 total or $84.34 per roll.

These rolls currently go for $130 plus on ebay.

Coininflation.com melt value is currently $5.92 per coin or $118 per 20 coin roll.

they have the coins in stock and ready to ship.

http://shopcsntv.com/last-of-the-silver-kennedys-20-coins.html
The devil is in the details... The link you provide is for 1965 BU halves. These are 40% silver and have a silver content of less than $2.50/coin. This is NOT a good deal. 2c

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Home Shopping Network.

1964 BU rolls Kennedy Half Dollars $79.95 plus $9.95 shipping = $89.90 for one roll. No limit on quantity. I checked postage for 5 rolls and it was $21.95 or $421.70 total or $84.34 per roll.

These rolls currently go for $130 plus on ebay.

Coininflation.com melt value is currently $5.92 per coin or $118 per 20 coin roll.

they have the coins in stock and ready to ship.

http://shopcsntv.com/last-of-the-silver-kennedys-20-coins.html
Looks like 1965 to me. If so the silver content in those that year was only 40%. 1964 coins were 90% silver and match the numbers you posted

^updated^

found a way in
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Damn, I don't know how I missed that. I just happened to catch the guy promoting them on tv. He just kept referring to them as silver and my old brain comprehended that as 90% 1964. Rewatching it, he never does mention the date. I really never watch this guy and always considered him a crook and I guess I wasn't paying very close attention.

I've handled a shit load of 90% and 40% Kennedy's and definitely understand the difference.

I deleted my original post.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Damn, I don't know how I missed that. I just happened to catch the guy promoting them on tv. He just kept referring to them as silver and my old brain comprehended that as 90% 1964. Rewatching it, he never does mention the date. I really never watch this guy and always considered him a crook and I guess I wasn't paying very close attention.

I've handled a shit load of 90% and 40% Kennedy's and definitely understand the difference.

I deleted my original post.
Slight of hand... he is trying to convince you of the magic. snake oil salesman