• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

HEADS UP - NEW OFFERS - SALES or DEALS -

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Same I was debating getting some pandas as well. Still happy with the spot prices I got. The pandas are still $2.50 over spot granted they carry the premium back and it was a good sale deal.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Dang silver gold bull sold out of the ten ounce bar at spot before I got to place a order after I posted about it on social media. Signed up for the notifications for a restock. All the other deals left make you have minimum orders in which you will have to make a purchases above spot for the spot deal and free shipping.

Once the deals run out I'm just going to stick with provident and apmex. Those Pandas are attempting. real tempted to do a minimum order as I never owned any pandas before.
Pandas on provident OOS

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I got one of the silver gold bull bars last time spot was around 16. It nice, but dont see a mint stamp on it. Surprised they dont just substitute another generic. The panda's i went ahead and pulled the trigger this time.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Anyone know the cheapest source for Peace dollars? I've got the itch to stack some, but they have quite the premium over other junk.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
What kind of condition are you looking for?
I'm looking for them too. Only condition I'd insist on is they're not just electrical box punch outs, you know, flat disks. Coins with readable dates would be what I'd like to consider investing in.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
All I have is a single 1921 high relief example in slightly worn condition. The Peace dollar is a nice design and it looked best as high relief. Unfortunately it couldn't be fully struck as a high relief coin so the mint lowered its relief in 1922 going forward. Dealers generally sell them as either cull, good or better, XF, AU, or BU and mostly the lowest prices are for the common dates 1922-1925. You guys should dyodd and see what prices you can find, but if you want to PM me and let me know about desired condition and amounts I can check and see what prices dealers are trying to sell to other dealer at.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
All I have is a single 1921 high relief example in slightly worn condition. The Peace dollar is a nice design and it looked best as high relief. Unfortunately it couldn't be fully struck as a high relief coin so the mint lowered its relief in 1922 going forward. Dealers generally sell them as either cull, good or better, XF, AU, or BU and mostly the lowest prices are for the common dates 1922-1925. You guys should dyodd and see what prices you can find, but if you want to PM me and let me know about desired condition and amounts I can check and see what prices dealers are trying to sell to other dealer at.
I've got a 1921 that I scored at the bank a few years ago. I walked up to the teller and there were several dozen "silver dollars" stacked on her transaction area.

I was like, "Oh wow!"
and she says, "oh these aren't worth anything," referring to the fact that they were all IKE dollars.

Except one, the 1921 PEACE dollar sitting on top of one of the several piles.

I said, "Oh really, well this one here has a melt value of $23 today(Tells you how far back now)."

"I'll take it!" And that's muh story.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I used to have a few Morgan and peace dollars. I can't even remember how I got them or when I sold them exactly lol.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I've got a 1921 that I scored at the bank a few years ago. I walked up to the teller and there were several dozen "silver dollars" stacked on her transaction area.

I was like, "Oh wow!"
and she says, "oh these aren't worth anything," referring to the fact that they were all IKE dollars.

Except one, the 1921 PEACE dollar sitting on top of one of the several piles.

I said, "Oh really, well this one here has a melt value of $23 today(Tells you how far back now)."

"I'll take it!" And that's muh story.
Now THAT is a score! A 1921 Peace dollar will go for a good bit more than melt in anything but the most mangled condition.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I used to have a few Morgan and peace dollars. I can't even remember how I got them or when I sold them exactly lol.
Sounds like a weekend at Mutton's

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Dang silver gold bull sold out of the ten ounce bar at spot before I got to place a order after I posted about it on social media.
CHARITY BEGINS at H..O..M..E.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner

What's funny is when you catch these sales there about the same as the dealers who offer 1st time packages at spot. Many of them charge shipping or have a minimum ounce order in which to fulfill you won't be buying at spot.

SD bullion for instance 10 ounces at spot but $7.77 shipping charge. Discount for military only for $3.99 shipping. Better off buying from provident metals. I was about to order from SD too. No thanks now. I'd sooner find a private sale.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
What's funny is when you catch these sales there about the same as the dealers who offer 1st time packages at spot. Many of them charge shipping or have a minimum ounce order in which to fulfill you won't be buying at spot.

SD bullion for instance 10 ounces at spot but $7.77 shipping charge. Discount for military only for $3.99 shipping. Better off buying from provident metals. I was about to order from SD too. No thanks now. I'd sooner find a private sale.
Yeah, man. My pet peeve is BS shipping dealers like SD bullion, gainsville, bold precious metals fake spot deal, etc

My preference overall is to stick to ebay, large dealer only because they have to do free shipping to compete AND you get paid 2% back to take delivery. Example, i've posted sdbullion ebay deals before and theyre always free ship, but on their website you get scammed with 7.77 BS.

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
Yeah, man. My pet peeve is BS shipping dealers like SD bullion, gainsville, bold precious metals fake spot deal, etc

My preference overall is to stick to ebay, large dealer only because they have to do free shipping to compete AND you get paid 2% back to take delivery. Example, i've posted sdbullion ebay deals before and theyre always free ship, but on their website you get scammed with 7.77 BS.
I don't consider it BS, I consider it a business decision. Before SDBullion, I was paying $4.49 an ounce premium on ATB bullion. Sure, I'd catch a deal on ebay, but 10% is gone on bullion now. $2.79 over is pretty sweet as they have to pay $2. Now, if you don't get spend a grand or two, it sucks. Provident puts up some deals at $2.49, so you do that. Provident puts up clean silver eagles at $1.49 over, so you do that. 100 ounces from SD is 8 cents an ounce premium tacked on. Ya, it all melts the same but the collectors don't always see it that way.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I don't consider it BS, I consider it a business decision. Before SDBullion, I was paying $4.49 an ounce premium on ATB bullion. Sure, I'd catch a deal on ebay, but 10% is gone on bullion now. $2.79 over is pretty sweet as they have to pay $2. Now, if you don't get spend a grand or two, it sucks. Provident puts up some deals at $2.49, so you do that. Provident puts up clean silver eagles at $1.49 over, so you do that. 100 ounces from SD is 8 cents an ounce premium tacked on. Ya, it all melts the same but the collectors don't always see it that way.
They do stay in business. To each his own...

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I'm trying to find a deal on fractional silver at spot that isn't junk silver. Mainly want it for gifting people I don't want to give a full ounce too lol.

Found one with money metals exchange. They're silver starter kit includes some fractional. Again though their ad states live silver market price. Four ounces at spot right now is $63.56, money metals exchange is charging $70.38. So not exactly what they make it out to be.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I'm trying to find a deal on fractional silver at spot that isn't junk silver. Mainly want it for gifting people I don't want to give a full ounce too lol.

Found one with money metals exchange. They're silver starter kit includes some fractional. Again though their ad states live silver market price. Four ounces at spot right now is $63.56, money metals exchange is charging $70.38. So not exactly what they make it out to be.
Gift them a nice walking liberty half dollar and explain to them it's real silver and what its worth.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Damn near impossible.

Hey Needle, I'm contemplating that deal, just not comfortable going over 6 ATM.

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The owner of money metals exchanged emailed me back to clear things up. The deal isn't meant to be spot price. It's them selling at cost.

Overall it's still a decent deal. You couldn't get it for cheaper any where else. Those fractional's usually carry a premium at least 0.69 cents over spot for the striking of the coin regardless of size.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I tried to create an account with them but I can't seem to confirm my email address properly in order to create the account. I used two different email addresses and 2 different browsers and still it keeps asking me to confirm my account. Guess I won't be able to buy from these guys.

Edit: just tried again and this time it worked. I did get to chat with someone from their website last night and explained the situation. This morning the confirmation link in the email took me to a different place so maybe they fixed the link embedded in the email over night.

Last edited:

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Works for me. I still haven't placed a order. I'm about to right now. Was waiting for the market to open to see If I could catch a dip.

I pay by check anyway. Takes almost two weeks just for them to get it and wait for it to clear. I might just add a Krugerrand to the order since they don't release till August 7, 2018.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Works for me. I still haven't placed a order. I'm about to right now. Was waiting for the market to open to see If I could catch a dip.

I pay by check anyway. Takes almost two weeks just for them to get it and wait for it to clear. I might just add a Krugerrand to the order since they don't release till August 7, 2018.
Worked for me too. all the way until final checkout.

It's right on the page you linked, says delayed and the prospector rounds are delayed period on their website

Last edited:

needler

Silver Member
Silver Miner
So you can't complete a checkout? I thought you could finish the transaction and they ship when it's in stock.