• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

HEADS UP - NEW OFFERS - SALES or DEALS -

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Almost $1.50 over spot for Phil’s? I’d hide in my house with the shades drawn for month if I bragged about that purchase.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Last edited:

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Yep, the bricks ain’t cheap or easy to come across anymore. One of my favorite brick makers Monarch no longer makes anything above 10oz.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
49 cents is average right now for "deal" on vendor websites for rounds.

only dearler with lower advertised price right now is sdbullion at 39 cent, but they also sting you on shipping charge. depending on how much you buy. think someone said over $2500 is free?

https://sdbullion.com/1-oz-generic-silver-rounds

ebay special pricing has totally dried up the last month or so.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
That's not true, I cashed in on some special pricing during the last eBay buck release a week or two ago, thanks to louky

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Nice of them to show clean copies... junk usually looks a bit more worn....

Provident trusty?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Metals taking a dip just as eBucks are being released today....same as a week and a half ago, anyone notice a pattern here?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I would buy junk ebay + bucks

Same exact bucks schedule as last year when gold was shooting up on fake north North Korea news.
Agreed on the junk+ebucks

So you think it's more seasonal rather than how the metals markets are manipulated?

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I dont buy into the "drop when deals come" conspiracy. 2016, every time gold had the lowest premiums all year, it shot up the most. I posted breakdown in Ebay thread. Now Bucks schedule is just carbon copy of last year, except gold was flying, now it's crashing.

here's last years bucks promos, there was one 10% during this time frame

8/3/17 - 6%
8/10/17- 10%
8/16/17 - 8%
8/23/17 - 8%
8/29/17 - 8%
9/4/17 - 8%.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I dont buy into the "drop when deals come" conspiracy. 2016, every time gold had the lowest premiums all year, it shot up the most. I posted breakdown in Ebay thread. Now Bucks schedule is just carbon copy of last year, except gold was flying, now it's crashing.
I always grab a little on the down side if the deals are there. Premiums along with spot price have a lot to do with if and when I buy.

Do you think I should write a book or stick with my day job? :oriental:

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
On another note, the new prospectors are lower quality than the originals, which is disappointing.
You are 100% correct on this statement. I could live with the lower quality because silver is silver and they are cheap to stack......That being said, these do not pass the ping test . Not even close. When I first got these something seemed off with them. I just assumed it was the dull finish and lower quality. This morning I finally did the ping test.. Not good.
Here's a video of a ping test.. At the 2:30 wish point in the video is about what these coins sound like. Anyone else buy these and can confirm?
My silver goes into deep storage and every so often I add to it when I get enough built up from purchases. The only other silver piece I have on hand right now is a silver morgan thats 90% and it has a much much better ping to it than these. at .999 these should have a very nice ping as well but they have more of a dull thud. Sounds more like a clad quarter.

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
The “original” Prospectors were made by Engelhard, I’m kinda leery of copycats.

R.

Last edited:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
You are 100% correct on this statement. I could live with the lower quality because silver is silver and they are cheap to stack......That being said, these do not pass the ping test . Not even close. When I first got these something seemed off with them. I just assumed it was the dull finish and lower quality. This morning I finally did the ping test.. Not good.
Here's a video of a ping test.. At the 2:30 wish point in the video is about what these coins sound like. Anyone else buy these and can confirm?
My silver goes into deep storage and every so often I add to it when I get enough built up from purchases. The only other silver piece I have on hand right now is a silver morgan thats 90% and it has a much much better ping to it than these. at .999 these should have a very nice ping as well but they have more of a dull thud. Sounds more like a clad quarter.

good catch. luckily i only have 10 of them from the spot deal, but i just pinged one against a legit generic buffalo and vice versa. the prospector is more thud like you said, the buffalo, a nice long high pitch.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
good catch. luckily i only have 10 of them from the spot deal, but i just pinged one against a legit generic buffalo and vice versa. the prospector is more thud like you said, the buffalo, a nice long high pitch.
What’s going on here? You guys have counterfeits?