• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

HEADS UP - NEW OFFERS - SALES or DEALS -

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
1oz 99999 gold maple coin in assay card for spot + $40:
https://www.apmex.com/product/42882/2008-canada-1-oz-gold-maple-leaf-99999-bu-w-assay-card

1oz platinum bar in assay card for spot + $35:
https://www.apmex.com/product/76687/1-oz-platinum-bar-valcambi-in-assay?9027640=8

New, generic silbur deals at spot + $0.69:
https://www.providentmetals.com/5-oz-silver-buffalo-round-silvertowne.html#
https://www.jmbullion.com/1-oz-silvertowne-silver-bar/

Secondary market 1oz silbur bars at spot + $0.59:
https://sdbullion.com/generic-1-oz-silver-bar-999-fine-silver

1921 VG Morgans at $18.99 each:
https://monumentmetals.com/1921-morgan-silver-dollar-vg.html
Almost pulled the trigger on a tube of these a couple days ago when spot was $1 higher. Price per coin is well above spot, but was seemingly a good price then, and ~$1 less per coin than the competitors. Any silver dollar experts here? Good deal or not?

Good luck out there folks.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Any good Veterans Day sales on fractional gold coins both foreign and domestic?........

Might as well stack some more gold for the grandkids eh.......

Maria

Any good Veterans Day sales on fractional gold coins both foreign and domestic?........

Might as well stack some more gold for the grandkids eh.......
1 gram 2017 gold Chinese Panda as low as $4.89 over spot - https://boldpreciousmetals.com/product/2017-gold-chinese-panda-1-g/
3 gram 2019 gold Chinese Panda at %1 premium - https://silvergoldbull.com/3-g-2019-chinese-panda-gold-coin
Not fractional, but the price is super low - 2013 1 oz gold Perth Lunar Shake $1485 https://bullionexchanges.com/2013-1-oz-gold-lunar-year-of-the-snake
Mexican 10 Peso gold coin $4.99 over melt https://monumentmetals.com/mexico-gold-10-peso.html

Last edited:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I'm going to wait until gold drops to under $1000/oz. At the rate it's been trending that could be next week.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Anger and despair. I feel your pain. Maybe the bottom is near?
No anger or despair here my friend. I'm much more grounded than I used to be re: PM spot prices. They do up, they go down and I just keep buying the dips. The game won't last for ever and when it ends there only one way for them spot prices to go.

Last edited:

edsl48

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
anyway Ebay bucks came out at 10% today
It now covers my sales tax and i end up with 1.5% effective discount...ebay's going to have to do better than that anymore

Note;
To all ebay sellers affected by this Sales Tax thing...give it some time, buyers will soon forget about this added 'fee' and "normal" will return again

We get ripped off, then resign ourselves to the 'new normal' because life has to go on

edsl48

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
It now covers my sales tax and i end up with 1.5% effective discount...ebay's going to have to do better than that anymore

Note;
To all ebay sellers affected by this Sales Tax thing...give it some time, buyers will soon forget about this added 'fee' and "normal" will return again

We get ripped off, then resign ourselves to the 'new normal' because life has to go on
omg don't be too loud on that because this is one thing Illinois hasn't subjected to sales tax... "yet."

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
if any state could benefit..

shhhhhhh,,,,
:secret:

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
The random year MS63 $10 Indians graded by PCGS have a couple thousand or less for each year. Still deciding if the $60 extra is worth it. You get the certification, which is not cheap and have a collectors market more interested in it. My Sigma tester can verify gold content right through the plastic as well. Percentage wise, it's not a bad idea. I do like the collector angle as I do like a quality coin myself. Opinions?

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The random year MS63 $10 Indians graded by PCGS have a couple thousand or less for each year. Still deciding if the $60 extra is worth it. You get the certification, which is not cheap and have a collectors market more interested in it. My Sigma tester can verify gold content right through the plastic as well. Percentage wise, it's not a bad idea. I do like the collector angle as I do like a quality coin myself. Opinions?
I pretty much agree with your assessment. The market is smart and generally prices in premiums based on what the coin offers the collector community above and beyond pure bullion content. I think a gold Indian eagle authenticated and graded as a choice BU example probably adds some liquidity when it is time to sell. $60 is less than a 10% premium. I think it all comes down to how you, as the current owner, feels about the graded coin. If you like it, then it is probably worth the small premium as you will likely get it back on resale. If you have nothing but disdain for the plastic, well then move on and find an example for as close to spot as you can.

edsl48

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Good points and understand them. Now for myself I look at things from the SHTF view meaning there are no plans to market the coins in the future. To me that is what stock in gold and or silver mining companies are for. So, from my perspective I prefer to wait for a sale where I can grab a highly recognizable product that could easily be used for barter in the future. It is just a matter of the final goal of why one purchases to begin with.

I should add with the holidays rolling in I generally purchase each of my children a roll of those PCGS or NGC sealed silver American Eagle rolls of the current year. As you pointed out they are much more liquid and have an easily recognizable value. My hope s that they will never have to sell them but, when one is young and faces lifes paths, a lot of pitfalls along the way might amount to a personal shtf situation and if so may be easily converted to cash.

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
I ended up buying a few old gold Liberty eagles, MS62 NGC for $20 over the value of the gold (about $40 over spot). Graded and MS62 in quality, random date. I think it costs more than $20 to get these coins graded by average Dude. I do not know how Liberty Coin gets all these coins...

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Good points and understand them. Now for myself I look at things from the SHTF view meaning there are no plans to market the coins in the future. To me that is what stock in gold and or silver mining companies are for. So, from my perspective I prefer to wait for a sale where I can grab a highly recognizable product that could easily be used for barter in the future. It is just a matter of the final goal of why one purchases to begin with.

I should add with the holidays rolling in I generally purchase each of my children a roll of those PCGS or NGC sealed silver American Eagle rolls of the current year. As you pointed out they are much more liquid and have an easily recognizable value. My hope s that they will never have to sell them but, when one is young and faces lifes paths, a lot of pitfalls along the way might amount to a personal shtf situation and if so may be easily converted to cash.
I didn't get my rolls the past Christmases, Dad.

I have a stash of coins I've pirated. The coins that were either free are from kick back trays at coinstar's and the ones I've purchased, I paid $.50 a piece that are worth mostly 5 times their face value but sometimes 10 times. I have no disposable cash to purchase metals and only do if I can get them cheap. The bounty is in a Hull if a sunken boat. They will go to my grand kids but I'm not sure at what age they will get them. If they want money, I make them earn it. Over pay them but we negotiate the rate before hand.
When silber was in the $22 range, my grandson was holding a ten ouncer happily exclaiming he had $220.00 in his hand.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I ended up buying a few old gold Liberty eagles, MS62 NGC for $20 over the value of the gold (about $40 over spot). Graded and MS62 in quality, random date. I think it costs more than $20 to get these coins graded by average Dude. I do not know how Liberty Coin gets all these coins...
The wholesale market is flush with these right now. Lots of these coins came out of the woodwork with the recent run up on the price of gold. At that price they represent great value.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Do you all think gold will go down more?...like $1200-$1300 range?..

I don’t mind dollar cost averaging but I’d like to avoid the $100 and $200 dollar drops.

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Short answer:
$1,440 ish is the gold spot bottom. With the big central banks buying gold now like Germany they need a low price.
They use $trillions $ (that is awful LOT of paper gold fiat) of dollars in paper gold "holding short" derivatives leverage to accomplish the raids.
Been going on since the 1990s.

see:
https://harveyorganblog.com/author/harveyorgan/

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Short answer:
$1,440 ish is the gold spot bottom. With the big central banks buying gold now like Germany they need a low price.
They use $trillions $ (that is awful LOT of paper gold fiat) of dollars in paper gold "holding short" derivatives leverage to accomplish the raids.
Been going on since the 1990s.

see:
https://harveyorganblog.com/author/harveyorgan/
FYI - Serbia as joined the Gold Buying Market, 9 tons.

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
IT is cheap right now in U.S. fiat = GOLD.

Silver is really CHEAP now in all fiat.

Platinum is a steal right now in all fiat.

Of course you have to be in the market for them, right?

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
IT is cheap right now in U.S. fiat = GOLD.

Silver is really CHEAP now in all fiat.

Platinum is a steal right now in all fiat.

Of course you have to be in the market for them, right?
I'm struggling to understand why I need to invest in Platinum when it's an industrial metal, not a metal that has been traditionally used as currency throughout history

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
It might be the ONLY one free to trade for a while...
BTW...
that's another reason why slabs can be nice...

IMVH Dinosaur O.
I graduated from High School before they took Christian prayer out of it...

Last edited:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
It might be the ONLY one free to trade for a while... BTW... that's another reason
why slabs are nice...
I don't get it. Can you be more specific? I have dry powder but I'm a traditionalist and need a good reason for investing in long term, unproven value

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
shoot,

no matter what happens, the white metals shouldn't be in the same arena as gold and silver

but, the whites have their own issues, supply not controlled by .us thieves, manufacturers ebb and flow from one to the next as prices fluctuate, lack of liquidity, etc.

there is dough to be made there, as sure as time moves on, you just have to have enough time to wait it out, waiting for the buy low, and waiting for the sell high

Bman33

Silver Surfer
I don't get it. Can you be more specific? I have dry powder but I'm a traditionalist and need a good reason for investing in long term, unproven value
I have one Platinum Eagle in a slab that I bought in the beginning of the year. Premiums are high but other than that it's a buy low sell high game. If I had dry powder right now I'd grab some silver. Provident/JM Bullion is running Black Friday Deals all week.

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
If I was BUYING - I would be buying ASE in the tubes (if I had the money) , in the Monster Boxes (if I had more money) , in multiples Monster Boxes (if I had a LOT of MONEY!).

I would also buy pre-1964 silver quarters & dimes - or $1,000 bags of junk U.S. pre-1964 silver coins.

I would buy gold if I did not feel I had enough - NOW too. (If I had a lot of Money!)

I love old Scorpio (Hell I am one of those - 11-13- Dinosaur) and he is right. But I still love Platinum cause it is so cheap.

READ!

https://www.zerohedge.com/commoditi...rkets-dangerous-game-chicken-economic-reality

Last edited:

edsl48

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Wouldn't it be a lot easier to deal with paper gold than individual pm holdings? I ask this out of only wondering the difficulty of hauling bags to a vendor somewhere. Just asking...

By the way I got 10% ap bucks and 8% bucks at Ebay today.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Wouldn't it be a lot easier to deal with paper gold than individual pm holdings?
Not after all the physical gold has dried up and you are still stuck with paper(s).
" If you don't hold it ( physical) you don't own it.". - Our Late Great PONCE's motto.

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Last edited: