• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

HEADS UP - NEW OFFERS - SALES or DEALS -

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

FlaGman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
If you are getting 60 you may end up with some better dates in the mix. Be on the lookout for the '89, '90, and '91 especially.

I received the 60 1/2 ounce coins yesterday and there are two 89s, one 90, and two 91s. Can you educate me on any additional premium these dates may carry? Since nobody has them actually in stock online it is hard for me to just look up on say, Apmex.

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Did any of you order The Hunter silver rounds that Gainsville Coins was (and still is) offering? I have never received any email contacts from them from neither of my two email accounts they have. I have called several times to check on my order and they're been very helpful but their lack of email communication is a little troubling. I placed my order on March 20 and, at that time, they had estimated shipping at 4/15. I did call them yesterday and after giving them my order number that found my info and told me it's been sent to the shipping dept to be sent out. They told me they would email me a tracking number once it ships but...well... :(

I suspect the email problem is on my end since I recall at least another member bought these and they said they got their email acknowledgement immediately after they placed their order.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Did any of you order The Hunter silver rounds that Gainsville Coins was (and still is) offering? I have never received any email contacts from them from neither of my two email accounts they have. I have called several times to check on my order and they're been very helpful but their lack of email communication is a little troubling. I placed my order on March 20 and, at that time, they had estimated shipping at 4/15. I did call them yesterday and after giving them my order number that found my info and told me it's been sent to the shipping dept to be sent out. They told me they would email me a tracking number once it ships but...well... :(

I suspect the email problem is on my end since I recall at least another member bought these and they said they got their email acknowledgement immediately after they placed their order.
Same here. Called yesterday and was told it will be mailed in a day or two. I should get an email with tracking number. At the moment...still waiting on that!

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Same here. Called yesterday and was told it will be mailed in a day or two. I should get an email with tracking number. At the moment...still waiting on that!
Have you received any emails at all from them in the past month?

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I think just the email confirmation. Nothing since. Checked Web site the other day. Status change to "preparing to ship but no emails.
That's more than I got so that makes me feel better

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
I received the 60 1/2 ounce coins yesterday and there are two 89s, one 90, and two 91s. Can you educate me on any additional premium these dates may carry? Since nobody has them actually in stock online it is hard for me to just look up on say, Apmex.
Just wanted to congratulate you on the awesome purchase! I know little about key dates among AGE's -- kinda funny to me that bullion coins that are supposed to be worth their gold content have key dates :) -- but that's an amazing haul!

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
What condition are those in? Very much depends on it. The 96 may also bring a premium if you have any of those.

FlaGman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
What condition are those in? Very much depends on it. The 96 may also bring a premium if you have any of those.
They are all uncertified proofs, look to be perfect to my untrained eye.

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
They sent sent you all proof coins? Were they packaged in rolls or plastic lenses? The proofs dont carry a significant premium, I assumed theyd send you uncs.

FlaGman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
They sent sent you all proof coins? Were they packaged in rolls or plastic lenses? The proofs dont carry a significant premium, I assumed theyd send you uncs.
They were just sent in tubes, random years. From what little research I’ve done the proofs seem to be more common than the BUs.

Last edited:

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

FlaGman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Hard to tell from the lighting but most of those look like uncs to me. If they don't have a mintmark on the obverse they're uncs. The 91 is the biggie if its an unc. If it looks really good its worth sending in for grading, the 89 and 90 possibly so.

An accurate mintage chart: https://www.moderncoinmart.com/info...mintage-charts/gold-eagles-mintage-chart.html
Thanks! It’s hard to capture the reflection in photo ( unless you’re TomD!) but they are proofs and have mint marks. I will think about having them graded, I appreciate your help.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
My order from gainesvillecoins.com is still "preparing to ship"... it was placed on 3/18 with a promised ship date of 4/15. Maybe they'll be cancelling it? You'd think that 30+ days is more than enough time to sort stuff out... Good thing my order is not very big.

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
My order from gainesvillecoins.com is still "preparing to ship"... it was placed on 3/18 with a promised ship date of 4/15. Maybe they'll be cancelling it? You'd think that 30+ days is more than enough time to sort stuff out... Good thing my order is not very big.
FYI, I got my shipped email this afternoon from Gainsville, including a tracking number, so that makes me feel better. I suspect you may get yours soon, if not already

Last edited:

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
FYI, I got my shipped email this afternoon from Gainsville so that makes me feel better. I suspect you may get yours soon, if not already
Oh good!

I haven't received a notification yet. Logged in to their Web site. Nothing new but says "Fulfilled" in addition to "Preparing to Ship". Not sure that I've noticed that before although it may have been there for a while. Anyway, we'll see.

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I am almost embaressed to post this...a 5.99 premium
Anyway I got the email a bit ago so thought I would post it
5.99 .

1587661070065.png

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Select 90%, probably worn, dateless, culls.

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Oh good!

I haven't received a notification yet. Logged in to their Web site. Nothing new but says "Fulfilled" in addition to "Preparing to Ship". Not sure that I've noticed that before although it may have been there for a while. Anyway, we'll see.
Got my silver rounds today. All looks great and Gainsvillecoins delivered! Hope you got yours too! ~14.50 oz is the best price I've got in silver rounds in a long long time/ I should have gone all in on this one

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Got my silver rounds today. All looks great and Gainsvillecoins delivered! Hope you got yours too! ~14.50 oz is the best price I've got in silver rounds in a long long time/ I should have gone all in on this one
Super! Glad it worked out.

As for me...nuthin! Not even a tracking number to this day. Will probably need to call on Monday.

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Super! Glad it worked out.

As for me...nuthin! Not even a tracking number to this day. Will probably need to call on Monday.
Call them, they're really accommodating and helpful. I spoke with them several times and came away satisfied with what they told me. In the end it all worked out.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Call them, they're really accommodating and helpful. I spoke with them several times and came away satisfied with what they told me. In the end it all worked out.
This won't be my first call to them about this order. :( We'll see what they say.

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Keep us posted!!

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I have no issues with the dealers making money. I do have an issue with the price gouging. In a normal market there is a 2-3 dollar spread between the buy back price and sell price. Right now that spread is 5-9 dollars. They obviously have buyers at 9 bucks over spot so this whole big spread thing is just price gouging. I have finally seen the buy back prices rising and in some cases going a buck over spot.
Anything more than a 3 dollar spread on generic is simply a dealers market. This is neither a buyer or sellers market unless you are selling at 10 over on eBay or something.
This has nothing to do with price gouging. These rounds were ~14.50 oz. when we bought them on 3/20. I got mine today, stas hasn't got his yet. He just wants his silver...I can get that

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with price gouging. These rounds were ~14.50 oz. when we bought them on 3/20. I got mine today, stas hasn't got his yet. He just wants his silver...I can get that
Probably the wrong place for my comment. I get that. I didn't mean anyone was getting gouged by Gainesville. More of a general comment about the industry.

That being said I like Gainesvilles prices even now. Plenty of silver priced in the lo 17's and Gold Krugs at very reasonable premiums.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Man, Gainesville is not going to get a Christmas card from me this year! :) Talked to a CS rep. Pretty sure same person as last time (about two weeks ago). She said just as the Web site indicated the order was now in Invoiced status (as opposed to "preparing to ship") whatever that means. Said she would need to talk to people in shipping and call me back. Didn't get a call back. Not yet anyway.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Man, Gainesville is not going to get a Christmas card from me this year! :) Talked to a CS rep. Pretty sure same person as last time (about two weeks ago). She said just as the Web site indicated the order was now in Invoiced status (as opposed to "preparing to ship") whatever that means. Said she would need to talk to people in shipping and call me back. Didn't get a call back. Not yet anyway.
Thanks for the update. I was actually going to place an order but decided to wait until I see how this resolves itself.

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Did you get your silver yet?

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
No call back, no coins. Will have to call again. Hopefully I can keep my cool.
Damn dude! I'm not happy at all about this. As I said, I got mine with little problem and now, after learning all the trouble you're having, I'm thinking I was just plain lucky. I'll think twice about buying from them in the future and hope that you finally get your silver. Again, please keep us posted.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Called again. Was told it will be getting shipped today. I'm supposed to get a notification.

The person I spoke with said that they are are quite busy. Must be perfect storm of limited staff and very high order volume. Double trouble. Next time, I'll probably just buy from another collector/stacker, one that I know will have stock and will be able to process the order.

Current message from Gainesville Coins Web site just FYI:
Due to unprecedented demand along with the fluid situation as it relates to COVID-19, all orders may have further extended delays which are past our normal processing time and any already stated product delay dates. Your prices are locked in once your order has been placed and confirmed. We are working around the clock to ship all orders as soon as possible. Thank you the Gainesville Coins Team.

edsl48

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Things like this would scare me. My thoughts are if the seller does not have the physical product they are in essence selling paper and i8f the price goes up you, as the buyer, are simply holding a piece of worthless paper.

AguA

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Saw this review from some guy in KY a little while back. I hope this isn't the issue in your case.

3/24/2020
I've purchased 19 times from Gainesville Coins placed another order 3/13/20 for 6 ounces of silver & a few coin capsules . On that order the ship date was pushed up to 5/15 ! In other words I was sold silver that they didn't have . I've tried e-mailing 4 times now I want too terminate my order so far no response . I'll give them a call in the middle of the week but don't have high expectations . Needless too say Gainesville Coins will not see another order from me . All this hassle over a small 118.00 order . I know it's not much but they are holding my money after selling me products not physically held by them. Personally I think there should be a regulation against selling items your not physically holding . On the website they are blaming the Corona Virus for the delays . Which my order was placed before any thing was said about delays . So if Gainesville had in stock the items sold to me it would have shipped ! Very disappointed especially since I worked so hard myself in sales to keep customers happy I just hate when I receive poor service . My recommendation is not to purchase your Precious Metals here !!!!!!!! I hope you have a blessed day . Peace , Love , Happiness & Health .

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
It took about 40 days for me to get my silver from Scottsdale. Ordered March 19. But I got it, and it's all good.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Well, I got a confirmation email. It stated that the package was mailed today via Priority Mail with signature. I think I'll stop with this play-by-play... will report back once I actually get something tangible in my hands. Hopefully the next post in this thread will be something positive, i.e. actual DEALS with no crazy lead time! It's a bummer but I imagine other dealers may be having these same issues at this time.

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Well, I got a confirmation email. It stated that the package was mailed today via Priority Mail with signature. I think I'll stop with this play-by-play... will report back once I actually get something tangible in my hands. Hopefully the next post in this thread will be something positive, i.e. actual DEALS with no crazy lead time! It's a bummer but I imagine other dealers may be having these same issues at this time.
I got the silver a few days after I got the email. It seems they're shipping to those who call them the most. I called a total of 4 times before I got the shipping email. I feel better for you now. I think we all learned our lesson re: Gainesville. We'll take our silver then run away from them.