• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

HEADS UP - NEW OFFERS - SALES or DEALS -

AguA

Silver Miner
Seeker
He can keep 'em. He's got 925 left on the website but the price adjustment is incorrect regardless of the amount you ask for. It bounces around with the lowest displayed at 18.46-18.48.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
He can keep 'em. He's got 925 left on the website but the price adjustment is incorrect regardless of the amount you ask for. It bounces around with the lowest displayed at 18.46-18.48.
I've seen him screw plenty of people on TV. Did they deserve to be screwed because they went to a pawn shop to sell their crap? Probably, but I'd never do business with GS Pawn regardless

Last edited:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Roger Ramjet

Lost in a Time Warp
Just got in those Incuse Maples. Came in a mint sealed RCM tube of 25. They are some pretty coins. Seem a bit thicker than the standard Maple due to minting method. @ 22.17 each just under 7 bucks premium per but I truly think that prices aren't going to get much better for a long time. Having said that, it's the last addition to the stack for a while. Now's the time to sit pat and wait IMHO.

RR

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

FlaGman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
If you are getting 60 you may end up with some better dates in the mix. Be on the lookout for the '89, '90, and '91 especially.
I received the 60 1/2 ounce coins yesterday and there are two 89s, one 90, and two 91s. Can you educate me on any additional premium these dates may carry? Since nobody has them actually in stock online it is hard for me to just look up on say, Apmex.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Did any of you order The Hunter silver rounds that Gainsville Coins was (and still is) offering? I have never received any email contacts from them from neither of my two email accounts they have. I have called several times to check on my order and they're been very helpful but their lack of email communication is a little troubling. I placed my order on March 20 and, at that time, they had estimated shipping at 4/15. I did call them yesterday and after giving them my order number that found my info and told me it's been sent to the shipping dept to be sent out. They told me they would email me a tracking number once it ships but...well... :(

I suspect the email problem is on my end since I recall at least another member bought these and they said they got their email acknowledgement immediately after they placed their order.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Did any of you order The Hunter silver rounds that Gainsville Coins was (and still is) offering? I have never received any email contacts from them from neither of my two email accounts they have. I have called several times to check on my order and they're been very helpful but their lack of email communication is a little troubling. I placed my order on March 20 and, at that time, they had estimated shipping at 4/15. I did call them yesterday and after giving them my order number that found my info and told me it's been sent to the shipping dept to be sent out. They told me they would email me a tracking number once it ships but...well... :(

I suspect the email problem is on my end since I recall at least another member bought these and they said they got their email acknowledgement immediately after they placed their order.
Same here. Called yesterday and was told it will be mailed in a day or two. I should get an email with tracking number. At the moment...still waiting on that!

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Same here. Called yesterday and was told it will be mailed in a day or two. I should get an email with tracking number. At the moment...still waiting on that!
Have you received any emails at all from them in the past month?

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I think just the email confirmation. Nothing since. Checked Web site the other day. Status change to "preparing to ship but no emails.
That's more than I got so that makes me feel better

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
I received the 60 1/2 ounce coins yesterday and there are two 89s, one 90, and two 91s. Can you educate me on any additional premium these dates may carry? Since nobody has them actually in stock online it is hard for me to just look up on say, Apmex.
Just wanted to congratulate you on the awesome purchase! I know little about key dates among AGE's -- kinda funny to me that bullion coins that are supposed to be worth their gold content have key dates :) -- but that's an amazing haul!

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
What condition are those in? Very much depends on it. The 96 may also bring a premium if you have any of those.

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
They sent sent you all proof coins? Were they packaged in rolls or plastic lenses? The proofs dont carry a significant premium, I assumed theyd send you uncs.

FlaGman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
They sent sent you all proof coins? Were they packaged in rolls or plastic lenses? The proofs dont carry a significant premium, I assumed theyd send you uncs.
They were just sent in tubes, random years. From what little research I’ve done the proofs seem to be more common than the BUs.

Last edited:

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

FlaGman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Hard to tell from the lighting but most of those look like uncs to me. If they don't have a mintmark on the obverse they're uncs. The 91 is the biggie if its an unc. If it looks really good its worth sending in for grading, the 89 and 90 possibly so.

An accurate mintage chart: https://www.moderncoinmart.com/info...mintage-charts/gold-eagles-mintage-chart.html
Thanks! It’s hard to capture the reflection in photo ( unless you’re TomD!) but they are proofs and have mint marks. I will think about having them graded, I appreciate your help.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
My order from gainesvillecoins.com is still "preparing to ship"... it was placed on 3/18 with a promised ship date of 4/15. Maybe they'll be cancelling it? You'd think that 30+ days is more than enough time to sort stuff out... Good thing my order is not very big.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
My order from gainesvillecoins.com is still "preparing to ship"... it was placed on 3/18 with a promised ship date of 4/15. Maybe they'll be cancelling it? You'd think that 30+ days is more than enough time to sort stuff out... Good thing my order is not very big.
FYI, I got my shipped email this afternoon from Gainsville, including a tracking number, so that makes me feel better. I suspect you may get yours soon, if not already

Last edited:

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
FYI, I got my shipped email this afternoon from Gainsville so that makes me feel better. I suspect you may get yours soon, if not already
Oh good!

I haven't received a notification yet. Logged in to their Web site. Nothing new but says "Fulfilled" in addition to "Preparing to Ship". Not sure that I've noticed that before although it may have been there for a while. Anyway, we'll see.

edsl48

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I am almost embaressed to post this...a 5.99 premium
Anyway I got the email a bit ago so thought I would post it
5.99 .

1587661070065.png

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Select 90%, probably worn, dateless, culls.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Oh good!

I haven't received a notification yet. Logged in to their Web site. Nothing new but says "Fulfilled" in addition to "Preparing to Ship". Not sure that I've noticed that before although it may have been there for a while. Anyway, we'll see.
Got my silver rounds today. All looks great and Gainsvillecoins delivered! Hope you got yours too! ~14.50 oz is the best price I've got in silver rounds in a long long time/ I should have gone all in on this one

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Got my silver rounds today. All looks great and Gainsvillecoins delivered! Hope you got yours too! ~14.50 oz is the best price I've got in silver rounds in a long long time/ I should have gone all in on this one
Super! Glad it worked out.

As for me...nuthin! Not even a tracking number to this day. Will probably need to call on Monday.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Super! Glad it worked out.

As for me...nuthin! Not even a tracking number to this day. Will probably need to call on Monday.
Call them, they're really accommodating and helpful. I spoke with them several times and came away satisfied with what they told me. In the end it all worked out.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Keep us posted!!

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I have no issues with the dealers making money. I do have an issue with the price gouging. In a normal market there is a 2-3 dollar spread between the buy back price and sell price. Right now that spread is 5-9 dollars. They obviously have buyers at 9 bucks over spot so this whole big spread thing is just price gouging. I have finally seen the buy back prices rising and in some cases going a buck over spot.
Anything more than a 3 dollar spread on generic is simply a dealers market. This is neither a buyer or sellers market unless you are selling at 10 over on eBay or something.
This has nothing to do with price gouging. These rounds were ~14.50 oz. when we bought them on 3/20. I got mine today, stas hasn't got his yet. He just wants his silver...I can get that

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
This has nothing to do with price gouging. These rounds were ~14.50 oz. when we bought them on 3/20. I got mine today, stas hasn't got his yet. He just wants his silver...I can get that
Probably the wrong place for my comment. I get that. I didn't mean anyone was getting gouged by Gainesville. More of a general comment about the industry.

That being said I like Gainesvilles prices even now. Plenty of silver priced in the lo 17's and Gold Krugs at very reasonable premiums.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Man, Gainesville is not going to get a Christmas card from me this year! :) Talked to a CS rep. Pretty sure same person as last time (about two weeks ago). She said just as the Web site indicated the order was now in Invoiced status (as opposed to "preparing to ship") whatever that means. Said she would need to talk to people in shipping and call me back. Didn't get a call back. Not yet anyway.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Man, Gainesville is not going to get a Christmas card from me this year! :) Talked to a CS rep. Pretty sure same person as last time (about two weeks ago). She said just as the Web site indicated the order was now in Invoiced status (as opposed to "preparing to ship") whatever that means. Said she would need to talk to people in shipping and call me back. Didn't get a call back. Not yet anyway.
Thanks for the update. I was actually going to place an order but decided to wait until I see how this resolves itself.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Did you get your silver yet?