• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

HEADS UP - NEW OFFERS - SALES or DEALS -

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
No call back, no coins. Will have to call again. Hopefully I can keep my cool.
Damn dude! I'm not happy at all about this. As I said, I got mine with little problem and now, after learning all the trouble you're having, I'm thinking I was just plain lucky. I'll think twice about buying from them in the future and hope that you finally get your silver. Again, please keep us posted.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Called again. Was told it will be getting shipped today. I'm supposed to get a notification.

The person I spoke with said that they are are quite busy. Must be perfect storm of limited staff and very high order volume. Double trouble. Next time, I'll probably just buy from another collector/stacker, one that I know will have stock and will be able to process the order.

Current message from Gainesville Coins Web site just FYI:
Due to unprecedented demand along with the fluid situation as it relates to COVID-19, all orders may have further extended delays which are past our normal processing time and any already stated product delay dates. Your prices are locked in once your order has been placed and confirmed. We are working around the clock to ship all orders as soon as possible. Thank you the Gainesville Coins Team.

edsl48

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Things like this would scare me. My thoughts are if the seller does not have the physical product they are in essence selling paper and i8f the price goes up you, as the buyer, are simply holding a piece of worthless paper.

AguA

Silver Miner
Seeker
Saw this review from some guy in KY a little while back. I hope this isn't the issue in your case.

3/24/2020
I've purchased 19 times from Gainesville Coins placed another order 3/13/20 for 6 ounces of silver & a few coin capsules . On that order the ship date was pushed up to 5/15 ! In other words I was sold silver that they didn't have . I've tried e-mailing 4 times now I want too terminate my order so far no response . I'll give them a call in the middle of the week but don't have high expectations . Needless too say Gainesville Coins will not see another order from me . All this hassle over a small 118.00 order . I know it's not much but they are holding my money after selling me products not physically held by them. Personally I think there should be a regulation against selling items your not physically holding . On the website they are blaming the Corona Virus for the delays . Which my order was placed before any thing was said about delays . So if Gainesville had in stock the items sold to me it would have shipped ! Very disappointed especially since I worked so hard myself in sales to keep customers happy I just hate when I receive poor service . My recommendation is not to purchase your Precious Metals here !!!!!!!! I hope you have a blessed day . Peace , Love , Happiness & Health .

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
It took about 40 days for me to get my silver from Scottsdale. Ordered March 19. But I got it, and it's all good.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Well, I got a confirmation email. It stated that the package was mailed today via Priority Mail with signature. I think I'll stop with this play-by-play... will report back once I actually get something tangible in my hands. Hopefully the next post in this thread will be something positive, i.e. actual DEALS with no crazy lead time! It's a bummer but I imagine other dealers may be having these same issues at this time.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Well, I got a confirmation email. It stated that the package was mailed today via Priority Mail with signature. I think I'll stop with this play-by-play... will report back once I actually get something tangible in my hands. Hopefully the next post in this thread will be something positive, i.e. actual DEALS with no crazy lead time! It's a bummer but I imagine other dealers may be having these same issues at this time.
I got the silver a few days after I got the email. It seems they're shipping to those who call them the most. I called a total of 4 times before I got the shipping email. I feel better for you now. I think we all learned our lesson re: Gainesville. We'll take our silver then run away from them.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
It seems they're shipping to those who call them the most.
Actually as ridiculous as it sounds, I think you are right... I had to call and bug them three times and on third time, magically, I was told my package is shipped! (Right now, it says I'll get it tomorrow -wow!) It might have been another week+ otherwise. Maybe another month? I don't know. They must really be struggling. Obviously, not inclined to order from them again. But I imagine if all of their orders were filled like this over the years, they wouldn't be in business by now.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Last edited:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Edit: Looks to be sold out now
Edit-Edit: Back up again. I grabbed one before they go OOS again. 3.5% premium on 1oz gold coins is rare now adays. Smoke'em if ya got'em

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Curious which one ya gonna get! Let us know.
Yep, will do. The good news for the rest of you is that now I pulled the trigger gold should proceed to drop by at least $100/oz :rage 1

Last edited:

Roger Ramjet

Lost in a Time Warp
Yep, will do. The good news for the rest of you is that now I pulled the trigger gold should proceed to drop by at least $100/oz :rage 1
I pulled the trigger on 2 - 1/10oz BU random years Maples today @$191 each. Not a bad deal at all and better than Ducat's right now. Seems premiums are going down faster on Au than Ag. Having said that, the demand is still hot and they're already out of stock along with the 2020 1/10s.

I really like JM - They've already shipped.

RR

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Well, I kinda hope we'll see a major beat down soon. I'm being a bit selfish here as a net buyer. Sure, I sell some here and there but I prefer to buy more (a lot more). Of course, sometimes I just don't have the funds or there's not much out there, blah blah blah so it doesn't always work out. Ok, I need to stop whining. The point is that if a beat down means better prices for stuff I'd like to buy... bring it on! ;)

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
What do you know, I finally got 'em! (That Apr 30 delivery date was obviously a USPS mistake.) Professionally packaged as can be expected. The ones I got are dated 2018 FWIW. I've never seen or owned these Hunter rounds. They're pretty neat!
Nice dude! yeah, mine were also 2018 and they're pretty nice. Glad it all turned out well for you bro!

Roger Ramjet

Lost in a Time Warp
Boy, I was checking out a couple of sites today. APMEX is 20 -30% higher than most any of the other large dealers. The random year Maples I bought at JM yesterday (they disappeared QUICK) are almost $50 more than what I paid at APMEX. Sooner or later they're going to have drop their premiums more in line with the competition or lose business.

RR

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I havent bought since the 15.00 krand deal,,, im ashamed of you guys paying such high preiums
Same here w/silver. Premiums on silver has been stupid

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Before y'all throw up all over this... just wanted to let you know I'm just sharing the info so don't shoot the messenger. :) A few current "clearance" deals (advertised at around $1.50-$2 per ozt over spot) from Gainesville Coins:

https://www.gainesvillecoins.com/10-oz-mason-mint-silver-bar-999-fine/dd/1860
https://www.gainesvillecoins.com/hunter-1-oz-silver-round/dd/872

Yes, product is not going to ship for a while as stated in the ad. Yes, the estimated ship date will unlikely be met, potentially by 1-3 weeks. Yes, shipping rates (unless you're near Lutz, FL) are higher now than they were just a couple of months ago. Yes, you will probably get your stuff eventually but may have to call. Anyway, posting FWIW.

Bman33

Silver Surfer
Before y'all throw up all over this... just wanted to let you know I'm just sharing the info so don't shoot the messenger. :) A few current "clearance" deals (advertised at around $1.50-$2 per ozt over spot) from Gainesville Coins:

Yes, product is not going to ship for a while as stated in the ad. Yes, the estimated ship date will unlikely be met, potentially by 1-3 weeks. Yes, shipping rates (unless you're near Lutz, FL) are higher now than they were just a couple of months ago. Yes, you will probably get your stuff eventually but may have to call. Anyway, posting FWIW.
I might go for a couple of bars. The rounds don't have any recognizable company stamp or symbol so I will pass on those. Thanks for the info.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

I think I'll pass on Gainesvillecoins but thanks for posting anyway.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Last edited:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Sale Price for a 2020 Gold Maple. $100 over for a Maple doesn't seem like a sale. Weird times.
Well, you could pay $30.00 more and get "Made in America".
"The times, they are a changing".
Get use to the fact : The best time to buy was YESTERDAY. JMHO

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Wondering if this is a pre-sale? I don't thing RCM produced that many gold Maples so far this year with the virus and all. This may be some odd low mintage year, eh?

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Last edited:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
1590766150469.png

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member