• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

HEADS UP - NEW OFFERS - SALES or DEALS -

wischeese

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Wow! The NZ type didn't last which is expected. The other ones are attributed to Tristan da Cunha (meaning the mint most likely pays lower royalties/fees than NZ) but are pretty nice too.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Wow! The NZ type didn't last which is expected. The other ones are attributed to Tristan da Cunha (meaning the mint most likely pays lower royalties/fees than NZ) but are pretty nice too.
Shipping and packing="flat rate"
what does that mean?
I missed the part about the free shipping

Edit: Never mind, I saw the free shipping and packing notice. Has anyone ever bought from this vendor before?

The NZ coin is still available!

Last edited:

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
what does that mean?

Edit: Never mind, I saw the free shipping and packing notice. Has anyone ever bought from this vendor before?

Yeah, looks like the NZ coin was just temporarily "sold out"... At the moment, all three are still showing as available to be purchased. Thought they'd all be gone by now.

I picked up a few coins. We'll see what happens... hopefully no surprises. I imagine it will be a week or so before anything ships.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Yeah, looks like the NZ coin was just temporarily "sold out"... At the moment, all three are still showing as available to be purchased. Thought they'd all be gone by now.

I picked up a few coins. We'll see what happens... hopefully no surprises. I imagine it will be a week or so before anything ships.
Same here

wischeese

what does that mean?

I have not. I have seen them discussed on thesilverforum. They usually sell overpriced gimmicky coins.

I'll take a chance and buy gimmicky fractional gold for slightly under spot.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Not a bad deal on CA Gold maples

Never had a bad coin from Apmex
1oz maple $69 over spot (abrasions)
https://www.apmex.com/product/29910/1-oz-gold-canadian-maple-leaf-abrasions

Product Details
As low as $59.99 per coin over spot
The Gold Maple Leaf coins in this listing feature abrasions, which means they could be scratched, nicked, or otherwise imperfect.

Coin Highlights:
  • Coins minted from 1979 to 1982 contain 1 oz of .999 fine Gold, while those produced after 1982 contain 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
  • Coins will come in protective packaging.
  • Obverse: Displays the right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
  • Reverse: Features a large, single maple leaf with the weight and purity.
  • Weight and purity guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Any luck with Hattons of London, anyone? I have nothing other than automated emails confirming my order. (Oddly, their automated messages do not specify what was purchased and what amount was paid.) Calling them is no use: office is always closed... maybe due to the pandemic? I've seen their product sold before and it looked really nice so hopefully this is not a game where you give a company a short-term loan....

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Any luck with Hattons of London, anyone? I have nothing other than automated emails confirming my order. (Oddly, their automated messages do not specify what was purchased and what amount was paid.) Calling them is no use: office is always closed... maybe due to the pandemic? I've seen their product sold before and it looked really nice so hopefully this is not a game where you give a company a short-term loan....
Nuffin yet. If they don't deliver I'll just dispute the charge but it's much too early to think about that right now. As a result of your post I just shot them a quick email requesting status.

Did you see my post on the Utah goldbacks I grabbed? I figured what the hell. :)

Last edited:

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Nuffin yet. If they don't deliver I'll just dispute the charge but it's much too early to think about that right now. As a result of your post I just shot them a quick email requesting status.

Did you see my post on the Utah goldbacks I grabbed? I figured what the hell. :)
Goldbacks? No, I don't think I saw the post. I first heard of goldbacks just a few months ago. Really cool product although I know little about them. Was there a "sale" or something?

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Last edited:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I received this from them this morning. The typos make me nervous unless that how they spell those words over there:

Edit: Well only one typo now:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/despatch

1594817080238.png

Dear Mr X

Thank you for your email.

Congratulations on ordering one of The 2020 Dunkirk 80th Anniversary Gold Quarter Sovereigns, The 2020 King George III 200th Anniversary Gold Quarter Sovereign and The 2019 New Zealand First Ever Gold Quarter Sovereign and free book. I am delighted to tell you that your order has been secured and you will be one of the lucky people to own such a prestigious world exclusive.

Unfortunately, due to the current global circumstances there has been an extended delivery delay due to us relying on our suppliers staying open and for this we sincerely apologise. As it stands we anticipate that your order will be shipped tomorrow. Your order should be delivered to you within seven days of despatch, I am sure you will be delighted with this once it arrives. You will also receive a notification when this is on its way to you.

I would like to thank you for your patience and forbearance. If you require any further information please do not hesitate to email back or alternitavely, you can contact us directly on 1-866-213-5915.

Assuring you the best of service at all times.

Kind regards,

Joan Porter
Client Services Manager
Hattons of London

Last edited:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I received this from them this morning. The typos make me nervous unless that how they spell those words over there:

View attachment 172598

Dear Mr X

Thank you for your email.

Congratulations on ordering one of The 2020 Dunkirk 80th Anniversary Gold Quarter Sovereigns, The 2020 King George III 200th Anniversary Gold Quarter Sovereign and The 2019 New Zealand First Ever Gold Quarter Sovereign and free book. I am delighted to tell you that your order has been secured and you will be one of the lucky people to own such a prestigious world exclusive.

Unfortunately, due to the current global circumstances there has been an extended delivery delay due to us relying on our suppliers staying open and for this we sincerely apologise. As it stands we anticipate that your order will be shipped tomorrow. Your order should be delivered to you within seven days of despatch, I am sure you will be delighted with this once it arrives. You will also receive a notification when this is on its way to you.

I would like to thank you for your patience and forbearance. If you require any further information please do not hesitate to email back or alternitavely, you can contact us directly on 1-866-213-5915.

Assuring you the best of service at all times.

Kind regards,

Joan Porter
Client Services Manager
Hattons of London
Good luck with that. Shipping has been very slow from overseas lately. I had a box of cigars that shipped out of Hungary on June 9th, just landed today.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Good luck with that. Shipping has been very slow from overseas lately. I had a box of cigars that shipped out of Hungary on June 9th, just landed today.
Understood, small potatoes <$400, so I won't sweat too hard over the extended wait:oriental:

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Re: Hattons... I received a similar reply with similar spelling errors. Perhaps the author is Welsh and thus English is a second language? :)

One difference though is that my orders had shipped according to the message I received. However, the goodies are coming from across the pond so yeah, who knows when they'll actually arrive...

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Those are really neat. Your posts inspired me to learn more about these Utah and other goldback notes.
They're real gold and are indeed valid currency. AT some point FRNs will be recognized for what they are and these goldbacks will become very valuable in of themselves. At least that's what I think.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I have a couple of the 1 goldback. I really like them. They should last longer than the stripper singles
Yep, I just grabbed more. The 100 pack of singles are sold out, so is the pack of 20 5's.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I would like to know how many they had.
When I bought the 100 pack of singles 2 days ago they showed 8 in stock. They went to zero today. I took the last set of 20 5's because, well, it was the last set :)

I think they're very cool and the solution for bartering with gold

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Seems like a mixed message here

We are currently sold out of our 10 oz spot price silver bar promotion. Due to the fact, we have no insight into the Sunshine Minting production schedule, therefore we must turn the promotion off temporarily. Thank you for your business.
For a limited time buy this 10 oz silver bar right at spot price through our online store. Your order will ship for free with full insurance and t