• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

HEADS UP - NEW OFFERS - SALES or DEALS -

Barrettone

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
15 kilo silver bars @ $12.7k or spot +$1.99. I pay no more than spot + $2 for any silver.

Nice price IF I could take down 15 kilos at once, but alas, I am not in such a position. I've gotta look for lesser quantities more often. 7.5% over spot is a smoking deal nowadays. I'm currently paying 11-12% over spot to get silver. 11% on generics and 12% on 90% junk. Eagles are just plain ridiculous at like 30% over spot. Gold is a much better "deal" at 4-4.5% over spot. Silver is tuff right now...be safe out there guys!!!

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
It's amusing how easily people can be steered away from buying a historically cheap asset...merely by manipulating a paper price tag.

Gold is 11% off its all time high...while silver is 51% off its ATH. Gold is not a much better deal...it's horribly overpriced...relative to silver...and platinum. Even taking into account premiums...the GSR is still roughly 70.

the_shootist

Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
It's amusing how easily people can be steered away from buying a historically cheap asset...merely by manipulating a paper price tag.

Gold is 11% off its all time high...while silver is 51% off its ATH. Gold is not a much better deal...it's horribly overpriced...relative to silver...and platinum. Even taking into account premiums...the GSR is still roughly 70.
Gold is a solid and stable place to cash out FRNs! Silver has a huge potential upside but seems more volatile. Either way, they're better than holding FRNs too long, each for different, but equally important reason.

That's only my .02

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Gold is a solid and stable place to cash out FRNs!
Absolutely...and that's going to come in real handy when the GSR is < 30 again.

Volatility is just another way of saying "manipulation". The number of ounces in my pond out back remains unaffected by what some bankster criminal does or doesn't do with his counterfeit paper silver "contract".

Barrettone

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score

And I fully get your point...truly I do, but one very painful lesson I learned when having to unload part of my stack was that those kilo and 100 oz bars were a bitch to unload as not many people want a chunk that big. 1, 5 and 10 oz pieces are what move best. I have since grown to learn that your stack needs to be fungible if and when you ever have to sell. Same went for gold. 1 oz and down was easy to get people to buy. My 100 gram and 10 oz stuff I had to eat my premiums to unload as there was not enough action on them. Most on this board say they don't care until there's blood in the water and someone's selling...then they're just offering spot. It's kinda a one way street it seems. I'm not being "steered away" as much as I'm selecting my spots and picking off deals where possible. For example, I only bought 1 oz of AU today but bought $210 face of 90% AG at 21x because as you say, silver does have more upside IMO. You just gotta do surgical strikes. But to each his own I guess...YMMV

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
1 - 5oz chunks suit me just fine...haven't bought anything larger than that in a couple decades. Frankly, with the premium spreads contracting like we've seen over the past year+, I think 1oz silver coins are the best buy. At least ones not stamped out by the greedy us mint.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

the_shootist

Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I don't know man, I'm thinking about it but I think gold will fall even more on the short term!
But it will NEVER go lower than the USD, usd, usd, usd,, usd...
1643303552059.png

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
^^ Scary

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
1 oz.. SD Bullion gold bars 1 @ $1853 or 10+ @ $1843.

1 oz. SD silver coin $25.54

Random Year Soverigns $445!

Last edited:

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
These are Black Friday prices. Everybody take your time and see what you can afford. I plan on buying gold. Take a look at kilo silver. They stack nicely. Platinum 1oz Aussie is in buying range too.

I am thinking sovereigns and 20 franc gold for my personal collection. I am still trying figger out the actual bullion total when they are not .999. Does it matter really?

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Reaction score
These are Black Friday prices. Everybody take your time and see what you can afford. I plan on buying gold. Take a look at kilo silver. They stack nicely. Platinum 1oz Aussie is in buying range too.

I am thinking sovereigns and 20 franc gold for my personal collection. I am still trying figger out the actual bullion total when they are not .999. Does it matter really?

bullion total always matters .....if you dont have a book a quick internet search will give you the actual bullion total in specific coins

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Premiums are relatively lower, but is that because the sovergns and francs are not .999?

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Sovereigns and 20 Francs are everywhere and very recognizable, worldwide. Here is a quick summary in rounded numbers...

All classic Sovereigns are 8 grams of 22k gold (.917 fine). So Half Sovereigns are 4 grams of 22k, etc. Very easy. Make AGW calcs from there as needed.

20 Francs of France (Roosters, "Lucky Angels", etc) were equal to 20 Lire of Italy and 20 Francs of Belgium, Switzerland etc due to the regional trade agreement. All are 6.5 grams of .900 fine gold. Also, like with Sovereigns, 10 Francs = 3.25 grams of 900 gold, etc. Again, not hard.

P.S. They are also quite small and you can put them in a wallet/purse when you travel. No one will ever know those are not funny looking pennies/nickels. :)

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Apmex wants to charge me $25 sales tax. I have never paid it before?
Read the FL tax laws on their website, looks like you need to spend $500+ to avoid tax on bullion and foreign coins.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Read the FL tax laws on their website, looks like you need to spend $500+ to avoid tax on bullion and foreign coins.

So I purchased (2) Ave Circ 20 Francs for $696.12 with no sales tax + free S&H. I been looking at them, soverigns and Swiss Francs for a good buying opportunity.

SD Bullion still has a great deal (spot + $44.99) on 1oz. SD gold bars that look like clones of Aussie hand poured.

I think Spain should start producing conquistador style hand poured bars with lots of proof marks and bullion coins similar to reales. They would sell big time if the premiums were competitive and there was no monkey business.

Back in the 16th & 17th centuries the Spanish ministers in charge of coinage used to melt down the old coins during a change of rulers and add extra junk metal to increase the yield. Some of it benefitted the realm, but a majority went into the ministers personal pockets. A few paid with their lives for affecting the integrity of the silver content.

Spain had several fleet wrecks including the one in 1715 right off the beach in front of me where I sit as I type this. They did not print currency, so the king had to borrow further or crash the economy. Teddy Roosevelt finished Spain off in Cuba.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Apmex wants to charge me $25 salessa tax. I have never paid it before?
Under 500 in Fla requires sales tax, i screwed up buying dome fractional silver brittianias and got hit with tax

the_shootist

Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
$15 off order at APMEX with code BYD15.

Just got a 20 Franc Napoleon III for melt + $4.99.
Thanks, snagged one too. No sales tax in the Live Free or Die state to worry about :2 thumbs up:

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just want to mention I ordered a couple of other silver from Provident. Placed order on 7 Feb noon. Shipped 10 Feb 9 a.m.
Electronic check.

I think they like me ;-/\

the_shootist

Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Just want to mention I ordered a couple of other silver from Provident. Placed order on 7 Feb noon. Shipped 10 Feb 9 a.m.
Electronic check.

That's nuts! I wait a lot longer than that for Echecks to clear then wait some more before the vendor decides to ship. You must be a golden boy

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
If this is the payoff for using them over their other (main) outlet I am kool with it. The MIL discount plus great service have made me a loyal customer. Of course, I guess I am the oddity, I pay without a dick dance when I buy something, I don't renig on a purchase, I am always good for the money without excuses. I guess they noticed over the years. Of course, all the good will they have built with me could be destroyed in one order. A long time ago I remember them dragging ass in a funky market, I stopped ordering for a while to "allow them to catch up as they must have been too busy". Haven't had that problem since, but this particular purchase is exceptional in how quickly it was processed. Everything is moving at lightspeed because nobody wants to hold FRNs for long. The velocity of money?

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Electronic check.

There is that "Internet Moofluencer' power at work. ;)

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
APMEX sale last week + coupon total < $350 each. One is F-EX other is VG-F.

Feels like real money. I can only imagine the stories they would tell if they could speak. First things that come to mind are French whores and Cognac.

20220214_173118_resize_48.jpg
20220214_172940_resize_45.jpg
20220214_172853_resize_72.jpg

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is that "Internet Moofluencer' power at work. ;)
Sweet, came today, a Federal Government Employee brought them to the door and handed them to me.
One was a 2020 and the other a 2018. No issues noted. I love platinum.

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
"A representative will contact you shortly to gather your payment information and complete your order."

I have to wait for them to call me to complete the order?
I really don't want anyone calling me....

the_shootist

Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
"A representative will contact you shortly to gather your payment information and complete your order."

I have to wait for them to call me to complete the order?
I really don't want anyone calling me....
You're going to get spammed with calls. Ask me how I know.

Bman33

Silver Surfer
Reaction score
I got 10 1/10 oz gold Eagles from Nationwide a few years back for $118 each. It was well under spot at the time. They sent me stuff in the mail and called me a few times. They are trying to get you to buy graded modern bullion coins. Kind of stupid but some people dig that shit.

Deltom

Reaction score
APMEX Coupon code WCM1089 $100 off $2000 or more. Good till 3/31/2022
Got it in the mail........might be customer specific??