• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

HEADS UP - NEW OFFERS - SALES or DEALS -

the_shootist

Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Dont know what to do anymore, ww3, 5$gas, shortages up the ass of everything and silver still at 24/25? I really dont know , I cant justify buying more in this climate guys and gals.
After the beat down of the last two days, happening immediately after my last purchase, I think I'm with you. I'm not going to make any more moves for now either. Of course, that position is subject to change at any given moment!

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Canned goods and cigarettes (black market).

the_shootist

Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Canned goods and cigarettes (black market).
Funny you should mentioned canned goods as I received just yesterday a rather significant shipment of canned ham and other canned goods for the apocalypse pile

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I want to buy some Polish canned ham like we had as a kid. Krakus brand I think.

the_shootist

Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I want to buy some Polish canned ham like we had as a kid. Krakus brand I think.
Krakus polish hams are excellent quality. They're also what's known as a sterile canned ham, which means it doesn't require refrigeration and is ideal for 'long term' storage, I would use it within a year or so

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Krakus polish hams are excellent quality. They're also what's known as a sterile canned ham, which means it doesn't require refrigeration and is ideal for 'long term' storage, I would use it within a year or so
About three years ago they had it in the deli at wallyworld, plus a money off coupon. Sliced. You couldn't buy the whole ham. But it was great. We were eating Krakus steady until they no longer had it.

the_shootist

Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
As long as I can trade worthless(to me) US dollars for precious metals, I will continue to do so.
Am seriously thinking of some land in the middle of nowhere, though.
Yeah, there's that too

EDIT:
So I caught an opportunity after that little dip right after the Fed criminals announced the rate hike earlier today and picked up a gold Roo. I used your post as uplifting motivation :2 thumbs up:

Last edited:

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
$1094 for 1oz.platinum coins at Silver Gold Bull. Somebody stop me. It feels like we are going to $950. I am checking the sofa for spare change now.

ABC123

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Alright, finally have some scratch and ready to make a purchase. Its been so long since ive bought anything of significance.

Where should I go, Where are the deals?
Help a brother out!

the_shootist

Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Alright, finally have some scratch and ready to make a purchase. Its been so long since ive bought anything of significance.

Where should I go, Where are the deals?
Help a brother out!
You might want to wait until later today as NY is currently in the midst of another beatdown

ABC123

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiit
Thats good news for me.
Ive been waiting for years so I guess I can manage a few more hours.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
I can say the time to buy silver was a few months ago when the Kilo bars were $820. Kilo size seems to be the sweet spot for me and they stack real nice.

I cannot find anything to buy right now online. Your local situation might be different. Keep an eye on this thread as I post daily specials. Right now there are no deals with the spot so high.

I am still watching 1oz. platinum coins, gold 20 francs, gold sovereigns and kilo silver. Occasionally SD Bullion has a decent price on random 1oz. gold coins, but wait for gold to drop under $1900, silver under $24 and platinum under $1k spot $USD.

Historically I get the best deals on Black Friday right after Thanksgiving. The big challenge is to buy on the Friday or wait until after the close and buy sometimes better deals on what's left over the weekend. This year might be different.

***The only deals I see now are on certain firearms. Ammo is still a bit pricey, but available. Walmart has .22lr available for 9 cents. That's a steal these days.

Last edited:

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Not a screaming buy because gold spot prices are > USD $1900, nevertheless if you have cash buring a hole in your pocket take a look at SD Bullion.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Platinum 1oz. sub $1100.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Im still on the fence, Im not paying 3/4 bucks over melt for it when it cant break 30 after all the crap going on in the world

the_shootist

Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Poor man’s gold for a reason. I learned the hard way. I’ll just stick with nickels.
Honestly, I'm not comfortable transferring wealth into a metal that has never been considered currency. Unless I'm wrong (and I'm certain there much I don't know about platinum that others here can teach me) the two main uses of platinum has been for jewlry and for making catalytic converters (industrial use)

I'm not going to bet that when it comes time to sell some metals, the market wouldn't be much smaller for platinum than that for Ag and AU. For that reason, I'll stick to the latter two

the_shootist

Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Poor man’s gold for a reason. I learned the hard way. I’ll just stick with nickels.
Sounds to me like there's a story there???

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not comfortable transferring wealth into a metal that has never been considered currency. Unless I'm wrong (and I'm certain there much I don't know about platinum that others here can teach me) the two main uses of platinum has been for jewlry and for making catalytic converters (industrial use)

I'm not going to bet that when it comes time to sell some metals, the market wouldn't be much smaller for platinum than that for Ag and AU. For that reason, I'll stick to the latter two,
Im suprised the auto industries havent converted back to pt as high as pall has gone. Im sitting where I am excepting some brass and lead, non perishable supplies and the like

Barrettone

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
1oz platinum $1075.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Both are 1oz. .9995 platinum soverign coins.

LS is a Gibraltar Castle 5 Pounds
RS is UK Britannia 100 Pounds

I like the Brit better, but the Castles were $20 less at the time. Obviously thinner, the Castle looks better in pics, but the finish and thickness of the Brit is just perfect.

Overall the Brits are even quality with AGEs & ASEs. I have not yet fondled a USA Liberty.
20220418_155357_resize_78.jpg
20220418_160057_resize_84.jpg

Last edited:

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Silver hockey pucks @ $31.80/oz.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
20 francs random year ave circ gold @ $380.

I like to pay $350 or less, but gold is > $1900 today.

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I found a guy to trade straight up the ratio for bullion silver, gold AGE or Krugerrand or Gold Maple Leaf.

Thoughts? I wanted to do this but never have. Good idea?