• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

HEADS UP - NEW OFFERS - SALES or DEALS -

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Fussy Bears :rolleyes:

Fatboy

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Kind of hesitated to post this, but here goes:
I get this AARP "newspaper" and there was a gold deal in it, I ordered it on Saturday morning, I think the 14th. It came yesterday but I was at work, so I got it tonight. The 10 coins were all dated 2009 and in good shape. Here is the deal if you get that "newspaper" seems like I did ok.
It is from the January – February 2012 issue of AARP Bulletin, a newspaper type publication.
It is a full page ad for Nationwide Coin & Bullion Reserve
Phone 1.877.817.1220
Key Code bottom right RPB-120102

Deals is 1/10 OZT AGE $5 gold coin for $162.00 each, minimum order 5 coins listed bottom left, in write up maximum 10 coins.
He tries to upsell certified coins and also brings up government confiscation, and that these are only bullion coins.

I ordered 10 and told him to insert info on the other offers he wanted to sell.
Shipping is $38.00 no matter the size of order, so my total was

1,658.00 for 10 x 1/10 $5 gold coins shipped insured, 10 to 14 days to receive.

See above, I got what I ordered, I kept the receipt and tossed his sales stuff. He did not ask for email address.

Your mileage may vary of course. Good hunting.

By the way, this gave me a full ozt broken into tenths at the same price as a 1 ozt AGE. I wanted smaller coins but did not want to pay the premium. Thanks to this firm, I did not have to.

Thanks for the lead and in doing a quick "Google" check on them, this was among the first few links:

http://www.goldismoney2.com/showthread.php?17816-Nationwide-Coin-amp-Bullion-THUMBS-DOWN

As you said, "Your mileage may vary" BUT you did GREAT!

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Thanks for the lead and in doing a quick "Google" check on them, this was among the first few links:

http://www.goldismoney2.com/showthread.php?17816-Nationwide-Coin-amp-Bullion-THUMBS-DOWN

As you said, "Your mileage may vary" BUT you did GREAT!
I was so eager to get the deal I never checked my records for any attempts to order from them before!
I guess why I didn't connect the dots was they never did anything with my order last time, they threw it in the trash after talking to me and realizing they couldn't make an "upsale". This time I called on Sat morning, the guy was making coffee or something, and instead of arguing, I said I didn't have time send info.
Maybe AARP + send me info = future sucker?

Anyway, worked this time, total fail 8 months ago or so.

Thanks for pointing out my prior dealings with these crooks.

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I received a sales call from Eastern Numismatics this morning offering Peace Dollars for $29.95 per coin, which is a good price, especially for smaller orders if you're into those silver dollar thingies (spot was ~$32 at the time before the FOMC-induced spike). I passed...but someone here might be interested if the deal is still on. "Your milage may vary."

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I received a sales call from Eastern Numismatics this morning offering Peace Dollars for $29.95 per coin, which is a good price, especially for smaller orders if you're into those silver dollar thingies (spot was ~$32 at the time before the FOMC-induced spike). I passed...but someone here might be interested if the deal is still on. "Your milage may vary."
From the web page:
$29.95
Peace Dollar - 1 Coin VG & Better
Date Range: 1922 - 1935. Add $4.75 for Shipping & Handling, Free Shipping on orders above 50 coins. Please allow 2-weeks for delivery.
Provident is $29.85 for culls, next higher quaility is Avg Circulated for $31.35 with higher shipping.

That makes this a good deal in my book. Thanks for the tip!

~BS

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I get this AARP "newspaper" and there was a gold deal in it, I ordered it on Saturday morning, I think the 14th. It came yesterday but I was at work, so I got it tonight. The 10 coins were all dated 2009 and in good shape. Here is the deal if you get that "newspaper" seems like I did ok.
It is from the January – February 2012 issue of AARP Bulletin, a newspaper type publication.
Phone 1.877.817.1220

Deals is 1/10 OZT AGE $5 gold coin for $162.00 each, minimum order 5 coins listed bottom left, in write up maximum 10 coins.
He tries to upsell certified coins and also brings up government confiscation, and that these are only bullion coins.

See above, I got what I ordered, I kept the receipt and tossed his sales stuff. He did not ask for email address.

By the way, this gave me a full ozt broken into tenths at the same price as a 1 ozt AGE. I wanted smaller coins but did not want to pay the premium. Thanks to this firm, I did not have to.
Worked for me. Thank you. FIrst time I called them late at night some guy drilled me about being an AARP member. I called again during teh day when they're probablly busier and got the 10 AGEs no problem. New operator was nicer, and I played dumber. I promised I'd consider any future offers and items they were trying to hawk off after I received the GAEs. And my credit card charge is pending.

For the record, I got one of these offers before, maybe 2 years ago for 90 each or something like that. So if you did this before, woudln't hurt to try again especially if you dropped off the mailing and call list . . Although I don't doubt I'll be getting a lot of junk mail and calls over the next year or so.

Note: showing off your knowledge of bullion (or having any real knowledge of precious metals) will not get you very far. Theyre in the business of finding suckers, not giving away gold at a discount.

Last edited:

Lawrence

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Worked for me. Thank you. FIrst time I called them late at night some guy drilled me about being an AARP member. I called again during teh day when they're probablly busier and got the 10 AGEs no problem. New operator was nicer, and I played dumber. I promised I'd consider any future offers and items they were trying to hawk off after I received the GAEs. And my credit card charge is pending.

For the record, I got one of these offers before, maybe 2 years ago for 90 each or something like that. So if you did this before, woudln't hurt to try again especially if you dropped off the mailing and call list . . Although I don't doubt I'll be getting a lot of junk mail and calls over the next year or so.

Note: showing off your knowledge of bullion (or having any real knowledge of precious metals) will not get you very far. Theyre in the business of finding suckers, not giving away gold at a discount.

Was it still $162 or do they chart spot?

~BS

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Was it still $162 or do they chart spot?

these guys don't really chart spot. if theyre selling too many, they just cut the allotment back (from 10 to 5 to 1 to 0), then attempt to sell you other crap. surprised it's not sold out yet. Guess Senior 6 Pack can't really afford gold? i dont know.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

these guys don't really chart spot. if theyre selling too many, they just cut the allotment back (from 10 to 5 to 1 to 0), then attempt to sell you other crap. surprised it's not sold out yet. Guess Senior 6 Pack can't really afford gold? i dont know.
When I gave the guy the code, he must have looked at a chart or something, you could hear his voice "perk up" or a hint of excitement when he said, "Oh, that is from the AARP ad!" Hahahha.
Hoping I was already half way demented, I guess, little did he know compleatly crazy about gold.
I should add that I got the paper the night before, called next day early morning as it said 24/7, so I may have been the first to order. Review my past experience from the link above, they never even attempted to honor that order. I agree with the other poster, act dumb about PMs, confiscation, etc. I will add he never asked if I was a AARP member.

silverwood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Phone 1.877.817.1220

Thanks for posting this!, the offer is still good and they accepted my order with gold trading at @ $1728 spot as I was placing my order for $1658 an ounce gold, now thats what I call a sure thing!:biggrin:

Fixture

Seeker
Seeker
Thanks for posting this!, the offer is still good and they accepted my order with gold trading at @ $1728 spot as I was placing my order for $1658 an ounce gold, now thats what I call a sure thing!:biggrin:
I ordered 6 of these badboys today. Order accepted, no high pressure.

If this sale is legit (and I have no reason to think it's not), I like it!

Thanks to the OP.

Lawrence

Silver Member
Silver Miner
He's right. This is what I get for waiting too long.

Guy said they just ran out of the $162 coins, but they have a new batch they're asking $175 for. I passed. Still not a bad deal but not a killer score.

~BS

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
He's right. This is what I get for waiting too long.

Guy said they just ran out of the $162 coins, but they have a new batch they're asking $175 for. I passed. Still not a bad deal but not a killer score.
you serious? They're currently going for $190 - 195.

I'd still be buying probaby up to $185.

san312

I ordered today he tried to sell other coin also, let's see if I get it, anybody got any confirmation code anything from them after placing order

~BS

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I dont think they really give you one. I dont think I got one the last time I purchased. They just show up in the mail. Fedex.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++

Attachments

Joanner

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Harbor Freight has a digital scale on sale for $11.99.

Here is the info: http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-gram-digital-scale-97920.html

I am on their mailing list for sales, and there is a coupon for that particular scale for $9.99.

They have sales flyers in the store and sometimes these exact coupons are in the store as well.

I bought one of these quite a few years ago from them at a much lower price: http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-pocket-scale-93543.html
I use that one and it works nice.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I have never heard of this company but received an email from them. Checked them out and they are very Provident like. Cheaper on some things (yes, cheaper than Provident) and a little more on others. What I like is that they have a flat rate $10 shipping charge up to 5 grand (then its free), so very easy to compare prices with. Anyway the deal is with your first order they send you a free Redbook. If you're in the market to purchase some silver eagles this might be a pretty good thing for you.

www.wholesalecoinsdirect.com

Click on beginners special to read about it.

I am going to start a thread on the dealers board about them.

samwiii

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Just got an email from Provident for FREE SHIPPING! After planning my purchase, I read the rest of the ad: "with at least $100 in copper purchased." %#&@!

AguA

Silver Miner
Seeker
Just got an email from Provident for FREE SHIPPING! After planning my purchase, I read the rest of the ad: "with at least $100 in copper purchased." %#&@!
LMAO!! I couldn't have said it better myself! Damnation!!

samwiii

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++

Attachments

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Got the same email. There was that hmmmm moment before I saw the disclaimer. Wait 6 months and they'll be giving away 10 copper ounces with the purchase of dang near anything.

97guns

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
provident has their 10oz. NTR bars back up for .79 over, any QTY.

Argentium

Midas Member
Midas Member
Any opinions on these PCGS 2012 'S' Mint ASE's for $48.38 ea. I've never bought a slabbed coin in my life and am not a numi guy. Would there be a profit potential down the road? No idea on mintage numbers and this is somewhat strange:
Please note, these coins were struck at the US Mint Facility at San Francisco and are the bullion version and therefore do not bear an "S" Mint mark.
. :confused:

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Any opinions on these PCGS 2012 'S' Mint ASE's for $48.38 ea. I've never bought a slabbed coin in my life and am not a numi guy. Would there be a profit potential down the road? No idea on mintage numbers and this is somewhat strange: . :confused:
Don't buy them. You are buying the holder only. No "S" mintmark, maybe minted in SF but who cares? They are bullion.

Any opinions on these PCGS 2012 'S' Mint ASE's for $48.38 ea. I've never bought a slabbed coin in my life and am not a numi guy. Would there be a profit potential down the road? No idea on mintage numbers and this is somewhat strange: . :confused:
IMHO, it's a slab marketing SCAM. The coin bears NO "S" mint mark. You would be paying premium prices for a medallion. Again, JMHO.