• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Hello (again)!

dvvader

Reaction score
Hello GIM,

I first created this account in 2013 and was initially drawn to the forum by the PM and Preps discussions. At the time, I was a young man just getting started in the world, newly married, no kids, and prone to being tossed back and forth by the waves. Now I'm a slightly less young man, still happily married, with 3 kids (and another coming), and am being grounded in faith and freedom.

The events beginning in 2020 have been eye opening to say the least, and I remembered this forum late last year. I have been lurking, reading, and digesting here frequently since then. I figured I would log in and say hello and thank you to the lot of you for providing an alternative viewpoint and source of information to the mainstream. Alternatives are hard to find these days, and getting harder by the day it seems.

Best wishes to all!

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Welcome. Best to you and yours.

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
Welcome back. Pull up a chair and stay for a while!

Scorpio

для продажи слегка подержанный
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
run, run like hell,

there are oodles of old farts around these parts like Gringott

don't look back

:panda:

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! We're a wiry bunch but we all pretty much like minded and can always use one more in the mix!

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Always interested in another point of view from another area and another age group. Welcome back.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, what they all said.

Glad you dropped in for a spell.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Welcome and I always appreciate input form people with children and how they are negotiating schools, masks and vaccines.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Welcome back. Some suggestions:

1. Don't believe everything you read here. Be very skeptical and dig for facts to confirm or disprove any claim.
2. Silver is a dog. Avoid it. No countries have silver reserves; just gold reserves. In the future... Bitcoin reserves?
3. Use the Ignore feature liberally. It will bring you much peace if you just ignore the idiots. It won't take long to figure out who they are.
4. For an extra measure of conversation privacy post it in the Cigar Room. But remember, at the end of the day "THEY" have it all. Don't say anything here that you wouldn't be proud to admit to in a courtroom.

Alternative news sources I trust:

* www.zerohedge.com -- Not the first to break stories, but they are generally well researched before being posted
* www.citizenfreepress.com -- On the bleeding edge of the news cycle, requires some retractions, tends to sensationalize story with Drudge-esque headings.

Unfortunately, that is about it. I get my news from those two sources, and my commentary from GIM2. Strange that the Internet can be so huge and truth so hard to find.

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Who has the picture of the old men with a fold-up table and a sign that said, "Free Advice"?

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
providing an alternative viewpoint and source of information to the mainstream. Alternatives are hard to find these days, and getting harder by the day it seems.
Welcome. The information age is finished. It's much more difficult now to figure out what's going on. Censorship is back, even here. The main reason I stay is because after hanging around here almost 20 years, I've figured out to some degree who is legitimate and who is here to obfuscate, misinform, deflect and redirect and overstimulate with verbose garbage.
Enjoy!

dvvader

Reaction score
Welcome and I always appreciate input form people with children and how they are negotiating schools, masks and vaccines.
We live in California. Public schools were never an option, even before COVID. Our original plan was to send our kids to a private Christian school, but even they have been wishy washy regarding COVID requirements. We were not comfortable with that "lack of backbone" and pulled our oldest out last fall and are homeschooling. Our area has a strong homeschool community and that is what we will be doing until we are able to escape.

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
We live in California. Public schools were never an option, even before COVID. Our original plan was to send our kids to a private Christian school, but even they have been wishy washy regarding COVID requirements. We were not comfortable with that "lack of backbone" and pulled our oldest out last fall and are homeschooling. Our area has a strong homeschool community and that is what we will be doing until we are able to escape.
My son and DIL are home schooling 3 of my grand children and they're learning so much. They seem smarter every day. Public schools have become indoctrination centers that also serves as a baby sitter

Avalon

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
My granddaughter is still in public school. She wants to try and finish 5th grade with her friends she has grown up with. Poor education aside so far her school is ok. It wont be once she hits JH and all the critical race crap starts. We have been meeting lots of home school moms and even displaced teachers at school board meeting protests . She needs other kids around her and doesn't do well one on one. I'm hoping we can find a little group for her.

dvvader

Reaction score
My granddaughter is still in public school. She wants to try and finish 5th grade with her friends she has grown up with. Poor education aside so far her school is ok. It wont be once she hits JH and all the critical race crap starts. We have been meeting lots of home school moms and even displaced teachers at school board meeting protests . She needs other kids around her and doesn't do well one on one. I'm hoping we can find a little group for her.
If you can’t find a group, start one! I guarantee you there are others thinking the same thing, but don’t know where to start. We’ve been fortunate in that several couples in our normal group of friends we’re interested in homeschooling and everyone worked together to figure things out and make it happen. Inertia is real, but it’s been very rewarding.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
My son and DIL are home schooling 3 of my grand children and they're learning so much. They seem smarter every day. Public schools have become indoctrination centers that also serves as a baby sitter
Socialization indoctrination centers where kids learn to disrespect adults.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
15 kids. 5K each. $75K. Teacher gets 60K & the rest for supplies. Location is a spare office in someone's business.

Avalon

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
If you can’t find a group, start one! I guarantee you there are others thinking the same thing, but don’t know where to start. We’ve been fortunate in that several couples in our normal group of friends we’re interested in homeschooling and everyone worked together to figure things out and make it happen. Inertia is real, but it’s been very rewarding.
That is what why are looking at and making contacts for. I suspect all private schools will do what Crooked Cooper tells them to do. Its a mess :(

dvvader

Reaction score
15 kids. 5K each. $75K. Teacher gets 60K & the rest for supplies. Location is a spare office in someone's business.
This is similar to what we are doing. We’ve gone from “let’s homeschool” to “let’s homeschool together in the same place with a teacher present”. We have a kindergarten, 1st, and 3rd grade class currently, each with about 8 kids, who meet in converted garages or farm structures. Our teachers (or tutors) are two young ladies with a desire to teach, and a retired teacher. They work for much less than $75k. We (the parents) choose the curriculum and purchase supplies. Our “interest list” has exploded in the past year, but we are very selective with who we let in. We also have to be careful to not push the boundaries of what homeschool is, legally. It’s a lot of work, especially for the moms, but it has been extremely rewarding and all the kids are doing very well and testing well ahead of where they should be in all subjects.