• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

HEMP is now used in over 25000 products.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
1544898734556.png

https://qz.com/109268/hemp-is-used-in-over-25000-products-now-including-bmws/

Popular Mechanics 1938 before Oil companies and Fake News turned this industry into Reefer Madness https://ministryofhemp.com/blog/hemp-products-list/

Medical

https://www.projectcbd.org/guidance/conditionsFords hemp car 10x stronger than steel,powered by hemp

https://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/02/25/henry-ford-hemp-plastic-car-stronger/

http://humansarefree.com/2013/10/hempcrete-best-concrete-is-made-from.html

http://www.globalhemp.com/2014/04/hemp-building-materials.html

https://paleoleap.com/dangers-soy/

HEMP Bio-DeGradable Plastics -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX9cYSeiFXU

Foods-safe proteins

http://www.globalhemp.com/about-hemp/hemp-foods/

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
^Wrong thread, sorry. :weed:

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
USA should own the hemp market. Get rid of obsolete laws and regulation. It could be a huge new cash crop that will one day trade on the CBOE.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Without Government the people in the US would prosper on their own and we would already be the worlds leader in a lot of things.

Without the Government in control we would also have no;
Vietnam war
korean war
nuclear weapons and above ground testing
2 million in federal prisons
open borders
welfare
direct taxation of our pay
spying on Americans
ME war
9/11
700 billion annually on a defense(Offense) budget
21 trillion in debt
Inflation of the monetary system and mandated inflation by congress

Yes all of these things and more are brought to us by the government

Hemp should have never been illegal in the first place? How could it be? Its like tomatoes being outlawed.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
You smoking the hemp again?.....
Hemp products are like a billion import ?!...
Its way past time american farmers got in the game.
Reminds me of the time my buddy and I bought fake weed from a foo outside MSG at a RUSH concert early 90's. It was like rabbit food or something....young and desperate we tried smoking it anyway. No effect though not a harsh smoke. Funny thing was that you could smell that stuff throughout the arena during the show.

brosil

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I'll mention this again. According to the old farming books, growing hemp in a field suppresses the germination of weed seeds for up to 3 years. Growing hemp in rotation greatly reduces weed pressure.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I'll mention this again. According to the old farming books, growing hemp in a field suppresses the germination of weed seeds for up to 3 years. Growing hemp in rotation greatly reduces weed pressure.
If it's that aggressive, seems like it would grow like weeds when other crops are in rotation. Given it's tall fibrous nature, it might tangle equipment used to harvest other crops.

brosil

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
If it's that aggressive, seems like it would grow like weeds when other crops are in rotation. Given it's tall fibrous nature, it might tangle equipment used to harvest other crops.
Maybe you harvest as hay before it sets seeds?

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
The thought of farmers growing fields of hemp has to be scaring the feck out of the oil companies and the frankenfoods monsters like monsanto. If Trump and his AG secretary Sonny Perdue make this happen it will change the world.
Hemp makes better and cheaper plastics than petroleum and more and better fuel than frankencorn.

And that's just barely scratching the surface.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
18,008 viewsDec 17, 2018, 09:39am
How Hemp And The Farm Bill May Change Life As You Know It

Andre BourqueContributor

How hemp and the Farm Bill may change life as you know it.TARA JONES/FLICKR (CREATIVE COMMONS 2.0)

The 2018 US Farm Bill has now legalized commercial production of hemp. But what is hemp, and why should you care?

What is hemp?
Imagine a sweater softer than anything you've ever felt before, and more durable than cotton.
Imagine a car built with something lighter than steel that could stand 10 times the impact without denting.
Imagine if you could save four acres of trees by making paper from a single acre of a rapid-growing plant, instead.
Imagine biodegradable Legos.`

Now imagine all this possibility actually exists but you can't enjoy any of it because people in power once decided the plant from which it's all derived has a scorned cousin named "marijuana." If you can wrap your mind around this dereliction of logic, only then can you begin to understand the painfully silly policies America's had in place that have kept hemp from coating our farmland with hues of pale yellow and light green.
That longstanding logic has been costly for our country.

United States' hemp prohibition has suppressed potential jobs for farmers, products for consumers, and medicine for patients.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andreb...-may-change-life-as-you-know-it/#3c86e74694ce

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Lots of things can be made with hemp. I just can't help thinking that lots of things made of hemp are contrived, forced just so they can say they are made with hemp even if less risqué ingredients could be used for more effective utility. The hoopla sells. I'm just not sure how long that will last so I wouldn't get too caught up in all the hype. It's a weed after all-a very cheap commodity.

Reminds me of when Coors beer was all the rage in Iowa because it was not sold here. It was almost revered and mentioned in hushed tones. When it did became available nobody cared anymore and demand fell away to near nothing.

Lots of things are made with water too. Just sayin'.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Hemp has hundreds of uses, many of which are yet to be discovered or fully realized thanks to the lack of available research funds. From textiles and plastics to livestock feed and home cooking, hemp has many applications that can reduce our dependence both on other countries and fossil fuels. Driven by explosive growth in hemp-based consumer products, the global hemp market is expected to jump to $10.6 billion by 2025. Everything from our vodka to our cars is waiting to be reimagined in the future with legal hemp. Many people won’t even realize how much their lives are affected by cannabis-based products.

All of those uses make hemp a profitable cash crop for suffering farmers, with some early commercial growers reporting $100 per-acre more profit on hemp than canola. Hemp grown for CBD oil, on the other hand, can take in $8,000 per acre versus $600 per acre for corn. In particular, hemp can be a boon for arid western states. According to Pacific Standard,

Hemp can be grown to harvest on about half as much water as corn can, for example. Hemp also tolerates a wide variety of soils and temperatures, requires no pesticides, and grows extremely fast, soaring to as much as 20 feet in 100 days.​
Thus, if hemp eventually replaces other crops across large acreages, it could free up precious water supplies in the arid West for other uses. This could become especially important with climate change expected to shrink Western mountain snowpacks.​
Hemp is thus profitable and sustainable, two words which have eluded many U.S. farmers as of late. Hemp cultivation could provide much-needed relief as farmers struggle to find markets for millions of bushels of crops during the trade wars.

Now, instead of importing an estimated $100 million of hemp products every year, that money will go to American farmers and entrepreneurs.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Lots of things can be made with hemp. I just can't help thinking that lots of things made of hemp are contrived, forced just so they can say they are made with hemp even if less risqué ingredients could be used for more effective utility. The hoopla sells. I'm just not sure how long that will last so I wouldn't get too caught up in all the hype. It's a weed after all-a very cheap commodity.

Reminds me of when Coors beer was all the rage in Iowa because it was not sold here. It was almost revered and mentioned in hushed tones. When it did became available nobody cared anymore and demand fell away to near nothing.

Lots of things are made with water too. Just sayin'.
Good point. It will take a few years for hemp technologies to prove cost effective and even longer to determine the life expectancy of the products. Many attempts will fail. Those with the most resources (the bankers) will eventually be the main profiteers.

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
… with some early commercial growers reporting $100 per-acre more profit on hemp than canola. Hemp grown for CBD oil, on the other hand, can take in $8,000 per acre versus $600 per acre for corn. In particular, hemp can be a boon for arid western states. According to Pacific Standard...
That may be the case today (or yesterday) because there is no competition- yet. It is for the most part, still illegal. And if it ever does take off there will be lots of competition- for a while- until the price adjusts to market conditions. Even then it would probably resemble the cellulosic fiber for ethanol market. Viable, but more of a logistics/transportation business requiring processing facilities close to the source to remain so.

Again, this is a weed.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
I wonder what this means for home gardeners who just want one or two plants?