• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Here's MY Adios thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russkie

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Well....it's time to move it along. Thanks for all the conversation, the debate, the insights, the company.

Don't worry, the door won't hit me where the good Lord split me, so no need to warn.

I just can't in good conscience contribute to a site where there is corporate sponsorship and censorship.

I've never been banned, or otherwise abused my membership here (other than being a pain in the butt sometimes).

Scorp locked my poll, in which I simply asked the members what they thought about the new banner ad development. I was told to let it go.

So I'm lettin it go.

Have a good hard look at what you're not allowed to talk about, and you'll learn something.

Maybe I'm wrong, who knows. But I sure as hell can't abide being told I can't even talk about something or ask about something.

Good luck to all of you. It's been real.

Oz Waver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I agree with you.

Hopefully this will stay up.

I am asking you to stay... and reconsider. There are problems no doubt about it, but there are benefits too. We do get to communicate about lots of things...

Let me know if you find somewhere better that you like... I would join there too.

Nickelless

If coffee is gold, I own Fort Knox
Midas Member
Russkie, I think an APMEX ad is the least-objectionable way to keep the bills paid to keep GIM online. Unless and until someone comes up with a better way to cover the costs, it will do absolutely no good to just pout over a measly little banner ad for a company that all of us on here would likely support anyway. You can stay and continue to contribute to the conversation like the rest of the adults here if you so choose.

xTempest

I have been a member for a few years now but I don't post much these days. Without getting into the politics of things I would prefer you stay, I rather enjoy your posts in a lot of the threads I read.

TnAndy

retired guy
Platinum Bling
I worked on a construction job once where a guy kept threatening to quit.

Foreman finally brought a bucket of water over and told the guy "stick your hand down in it, then pull it out. Then length of time it takes to fill in the hole in the water is the same length of time anyone will miss you"

Put a whole new perspective on workplaces and relationships in general for me.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
I find it funny that you wide-o site owners cant come up with a few hundred dollars between you to keep this site running. Im sure ill get a pm from richg now saying 'not in my house'.

:bear_tongue:

Snow

Seeker
Seeker
NO ONE CARES! BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well....it's time to move it along. Thanks for all the conversation, the debate, the insights, the company.

Don't worry, the door won't hit me where the good Lord split me, so no need to warn.

I just can't in good conscience contribute to a site where there is corporate sponsorship and censorship.

I've never been banned, or otherwise abused my membership here (other than being a pain in the butt sometimes).

Scorp locked my poll, in which I simply asked the members what they thought about the new banner ad development. I was told to let it go.

So I'm lettin it go.

Have a good hard look at what you're not allowed to talk about, and you'll learn something.

Maybe I'm wrong, who knows. But I sure as hell can't abide being told I can't even talk about something or ask about something.

Good luck to all of you. It's been real.

Snow

Seeker
Seeker
LEAVE IF YOU'RE HAPPY! All you damn DRAMA Queens! Get and maintain your own site. I'm thankful and grateful to the founders! I've learned a lot since 2006, despite it all. I find it funny everyone HAS SOMETHING TO SAY EXCEPT THANK YOU! Be Gone!!!!!! Sick of you whiners!

I find it funny that you wide-o site owners cant come up with a few hundred dollars between you to keep this site running. Im sure ill get a pm from richg now saying 'not in my house'.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
That's a good one! My brother always says: "You may be an asset, but nobody's ass is that set!"

DrillAndFill

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Come back if you feel like it, but I have had enough of these farewell threads.

Brunhilde.jpg

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
LEAVE IF YOU'RE HAPPY! All you damn DRAMA Queens! Get and maintain your own site. I'm thankful and grateful to the founders! I've learned a lot since 2006, despite it all. I find it funny everyone HAS SOMETHING TO SAY EXCEPT THANK YOU! Be Gone!!!!!! Sick of you whiners!
Why dont you leave, I was here first......... Ill pay for your bus ticket, it seems everyone whos anyone here is broke.

Nickelless

Midas Member
I find it funny that you wide-o site owners cant come up with a few hundred dollars between you to keep this site running.
Or they could do like savvy businesspeople do and promote businesses that they trust and respect. You could say it's a conflict of interest, but I hardly think that the tiny stream of traffic on GIM is going to manipulate COMEX spot prices and throw the PM market into disarray. Give the admins a break.

Russkie

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hey.....just saying goodbye instead of disappearing with no reasons. So take it easy.

I don't care about the ad. I care about not being able to ask or talk about it. Nobody silences me.....but me.

And by the way TN Andy.....I never threatened anything. I just did it. Your loss, not mine.

But whatever. Loggin out.

Nickelless

Midas Member
Why dont you leave, I was here first......... Ill pay for your bus ticket, it seems everyone whos anyone here is broke.
Save the money for his bus ticket and send it to GIM for hosting costs instead.

Bx3

Silver Member
Silver Miner
It's ironic when a company like APMEX is labeled in a bad light on a PM forum because of their high volume PM sales. Like they are JPM or something.:eek_ma: I think confused just about sums up sum members rational here.:haha: Bx3

dosman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I hear ya russkie. GIM sure aint what it used to be, we never recovered from the transition, but there's still some good discussion here

TnAndy

retired guy
Platinum Bling
Remember, it's not about the ads.....well, it WAS about the ads, but then it morphed into being about his free speech.

The fact he made a dozen posts in the last day clearing (stating whatever he wished to spout) or so not withstanding, I guess he got mad because Scorpio shut down his "poll" that was designed not as free speech, but to gain support for his bandwagon.

Remember, free speech is ALL ABOUT VOLUME.....not content. The loudest squeak should get the grease.

This whole thread is about MORE SQUEAK.

So Adios......log out.....you know you'll be back to read the comments. Your ears burning ? Log back in, you ain't banned.....adios us again.

GodspeedMetals

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Everyone's got their reasons. Russkie, I wish you well. Hope you decide to come back.

As far as I know, GIM2 is one of the very few joints I can go to for a beer, hookers and blow. Did I say that right???

Last edited:

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
fyi russkie,

I closed your poll thread because it was asking how to handle the costs,

I am sorry, but that isn't up for discussion. The decision has been made.

you have had every opportunity to talk about it, and you have on other threads,

when is enough threads on the subject enough? Why not keep participating in those already running is my quibble with your post thread?

No one was silencing you, but of course, you see it as you must, I get it.

And he we are on yet another thread discussing the same thing, are you seeing a pattern here?

Ronnie, he is not mad about the ad supposedly, he is mad 'cause he thinks we are clipping his wings so he can't fly

just so you know, I am disappointed in your decision

S

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

RichG

GIM Radio Host
Platinum Bling

Wow .... I pm'd you. I don't remember. I hardly pm anyone.... go figure .... :smokin:

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
What's the name of the Shakespeare play?? I remember now, "Much Ado About Nothing".

From whence the GIM owners get money to pay the expenses of their site is important to the rest of us only in that it may imply an agenda. I could see valid complaints if sponsorship, and possibly strings, originated with BankofAmerica or Bernanke & Associates but just what agenda is implied by sponsorship from APMEX? Conspiracy to induce us to purchase gold and silver? Well!

Frankly, I could see how sponsorship could induce a tendency for the mods to want to flatten out some of the loonier (IMHO) flights, but that's a net positive in my book.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Frankly, I could see how sponsorship could induce a tendency for the mods to want to flatten out some of the loonier (IMHO) flights, but that's a net positive in my book.
And that is how it all starts and we become complacent until after each page is removed, you are the next loonie flight to be flattened. I understand and accept the reasons behind this venture, but it should only be human nature to be a little cautious when starting down this slippery slope.

As far as the OP. Take some time off. Chill out. Re-assess your position in a few weeks.. If it still bugs you then, hey it has been fun. But it has been my experience that actions made in haste and with emotion at the forefront are sometimes not always right. Hope to see you back in a few weeks.

TnAndy

retired guy
Platinum Bling
...the mods to want to flatten out some of the loonier (IMHO) flights, but that's a net positive in my book.
Amen Tom.

Personally, I think GIM1 went bent WAY too far over backwards to accomadate every lunatic that registered with an agenda. Everybody tip-toed around the jew bashers, skinheads and "there's a conspirarcy behind every rock" when if they were spouting a lot of that crap a your lunch table, you'd get up and walk away, leaving them to babble to themselves.

I actually LIKE the fact that most of them found themselves a new home somewhere else, and can now add GIM2 to the list of folks "out to get them".....ahahahaaaaa

DonShimoda

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Amen Tom.

Personally, I think GIM1 went bent WAY too far over backwards to accomadate every lunatic that registered with an agenda. Everybody tip-toed around the jew bashers, skinheads and "there's a conspirarcy behind every rock" when if they were spouting a lot of that crap a your lunch table, you'd get up and walk away, leaving them to babble to themselves.

I actually LIKE the fact that most of them found themselves a new home somewhere else, and can now add GIM2 to the list of folks "out to get them".....ahahahaaaaa
Exactly...run along little drama queen and join your friends..Hoarder,Book and Ponce over at ...the racist2 website! no one cares

Dude

Midas Member
Midas Member
OMG. That's all I have to say about that. Oh, and also I am happy about having sons and not daughters - or sons that act like daughters.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
just so you know, I am disappointed in your decision
Me too. Be well.

Armed.peasant

Seeker
Seeker
I guess I dont get it why the banner ad is such a big deal to some people. They must be watching too much CNN, PBS, CBS, NBC,..... ETC, because over the last few years it somehow makes you a bad person or organization if you make a little money. Its almost if you aren't riding the goverment hand out wagon you are greedy scum. Somewhere along the line most people have forgotten this country was at one time bulit on the fact if you don't bring in your own funds no one else will do it for you.

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Well, Bye. I left once (not really, I still lurked) but I came back and so will you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrillAndFill

Silver Member
Silver Miner
And that is how it all starts and we become complacent until after each page is removed, you are the next loonie flight to be flattened. I understand and accept the reasons behind this venture, but it should only be human nature to be a little cautious when starting down this slippery slope.
They came for the anti-government militants, and I said nothing.

They came for the white supremacists and racists, and I said nothing.

They came for the makers of slippery-slope arguments, and I said nothing, because once you let the camel's nose in the tent, why, it's the thin edge of the wedge, and if you give those people an inch, they'll take a mile.

Seriously - unusual for me, I know - I'm sympathetic to your argument. I think it applies in other directions. The Stormfront types were given an inch, and they took a mile: for a few months there, some of the subfora operated under the assumption that an interest in gold and silver requires a commitment to white nationalism and an fixation on them ever-so-despicable Jooos.

And it was a slippery slope which led to a site with decidedly narrower appeal.

We need people to wake up and invest in gold. Everyone from the resourceful/watchful prep-fiend living in a hole in hill country, to the smug Starbucks Volvo yuppie. We have already reached the former. The latter may be too dense or conditioned to wake up, but this site should be a louder megaphone.

Last edited:

graspAU

Seeker
Seeker
Banner ad? What banner ad? :wink_smile:

klichko

Seeker
Seeker
Russkie,

Make sure to donate your allocated-for-GIM $50 to Wayne State. They called me recently asking for donations. Very bad times for them.

Bye

P.S. Almost forgot ... your "Idti na huj, urod" in one of the threads was totally inappropriate.

Kaiser

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I worked on a construction job once where a guy kept threatening to quit.

Foreman finally brought a bucket of water over and told the guy "stick your hand down in it, then pull it out. Then length of time it takes to fill in the hole in the water is the same length of time anyone will miss you"

That is the good old spirit of America as we know it...

Avalon

Lawn Protected by Guns Of Avalon
Platinum Bling
Russkie, please reconsider :(
If not I wanted you know how much I have enjoyed your posts all these years. Best wishes..

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
They came for the anti-government militants, and I said nothing.

They came for the white supremacists and racists, and I said nothing.

They came for the makers of slippery-slope arguments, and I said nothing, because once you let the camel's nose in the tent, why, it's the thin edge of the wedge, and if you give those people an inch, they'll take a mile.

Seriously - unusual for me, I know - I'm sympathetic to your argument. I think it applies in other directions. The Stormfront types were given an inch, and they took a mile: for a few months there, some of the subfora operated under the assumption that an interest in gold and silver requires a commitment to white nationalism and an fixation on them ever-so-despicable Jooos.

And it was a slippery slope which led to a site with decidedly narrower appeal.

We need people to wake up and invest in gold. Everyone from the resourceful/watchful prep-fiend living in a hole in hill country, to the smug Starbucks Volvo yuppie. We have already reached the former. The latter may be too dense or conditioned to wake up, but this site should be a louder megaphone.
That's an unusually good post, even for you---

Oh, and Russki, allow me to join those who think you have been a good contributer to GIM and ask you to stay, if for no other reason, to see how things work out.

Book

Banned
Exactly...run along little drama queen and join your friends..Hoarder, Book and Ponce over at ...the racist2 website! no one cares
:bussi: i love you too Skyvike

As far as the OP. Take some time off. Chill out. Re-assess your position in a few weeks.. If it still bugs you then, hey it has been fun. But it has been my experience that actions made in haste and with emotion at the forefront are sometimes not always right. Hope to see you back in a few weeks.
How is it a slippery slope? Is all advertising evil?

Status
Not open for further replies.