• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Hi. Been a while.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Hi folks. It's been a while.

New "crisis", so back to GIM for an alternate take.

Glad my login still works.

......Willie
Hey WTK. Preciate you saying hello. I wish more folks did. Variety is the spice of life.

Thanks, NM. Just wondering what the folks here were thinking about this new crisis. I always appreciated the different takes from people here and the old GIM when it was around.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Another "Fake" crisis, I sure the flu is doing a better job killing.

Scorpio

Hunter of elusive Beer Virus
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
I call it beer flu for a reason or beer virus,

All poppycock,

nothing real or concerning about it

JMO

Trailblazer6

Seeker
Site Supporter ++
I heard someone on FB got this Covid-19 coined right " You don't have to worry about Covid-19. Like everything else made in China, it won't last long."

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I heard someone on FB got this Covid-19 coined right " You don't have to worry about Covid-19. Like everything else made in China, it won't last long."
China just had a hotel collapse with Wuhan virus patients / isolated. About half still trapped in the rubble.

Trailblazer6

Seeker
Site Supporter ++
There you go:gracious:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Unh Oh, a fellow seattlite —
welcome back.
Bottom Feeder
No Longer a Seattleite, Feeder. We're about 15 mins North in Shoreline now. (For those who don't know the area, Shoreline is the bedroom community to the immediate North of and adjacent-to Seattle. It was incorporated as a city about 25 years ago so it wouldn't be annexed by Seattle.)

When the Seattle authorities started digging through our garbage and telling us we had to rent our rental property to convicted felons, we said bye-bye AH's.

Shoreline is not much better, but it is better somewhat.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Funny how everyone thinks the crisis WTK is here for is the beer deal instead of the market crash or lowering interest rates to all time lows or the effect that wil have on pensions plans & 401K's or the boarder wall or illegals voting or a run on TP or average people starting to prep or homeless or schumer threatening the supremes or the G&S ratio or...........................

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Funny how everyone thinks the crisis WTK is here for is the beer deal instead of the market crash or lowering interest rates to all time lows or the effect that wil have on pensions plans & 401K's or the boarder wall or illegals voting or a run on TP or average people starting to prep or homeless or schumer threatening the supremes or the G&S ratio or...........................
Just another day around here.

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
Thanks, NM. Just wondering what the folks here were thinking about this new crisis. I always appreciated the different takes from people here and the old GIM when it was around.
My take is the virus is just a cover up for diffusing the derivatives time bomb.

1583854193898.png

Its like watching DANGER UXB mini-series all over again.

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Shot from the flea market earlier.

View attachment 156657
Was gonna use their bathroom but no toilet paper.
In that particular shoppe the situation appeared grim indeed.

Jmho
Well, that's when you wished someone hoarded the toilette paper for proper use. That is a grim situation in deed. :oops:

Wow, it's been 17 days since I peeked in here to see what's happening.

Had my face buried in Facebook and Nextdoor for most of them 17 days.

Seemed like a lot of people here thought the "crisis" was a hoax back then. Anyone change their minds? Anyone more sure?

Sitting here quarantined in my home in Shoreline, WA near ground zero for the U.S., it seems all too real to me. One thing's for certain, I don't like the government telling me what to do--mostly because I do it and others don't--I wish the government would force some of them other S.O.B.'s to do what they're suppose to do.

'Nother question: If this IS some sort of a massive hoax, wouldn't that be worse than if it was real?

Just wanting to hear what you folks think.

I'll tell you one thing, though, I sure am glad I listened (read?) to some of the prepping suggestions on this and other forums back in the day. I'm not going to say I heeded all that advice, but I'm not going to say I didn't heed some of it, either. Come on now, I want to say to my neighbors, you RAN OUT OF TOILET PAPER?!?! You only had 3 rolls when this thing hit??? I want to say, "How IRRESPONSIBLE are you?" Can't do that though because that would be rude, and I'd be labeled a "hoarder" (God forbid). Probably a racist, too, because it was white toilet paper.

Even before I learned about prepping, I would always have 2-3 months worth on hand at all times. It's cheaper that way. I got a higher ROI on my toilet paper investment than pretty much anything else--just by buying it when it was cheap and using it. I don't sell it or trade it or anything like that.

Wasn't there a fellow who used to post here who was filling his bunker with TP? He thought that it would be golden when TSHTF. Is he still around?

As Redd Fox used to say in his skit, "You got to keep your a** clean...."

But I ramble....and I'm venting....but I can't do that here so near the People's Republic of Seattle--the Gendarmes would come and get me.

Thanks in advance for any comments good or bad.

[End rant}

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Anyone change their minds?
I haven't. The virus is real, sure, but so is the flu. I think the most dangerous thing about this "pandemic" is the panic created by the main scream media. People get panicked and do stupid things.

In short, I think this is a false flag type of event (created by black hats) and is being taken advantage of by the white hats. Pain will be real just like other ff events. This time, I am hoping for an alternate ending being managed by the current administration.

We'll see.

Oh yeah, do not feel guilty for being intelligent. People should feel guilty for being stupid. Trouble is, they're just not intelligent enough to know.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Seemed like a lot of people here thought the "crisis" was a hoax back then. Anyone change their minds? Anyone more sure?
It's a bit of a hoax IMO.

This might open you eyes....

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Roughly 7500people die every day in America, how many additional due to this flu? I think this is hyped..

Scorpio

Hunter of elusive Beer Virus
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
it doesn't matter what you and I think,

all that matters is the herd, and the propaganda machine knows that,
they don't waste ammo on us or others like us,

do you also realize many internet sources are owned by those same media conglomerates, all covertly of course, but they do

try telling the people in the med field that it is all a hoax and a bunch of to do about nothing, see how they answer that,

all that matters is what the herd is seeing and how they are reacting,

it really doesn't matter how I perceive it or what I think of the whole charade

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
all that matters is what the herd is seeing and how they are reacting,
Social distancing... fear, keep away from me.

"Don't stand so, don't stand so, don't stand so close to me..." The Police

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Hi Willie,

There is genuine fear among the elderly and immune compromised here. I work for a company considered "Essential" in a state where we are "ordered" to stay home. More than 50% of cases are from Milwaukee County. We are nowhere near there. The efforts to "flatten the curve" by imposing statewide bans in places with no cases is fear mongering. Perhaps even an exertion of power to see how far they can go with government powers.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Hi Willie,

There is genuine fear among the elderly and immune compromised here. I work for a company considered "Essential" in a state where we are "ordered" to stay home. More than 50% of cases are from Milwaukee County. We are nowhere near there. The efforts to "flatten the curve" by imposing statewide bans in places with no cases is fear mongering. Perhaps even an exertion of power to see how far they can go with government powers.
Our area has a big second home inventory with owners from Boston and New York City. Local rag did a clip on how them there city folk have been bugging out here. Been seeing lots of out of neighboring state plates at shopping centers.